Abuse Is Not A Reason For Divorce

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Amos Ministries
Student

Abuse Is Not A Reason For Divorce

Post #1

Post by Amos Ministries »

In no way, shape or form is this post condoning a husband abusing his wife. Violence in any form, is against the word of God! ⁠

Colossians 3:19 - Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.⁠

However, Jesus’ instructions to ‘turn the other cheek’, applies to both men and women, husbands and wives.⁠

Matthew 5:38-39 - “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.⁠

A husband who does not obey the word of God, is not a reason for a wife to rebel against her husband. ⁠

1 Peter 3:1-6 - Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, ⁠

Suffering as a servant of Christ is mandated for every believer - men and women, husbands and wives. ⁠

1 Peter 2:19-20 - 19 For it is commendable if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because they are conscious of God. 20 But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.⁠

We must follow Christ’s example:⁠

1 John 2:6 - Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.⁠

Yet somehow, today’s Christian society has made women and wives exempt from following the teachings of Jesus. We must not align ourselves with the cultural and traditional norms of today’s society over the Bible’s teachings. The bible does not allow a wife to separate/divorce her husband for any reason, even if she is being abused.⁠

1 Corinthians 7:10 - To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. ⁠

otseng
Savant

Re: Abuse Is Not A Reason For Divorce

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

Miles
Savant

Post #3

Post by Miles »

Amos Ministries wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:41 pm Image

Yeah, what a great concept. Abuse Is Beautiful. We guys can really lay into our wives and they have to take it whether it's justified or not.

...................................Image
............................."Divorce me just because I love kicking the **** *** ** ***? Sorry, sister, it's not an option."

benchwarmer
Guru

Post #4

Post by benchwarmer »

Amos Ministries wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:41 pm The bible does not allow a wife to separate/divorce her husband for any reason, even if she is being abused.⁠
You may want to read your Bible more closely:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=NIV
I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery
So, apparently Jesus is fine with abuse and other non sex related issues but draws the line at extramarital sex. I think this probably speaks more to the people who wrote the Bible than any supposedly inspired wisdom.

As to the title of this OP, I call bunk.

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

Amos Ministries wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:41 pm Violence in any form, is against the word of God! ⁠
Whoever wrote 2nd Peter disagrees with your assessment:
2 Peter 2:

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6 if by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes he condemned them to extinction, making them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
Perhaps God doesn't consider abuse a valid reason for divorce because he sees nothing wrong with violence.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From the OP:

"In no way, shape or form is this post condoning a husband abusing his wife."

I fear such is gonna end up with, "well, about that..."

"Violence in any form, is against the word of God!"

Respecting we're in Random Ramblings, I'm lost to figure how this'n here knows the mind of a god that can't be shown to exist.

"Suffering as a servant of Christ is mandated for every believer - men and women, husbands and wives."

I've come to find out I suffer so I can see me the pretty thing naked. Not a complaint. But c'mon, does she really need to know my opinion on a pattern or color it is, she done decided on her to decide?

"1 Peter 2:19-20 - 19 For it is commendable if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because they are conscious of God. 20 But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.⁠"

I'm reminded of folks who suffer under religious 'leaders' who'd do horrible things to folks. I reiterate my understanding that we're in RR. It's just there's so, so, so many examples of 'Speakers for God' who say God's proud for me to do the how bout that on you, and you need to be you proud me and God there, well we done did what it is, we done did to you. And how about that.

I dare say, the rapist doesn't consider his rapings unjust, but just to question why the victim don't. Call me on this. History is full of religious 'leaders' violating their position in order to violate others.

No loving god ever allowed an innocent to suffer harm.

'Lessons' is counterspeak for "To heck with it, he kneels down in front of a priest who might be proud he did."

"We must follow Christ’s example:

1 John 2:6 - Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.⁠
"
HECK NO!

He toted him a cross right up to him his own execution. To heck with that! If the rhetorical you is gonna kill me, you're gonna hafta kill me hollering "Momma", and afighting and acussing and acarrying on all the way. I don't object to the buggar flicking defense. Jesus was just another in a long line of religious zealots who claimed to speak for a god he couldn't show exists. He was the bastard (unproven daddy) son of a married 'virgin', and had absolutely no care about how Mary's old man felt about it all.

Joseph was a cuck, if the story be told.

Jesus was the product of an ancient online hookup site.

My son, a Model American, was born seven months premature. We got married and two months later, he got born. Is my son Jesus 2.x?

I consider the story of Jesus to be that of a human so caught up in religious idolatry -yes, idolatry - as to die a pliant death, instead of picking him up a stick, and poking someone right in them their eye.

"He died for my sins" is to create an avian bull. My sins are my own - barring anyone actually showing a god gives him a hoot or a dang about it.

"Yet somehow, today’s Christian society has made women and wives exempt from following the teachings of Jesus. We must not align ourselves with the cultural and traditional norms of today’s society over the Bible’s teachings."
Consider that on here we go..?

"The bible does not allow a wife to separate/divorce her husband for any reason, even if she is being abused."

Well don't that -ahem- beat all.

It's just a shame there pretty thing there can beat me up, elstewise it is, I'd give me her, her a good what for!⁠

ANY REASON!

"I'm sorry there pretty thing, but I'm gonna need you to set still for a spell, while it is, I whoop on you for your having slapped me my feet off the coffee table there. You irredimate whore you!"

This is the nature of the god belief. It protects the rhetorical you from the difficult questions. It protects you from any accountability.

It protects you from a woman who doesn't know her place.

I can only thank God he gave me dual probosceses.

Only problem is, it doesn't protect me from the pretty thing clamping closed them legs and telling me to pray God'll open em right on up.

I never not met !e the first theist that couldn't show a god exist to have that God him an opinion they can't show he does, but don't it beat all me and my buddy God, well we deserve us the right to abuse any and all of us, just as long as it it, we hide our comments on a section of this site that prevents - nay refuses - us to show we speak truth.

Hallelujah God! I can whoop me any woman I sucker into taking my hand in marriage.

Hallelujah God! I get to hide me my vulgarities in YOUR HOLY NAME!

Random Ramblings?

We can all hide our claims from challenge.

We can't all defend em from it.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by Purple Knight »

Amos Ministries wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:41 pmHowever, Jesus’ instructions to ‘turn the other cheek’, applies to both men and women, husbands and wives.⁠
Good, then everyone is equal. The woman may not be able to retaliate, but she need only wait a while until this fight is forgotten and hit him first. Now he has to turn the other cheek and just take it.
Amos Ministries wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:41 pmMatthew 5:38-39 - “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.⁠

A husband who does not obey the word of God, is not a reason for a wife to rebel against her husband. ⁠

1 Peter 3:1-6 - Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, ⁠

Suffering as a servant of Christ is mandated for every believer - men and women, husbands and wives. ⁠

1 Peter 2:19-20 - 19 For it is commendable if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because they are conscious of God. 20 But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.⁠
Here's the question then. We know she can't hit back. You've shown that pretty well.

But can she call the police? If he's assaulted her, he's broken a law, hasn't he?