Post #1

Post by unborntraveler »

For the godless atheist

unborntraveler

Re: For the godless atheist

Post #2

Post by unborntraveler »

Meet the first of our long list of villains: Lloyd Evans

(12 problems with the Jehovah's Witness teaching of paradise)

The point here is not that he is attacking Jehovah Witnesses but that he is attempting to destroy the idea of earthly Paradise.
He is the end product of technological rationality and atheism married together.

(Jehovah's Witness video on the perils of freedom oozes desperation!)

Lloyd's motivation for preaching atheism is 3 to 5 cents a click of ad revenue from YouTube. Try to figure out the real motivation of what people say or not say in the following videos and texts.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #3

Post by Bust Nak »

a) What's the debate question?
b) I don't want to click on those video, please describe the relevant parts.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by Purple Knight »

unborntraveler wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:29 am Meet the first of our long list of villains: Lloyd Evans
One thing he says that I have a problem with is that he says "what they mean by paradise is that the only religion will be Jehovah's Witnesses" as if that's horrible and intolerant on the part of the JWs and constitutes a knockdown in and of itself.

It's really doesn't.

Every last one of us (well, I hope) has an idea of what is good and what is evil. Sometimes we disagree. I disagree with the poster here named JW often. He thinks eating a cake shaped like a person is evil. I don't see anything evil about it; I just think it's weird.

JWs have their own ideas of right and wrong. Lloyd Evans is basically saying that JWs think they're correct; that they believe their rules are morally correct.

This is not about some earthly seal of approval. This is not about the Pope or anyone else giving you a sticker that says "gets into Heaven" and God bowing to that sticker - it's about them believing that what they think is good, is good, and what they think is evil, is actually evil. Well... who doesn't think that?

If you think it's about such an earthly sticker of approval, you'd be wise to ask a Jehovah's Witness:
1) what they think would happen to someone who followed every rule the JWs have and simply wasn't a member of that church, or perhaps someone who was disfellowshipped wrongly and
2) what they think would happen to some unrepentant sinner who had wormed his way into the highest levels of the church

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.