The Atheist's Hospice

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

The Atheist's Hospice

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: The Atheist's Hospice

Post #2

Post by Purple Knight »

I'll be happy to have my eternal retirement. It's better than going on and on, racking up more and more debt because I can't avoid sinning and then either having to pay for it or beg someone else to pay for it in my stead.

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #3

Post by Dimmesdale »

Purple Knight wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:17 pm I'll be happy to have my eternal retirement. It's better than going on and on, racking up more and more debt because I can't avoid sinning and then either having to pay for it or beg someone else to pay for it in my stead.
Oh purp....., there is world completely outside of debt. There everything is... free... like u and me.

I know you will discover it one day. :hug:

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Dimmesdale in post #1]

I can see why you placed this in Random Ramblings. It is described as a sub-forum for "Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions." This certainly applies. Not a single verifiable fact to be found nor is any needed.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Purple Knight »

A fun fact is that Hindus consider the "eternal retirement" to be something desirable, even though they believe in the supernatural, reincarnation and whatnot. Hindus believe that the goal of the reincarnation cycle is to escape it, reach nirvana, and not have to be born into anymore bodies. Now, does that mean Nirvana is Heaven? Nope. It's closer to nothingness. The soul rejoins the basic energy of the universe.

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #6

Post by Dimmesdale »

Purple Knight wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:00 pm A fun fact is that Hindus consider the "eternal retirement" to be something desirable, even though they believe in the supernatural, reincarnation and whatnot. Hindus believe that the goal of the reincarnation cycle is to escape it, reach nirvana, and not have to be born into anymore bodies. Now, does that mean Nirvana is Heaven? Nope. It's closer to nothingness. The soul rejoins the basic energy of the universe.
Au contraire....

Something to consider deeply.

Meditation is active, aware, intense..... NOT sleepy.....