Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

Beauty of Islam

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

I resonate with this a lot.

Just saying: this is me, a great deal.
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Dimmesdale
Sage

Re: Beauty of Islam

Post #2

Post by Dimmesdale »

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #3

Post by Dimmesdale »

Tcg
Savant

Post #4

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to Dimmesdale in post #1]

I guess it makes sense to move on when former crushes no longer provide what one needs.
Dimmesdale wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:06 pm Christianity has both helped me and hurt me mentally.

It gave me hope when I had my Born Again experience in high school. It opened my mind up to the possibility of love and spiritual experiences and that there was more to life than just the physical universe. For that receptivity to spiritual possibility, I will always be thankful to Jesus
Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Dimmesdale
Sage

Post #5

Post by Dimmesdale »

Tcg wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:35 am [Replying to Dimmesdale in post #1]

I guess it makes sense to move on when former crushes no longer provide what one needs.
Dimmesdale wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:06 pm Christianity has both helped me and hurt me mentally.

It gave me hope when I had my Born Again experience in high school. It opened my mind up to the possibility of love and spiritual experiences and that there was more to life than just the physical universe. For that receptivity to spiritual possibility, I will always be thankful to Jesus
Tcg
Agreed.