Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

Giving up Debate Forever.... at least for a long, long time

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

8-)

To any wondering why the Relentless WereLeopard known as Dimmesdale is no longer arguing with people.... That's right. I've given it up. It doesn't do anything. It mostly just harms. Like smoking, which I've done, I've kicked this can as well. Only, smoking was an easy thing to kick in comparison to this.

I feel so much freer now.

I may pitch in now and then, sporadically, but my days of poking the bear are over. I've had it and want no part of it. I've found a peace and serenity in God that is light years ahead of anything here and I do not wish to spoil it ever again.....

You can say whatever you want about any of my pics. I don't care. That's just self-expression, not debate. If it warms just one person's heart, it has meaning.

Once again, I'm done arguing. I wish only to look at other people as human beings, not through any 'ism.' That's what's primary, and its high time I started living it.....

BLESSINGS TO ALL - Theist or Atheist, Devout or Agnostic.... May ALL GOOD THINGS Fall upon you like DewFall and may you find eternal peace here in this life.....

dr suess free svg
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Diagoras
Guru

Re: Giving up Debate Forever.... at least for a long, long time

Post #2

Post by Diagoras »

Thanks for the thoughts, and wishing you a happy life in return.

Arguing (or debating) can be exhausting, frustrating, time-sucking and sometimes leaves one feeling less settled and sure of oneself. So it’s natural and healthy for someone to step away if they aren’t getting enough of the ‘good stuff’ that still exists in sites like this. The occasional diamond does shine through. :)

Go well.

Tcg
Savant

Post #3

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Dimmesdale in post #1]

I remember this bit of "debate" from The Science of Bigfoot with fondness:
Dimmesdale wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:40 am
Since I believe in God and the reality that we can know truth (God being the granter of truth and knowledge to those who know and love him), I have access to certain knowledge. I don't have atheistic blinders on, in other words.
Apparently "atheistic blinders" hinder one from understanding the truth about Bigfoot. Who knew?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to Dimmesdale in post #1]
I've found a peace and serenity in God that is light years ahead of anything here and I do not wish to spoil it ever again
If being here spoils your light, I doubt you've found it then or now. If anything, it would make you stronger.
But sometimes some have to 'cut and run', as they say. If this works for anyone, I say they do it! :approve:
Have a great, potentially godless, day!