America's Front Lines Of Defense

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

America's Front Lines Of Defense

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

A US Supreme Court decision ruled some time ago that Americans have a right to own guns for self defense. However, self defense was not the founding fathers' intention.

The second Amendment provides for an armed militia; which are not professional soldiers, rather, citizen soldiers, e.g. minute men.

Minute men were not intended to be armed with government weapons; rather, privately owned weapons that they can grab in a moments' notice, and those weapons have to be suitable for warfare in the event it becomes necessary to defend America from foreign invasion, e.g. the American Revolutionary War.

Well; if China or Russia should decide to invade America; they won't do so with shotguns and deer rifles. Professional soldiers will be coming here equipped with large capacity AK-47's, semi automatic handguns, RPGs, mortars, tanks, artillery, helicopter gunships, and high tech jet aircraft.

Our minute men will be slaughtered should they attempt to defend us without weapons comparable to theirs.

NOTE: Assault style rifles are not the same as actual assault rifles. Assault style rifles are not fully automatic; they're semi automatic, i.e. in order to make an assault style rifle fire successive shots, its trigger must be pulled each time; viz: one pull, one shot.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Sat May 15, 2021 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Re: America's Front Lines Of Defense

Post #2

Post by WebersHome »

FAQ: Doesn't the National Guard fulfill the second Amendment?

A: No.

"A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

National Guardsmen neither keep nor bear their arms. The Guard's weaponry is typically stored in an armory under lock and key rather than on their persons or in their homes and cars.

Also the "right" spoken of does not refer to military personnel; it refers to the people, i.e. the citizenry, viz: civilians.

In addition: neither the police nor the Guard can be everywhere at once. They'll allocate their resources where they decide will be most urgent, while the remainder will be on their own. The police might even be ordered to stand down; they've done it before.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #3

Post by WebersHome »

FAQ: Do activists like Antifa, Black Lives Matter, and Montana Freemen, etc. qualify as militia?

A: No.

The second Amendment calls for a well regulated militia.

Webster's defines "regulate" as

1» To govern or direct according to rule

2» To bring under the control of law or constituted authority

3» To make regulations for or concerning

In other words: the militia spoken of in the second Amendment is not supposed to take the law into its own hands, rather, expected to conduct itself legally, i.e. within the bounds of the law and subject to higher powers, e.g. mayors, chiefs of police, governors, Presidents, and ranking U.S. military officers.

In addition, the purpose of the second Amendment's militia is the security of a free State. In other words: national defense.

Some of the mobs, looters, rioters, occupiers, and protestors I've seen of late have not been conducting themselves lawfully, nor submissive to higher powers, nor is their agenda in any way devoted to national defense, i.e. foreign invasion.

NOTE: Cosmetic identifiers like "Social Justice" and "Civil Disobedience" are merely sophisticated labels for camouflaging what used to be commonly known as mob rule.
_

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by Purple Knight »

WebersHome wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:36 am In other words: the militia spoken of in the second Amendment is not supposed to take the law into its own hands, rather, expected to conduct itself legally, i.e. within the bounds of the law and subject to higher powers, e.g. mayors, chiefs of police, governors, Presidents, and ranking U.S. military officers.
Is that what the patriot rebels did when they formed the country? Or did they simply act on what they thought was right and blast what the Crown and the legal authorities said about it?

WebersHome
Guru

Post #5

Post by WebersHome »

Purple Knight wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:57 pmOr did they simply act on what they thought was right and blast what the Crown and the legal authorities said about it?
Acting on what you yourself think is right instead of obeying the law of the land; pretty much defines anarchy.

The colonists were not yet subject to the US Constitution, nor were they yet a sovereign nation. Were you to follow their example today in a rebellion against the US Government, you'd likely find little sympathy for your agenda-- maybe among the Antifa you'd find sympathy, but not much from among the rest of us.

If perchance you're unhappy with the laws of this land, perhaps you should consider renouncing your citizenship in the USA and relocating somewhere to begin a country of your own; with laws to your liking
_

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #6

Post by Purple Knight »

WebersHome wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:27 pmThe colonists were not yet subject to the US Constitution, nor were they yet a sovereign nation.
They were subject to British law.
WebersHome wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:27 pmWere you to follow their example today in a rebellion against the US Government, you'd likely find little sympathy for your agenda-- maybe among the Antifa you'd find sympathy, but not much from among the rest of us.
I like to think that whether rebellion is an evil act or not doesn't hinge on how much support the rebellion has. If I did such a thing, I like to think that if the laws and government I made the weighty decision to use force against, is actually unjust, then I'm noble regardless of how many people agree with me, and that conversely, if I rebel against a just government then I'm evil whether lots of people agree or not. Am I incorrect?
WebersHome wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:27 pmIf perchance you're unhappy with the laws of this land, perhaps you should consider renouncing your citizenship in the USA and relocating somewhere to begin a country of your own; with laws to your liking
_
The colonists didn't do that. They rejected the old laws (old laws like the Stamp Act and Tea Tax that were unjust, according to the history books) and ushered in new ones.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #7

Post by WebersHome »

Purple Knight wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:23 pm They were subject to British law.
An important element of their resistance to take into consideration is that the colonists made no attempt to overthrow the British government nor grab themselves a piece of the British mainland. In that respect, the colonists were defenders rather than conquerors; and their circumstances were quite a bit different than Antifa's.

The colonists were off-shore, they did not want an enclave within the British mainland; whereas Antifa's forces have been trying to establish themselves a sovereign nation right in our very midst. I know what they're up to because I live only a few minutes west of Portland Oregon.

In addition; the colonists made no attempt to destabilize Britain; whereas Antifa's agenda very definitely seeks to destabilize America; nor were the colonists a threat to Britain's domestic tranquility, whereas Antifa has proven itself a menace to public health and safety.
_

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by nobspeople »

WebersHome wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:15 am .
A US Supreme Court decision ruled some time ago that Americans have a right to own guns for self defense. However, self defense was not the founding fathers' intention.

The second Amendment provides for an armed militia; which are not professional soldiers, rather, citizen soldiers, e.g. minute men.

Minute men were not intended to be armed with government weapons; rather, privately owned weapons that they can grab in a moments' notice, and those weapons have to be suitable for warfare in the event it becomes necessary to defend America from foreign invasion, e.g. the American Revolutionary War.

Well; if China or Russia should decide to invade America; they won't do so with shotguns and deer rifles. Professional soldiers will be coming here equipped with large capacity AK-47's, semi automatic handguns, RPGs, mortars, tanks, artillery, helicopter gunships, and high tech jet aircraft.

Our minute men will be slaughtered should they attempt to defend us without weapons comparable to theirs.

NOTE: Assault style rifles are not the same as actual assault rifles. Assault style rifles are not fully automatic; they're semi automatic, i.e. in order to make an assault style rifle fire successive shots, its trigger must be pulled each time; viz: one pull, one shot.
_
I'm wondering when this antiquated idea of 'guns and people invading another' will wither at the vine? There's so much more tech available (drones, targeted bioweapons, viruses, digital infiltration, infrastructure impedance, etc) would seem like a better means to the wanted end.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!