Capitalize on Clamness

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Dimmesdale
Sage

Capitalize on Clamness

Post #1

Post by Dimmesdale »

I want to repeat what I wrote elsewhere on free will and expand....

Oh alright, why not one more go (on this, ever-so perennial topic..)? 8-) :?

I believe, at this point, that there is no time in the ultimate sense. Whatever is happening NOW has, in some sense, always been happening. And so, Reality can't be other than what it is.

BUT

Whatever we DO with our WILL now, that is free and unencumbered, affects, well, everything.... What I mean is, what we will, determined or not, has an effect on Destiny. It's like they run in tandem (a favorite word of mine, ha) next to each other. Our willing, no matter how small, has an impact. And our will is NOT totally at the mercy of ... "dominos". No. It is IN LARGE PART , SELF-ORIGINATED. Not that it is fully independent of influences, but that, it has an ORIGINAL contribution to make, even if that happens to be outside time and, in that sense, ALL ALONG.

Hope that helps

What to do with this information? This. Instead of thinking you are a "DOMINO" think instead that you are the SPACE BETWEEN the DOMINOS and that you exert an INFLUENCE.

If dominos are thoughts, one leading to the next, BE THE CALMNESS that contains the thoughts. And thereby, CONTROL them better. At least SLOW THEM DOWN. SEE THEM MORE CLEARLY. Thus, raise your AWARENESS. This must therefore lead to better thoughts, and a better domino fall-down pattern!

In other words, CAPITALIZE ON CALMNESS! If you are not drunk, you will be able to make better decisions.....
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

The Barbarian
Sage

Re: Capitalize on Clamness

Post #2

Post by The Barbarian »

Rats. I thought this was going to be discussion of bivalve mollusks.

Miles
Savant

Post #3

Post by Miles »

The Barbarian wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:37 am Rats. I thought this was going to be discussion of bivalve mollusks.
I'll go along with that.

......................................... "Clamness"

"Nice smile and great legs! That's how I like my clams"

This one, not so much

Difflugia
Prodigy

Post #4

Post by Difflugia »

Miles wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:45 pm"Nice smile and great legs! That's how I like my clams"

This one, not so much
I'd like to request that we not objectify other people, even those in stock images. This isn't even a particularly bad or offensive example, but I'll use it to make the point, anyway.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.

Miles
Savant

Post #5

Post by Miles »

Difflugia wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:28 pm
Miles wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:45 pm"Nice smile and great legs! That's how I like my clams"

This one, not so much
I'd like to request that we not objectify other people, even those in stock images. This isn't even a particularly bad or offensive example, but I'll use it to make the point, anyway.
Just waitin' for opportunity were you. Then I guess I'm glad to oblige. :drunk: . . . . . I guess.