Newbie Intel

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Newbie Intel

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

People penned up in the fiery section of Hades may or may not be fully aware of all they've lost. Many are doubtless aware of at least their loss of immortality; but I'm not so sure they know about the bulk of their loss because not even that many Christians are aware of all they've gained by their association with Christ.

We today are living in what's sometimes called the church age; which is an era that began with the day of Pentecost per Acts 2:1-2 wherein Christ has been busy assembling the "my church" he spoke of in Matt 16:18.

The "my church" is very fortunate because it's a joint-heir (a.k.a. heir in common) with God's son in his Father's estate. (Eph 1:11 and Rom 8:16 17)

A joint-heir is different than a regular heir. Regular heirs are apportioned an individual percentage of their benefactor's estate. But joint-heirs inherit, not a percentage, but the entire estate, as community property, i.e. whatever the Father bequeathed His son, He bequeathed everyone associated with His son.

For example: supposing a benefactor's estate totals 60 acres of land, 18 gold bars, plus a hedge fund worth 200,000 US Dollars; and he left it all to six heirs in common. In that situation; the heirs are corporately one beneficiary instead of six; viz: all six inherit all the land, all the gold, and the entire fund as if each one were the only heir.

The extent of the Father's estate is astonishing. It encompasses not only all that is in Heaven, but also whatever pertains to the new cosmos spoken of in Isa 66:17, 2Pet 3:13, and Rev 21:1; and I don't know what else.

John 3:35 . .The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into his hand.

John 16:15 . . All things that the Father has are mine

Heb 2:5 . . It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come

It's a good thing that God's son has been appointed chief executive officer of his Father's estate because I don't think anybody else among men could ever be relied upon to manage it properly.

Point being: disbelievers in today's era who fail to be accepted into the "my church" will end up as deprived paupers in the afterlife, whereas those associated with God's son will be members of a powerful oligarchy-- wealthy and privileged beyond imagination.
_

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Newbie Intel

Post #11

Post by WebersHome »

Diagoras wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:58 amHow do you think a death rate of zero
Not everyone in the first thousand years of the world to come will be immortal. Many will be ordinary people who managed to survive the horrors depicted in the book of Revelation, i.e. the so-called great tribulation, ergo: their children won't be immortal.

No one will be marrying and producing children in the permanent phase of the world to come, i.e. the new earth and the new cosmos.

Diagoras wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:58 amEven if it's only for a thousand years, with the current birth rate of 2.41 children per woman a year, you're going to run out of space quite quickly.
Much of today's earth is inhospitable, arid, and unproductive. Once that's remedied, the earth will be able to support a much greater population than today.

Also, relatively few tribulation survivors will enter the thousand year era. For example; there's predicted an earthquake so severe it will topple the world's cities all at once. Something like 2,829 lost their lives when the World Trade Center was demolished by a terrorist attack in 2001. Well that was only a few acres of New York City. Just imagine the body count when all of Manhattan comes down at once. along with other major cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Mexico City, Paris, Moscow, Beijing, Tokyo, et al. The carnage will be beyond belief.

More will be exterminated by war, starvation, and disease.

And finally; the sheep and goats judgment depicted at Matt 25:31-46 will diminish the population even more.

Diagoras wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:58 amWhen you say 'cosmos', are you referring to the entire universe?
Yes.

Diagoras wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:58 ambut the time scale's likely to be many orders of magnitude longer than your thousand years.
The destruction is slated to be instantaneous, i.e. all at once in a moment of time; and predicted to be very noisy too. I realize that's unscientific; but when you're dealing with the supernatural we sort of have to expect that some things we encounter are going to be contrary to the laws of nature, e.g. Hezekiah's reversed sun dial, Christ's walking on water and Samson's superhuman strength.
_

Diagoras
Guru

Post #12

Post by Diagoras »

WebersHome wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:17 amNo one will be marrying and producing children in the permanent phase of the world to come, i.e. the new earth and the new cosmos.
What will they be doing for the first billion of their immortal years, then?

WebersHome wrote:Much of today's earth is inhospitable, arid, and unproductive. Once that's remedied, the earth will be able to support a much greater population than today.
<bolding mine>

This is the 'new earth', right? Presumably God's creating this one, along with another 'cosmos'. Beats me why he built the first one the way he did, then...

WebersHome wrote:when you're dealing with the supernatural we sort of have to expect that some things we encounter are going to be contrary to the laws of nature
Alternately, when we fantasise about an afterlife and it doesn't make a lick of sense, it's much easier to hand-wave away the implausibility by telling ourselves it's all being done by 'supernatural forces'.

WebersHome
Guru

Post #13

Post by WebersHome »

Diagoras wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:46 pmWhat will they be doing for the first billion of their immortal years, then?
I have a growing concern about the possibility of boredom.

Diagoras wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:46 pmOnce that's remedied This is the 'new earth', right?
God has some large-scale renovation plans in store for the current Earth.

"The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. The glory of Lebanon will be given to it, the splendor of Carmel and Sharon; they will see the glory of The Lord, the excellency of our God." (Isa 35:1-2)

Lebanon's glory of old was timber; especially cedars (1Kng 4:33). Sharon was known for its flowers (Song 2:1) and Carmel for its orchards (Isa 33:9). How God will get timber, flowers, and orchards to flourish in the earth's deserts should be interesting.

"Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert. The burning sand will become a pool, the thirsty ground bubbling springs. In the haunts where jackals once lay, grass and reeds and papyrus will grow." (Isa 35:6-7)
_