God's Beard, God's Body

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Knight
Prodigy

God's Beard, God's Body

Post #1

Post by Purple Knight »

If I was to be religious I would reject the beard of God. Beards are ugly and foul.

I don't believe God has a beard; he's merely painted that way. I also reject that God is naked. Adam and Eve, when they came to know what nakedness was, were ashamed to be naked. Would God be ashamed to be naked? No. God is not naked. He's also not wearing a tuxedo or a top hat or a thong or even a sweater vest and khakis. All options for clothing are equally ridiculous. If God is not naked and not clothed then he has no body.

Just as Michelangelo paints a beard onto God, so too do writers paint actions onto God with their words. They do not blaspheme if they paint with their hearts and paint of what is good.

But what is good to them, is not necessarily good to me. If honour thy father and thy mother is good, then he whose mother is named Sarah honours Sarah, but I whose mother is named Janet must honour Janet. He whose neighbour is kind must return that kindness, but he whose neighbour is a murderer and a rapist must turn him in. What I must do is different than what he must do; we are in different situations.

Without a body, God is simply, what is good. No more, and no less. To seek this is to seek God. If a Man's skin helps as a placeholder, so be it. If a lion's skin, better still. If stories and words help one to search, so be it.

If not, then it needs words no more than it needs a beard.