Is the God if love, wrathful, angry or send alienated people to hell?l?

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Suranjith

Is the God if love, wrathful, angry or send alienated people to hell?l?

Post #1

Post by Suranjith »

In the beginning, God of love created a living being named man so that man could reciprocate His love for man. So that His desire may be fulfilled, God gave man an eternal soul and free will. Whether man loves God and moves closer to Him or rejects Him and moves away from Him, is a decision that man could have made according to his freewill. If man loves God and moves closer to Him according to his freewill, man establishes eternal communion with God. If man rejects God according to his freewill and is separated from God, (like solitary confinement in the Maximum-Security prison system) man establishes eternal separation from God. The status of eternal communion with God has been described by primitive man as eternal life in heaven, so that even primitive men may understand it easily. The status of eternal separation from God has been described as eternal hellfire, so that even primitive men may understand it easily. God is not WRATHFUL, or does not get ANGRY or does not JUDGE or SEND people to HELL. But it is man who choses according to his freewill, whether he establishes a close relationship with God (eternal life in Heaven) or he goes into solitary confinement away from God (Eternal life in hellfire).

Today there are 7.8 billion people on this earth. Each of the 7,8 billion individuals has a morality code broadly grouped into three groups named Atheistic, Agnostic, and Theistic. The Theistic group consists of several sub-groups that have similar morality codes but believe in different Gods. Out of these the Christian Sub-group has divided into 1,000s of minor sub-groups called denominations. These denominations are formed when two or three individuals that have similar morality codes and beliefs: not necessarily exactly identical morality codes and beliefs; join together.
For almost sixty five years I have been struggling to comprehend, of course not to fully understand, the nature of God. The book ‘The Reason for God; Belief in an Age of Skepticism’ by Timothy Arnold that I have read recently and my ten-year experience in the Kairos Prison Ministry which caters to the spiritual needs of Maximum-Security Prison inmates, opened my mind to this almost sixty five year old struggle. I am now content with my own theology that I describe above.

Suranjith Peiris

otseng
Savant

Re: Is the God if love, wrathful, angry or send alienated people to hell?l?

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.