The Sound Of Silence

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 10535
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 500 times
Been thanked: 1143 times
Contact:

The Sound Of Silence

Post #1

Post by William »

Image

Q: Can Silence Actually Drive You Crazy?



If anything, sound is more likely to drive one crazy, than silence.

A personality will use their brains to fill the silence with the sound of their inner voice and these sounds can translate to pictures [visions aka hallucinations] on the mind screen.

Q: If silence could make someone crazy, how is it that this does not occur to deaf people?

My A: There is other stimuli [visual] which the personality can focus on.

Observation:

In the video, the Silence Room is also made completely dark.

The only sound made is whatever the persons body produces. Non-sound still heard by the personality as sound, is accomplished through the internal voice of [which is largely of] the personality itself.

Deaf people might experience that inner voice more through the visual aspect of the 'inner voice' re "a picture paints a thousand words" and words being 'sounds'.
Blind people, the other way around.

Just as blind folk can feel objects which in turn gives them "pictures" of the object in their mind, perhaps deaf people can 'hear' through the vibrations that things produce, and create "sounds" in their minds through that process?

We know that sound produces order from chaos.

The Evidence:

Sample One:


Sample Two:



A Theist Claim:

"We exist within a Creation and The Creator used Sound to create and maintain the Universe."

The Evidence:

Sample One:

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." ~ Genesis 1:3

Sample Two:



Conclusion:
FOR DEBATE:

Sound Creates The Universe.

Theism taught this before science proved it to be the truth.

Once again. Nature has surprised us, beyond our wildest imagination.

User avatar
Miles
Prodigy
Posts: 3384
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 264 times
Been thanked: 940 times

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #11

Post by Miles »

tam wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:55 am Peace to you!
Miles wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:55 pm
tam wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:42 pm Peace to you!
[Replying to Miles in post #2]

Assuming you're conclusion that "sound creates the universe" is true, just how, or where, has theism taught this?


And God SAID, "Let there be light."
Of course!! Because that's what the universe is, L I G H T. Not stars, planets, asteroids, comets, black holes, and such, but. l i g h t. :roll:.... And let's not forget that before he spoke light into being he had already created other stuff, like the sky, earth, and water, and with no reason to suppose he could only do so by speaking.

Genesis 1:1-2
"1 God created the sky and the earth. At first, 2 the earth was completely empty. There was nothing on the earth. Darkness covered the ocean, and God’s Spirit moved over the water.
That's a pretty liberal translation.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.



From the rest of the account, you can see that the sky, the seas, the land, didn't come until the second day. So that the 'waters' and the 'earth' and 'the deep' are something else (something spiritual). Even the 'earth' is described as being formless here (which cannot describe the planet).

The light came before all those other things.
Not really.


Genesis 1:1-5
1 In the beginning God made from nothing the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was an empty waste and darkness was over the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was moving over the top of the waters.
3 Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good. He divided the light from the darkness. 5 Then God called the light day, and He called the darkness night. There was evening and there was morning, one day.



.

User avatar
tam
Savant
Posts: 5572
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Has thanked: 245 times
Been thanked: 207 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #12

Post by tam »

[Replying to Miles in post #11]

Hey Miles (peace to you). I already responded to that in the previous post:

From the rest of the account, you can see that the sky, the seas, the land, didn't come until the second day. So that the 'waters' and the 'earth' and 'the deep' are something else (something spiritual). Even the 'earth' is described as being formless here (which cannot describe the planet).


Peace again to you!

User avatar
Miles
Prodigy
Posts: 3384
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 264 times
Been thanked: 940 times

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #13

Post by Miles »

tam wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:25 pm [Replying to Miles in post #11]

Hey Miles (peace to you). I already responded to that in the previous post:

From the rest of the account, you can see that the sky, the seas, the land, didn't come until the second day. So that the 'waters' and the 'earth' and 'the deep' are something else (something spiritual). Even the 'earth' is described as being formless here (which cannot describe the planet).
Then once again the Bible is contradicting itself, isn't it. Image



.

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 10535
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 500 times
Been thanked: 1143 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #14

Post by William »

Miles wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:55 pm
tam wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:42 pm Peace to you!
[Replying to Miles in post #2]

Assuming you're conclusion that "sound creates the universe" is true, just how, or where, has theism taught this?


And God SAID, "Let there be light."
Of course!! Because that's what the universe is, L I G H T. Not stars, planets, asteroids, comets, black holes, and such, but. l i g h t. :roll:.... And let's not forget that before he spoke light into being he had already created other stuff, like the sky, earth, and water, and with no reason to suppose he could only do so by speaking.

Genesis 1:1-2
"1 God created the sky and the earth. At first, 2 the earth was completely empty. There was nothing on the earth. Darkness covered the ocean, and God’s Spirit moved over the water.



In any case, these aren't things theism teaches, but what Judaism and Christianity teach.


.
The 'teaching' thereof, is simply having an opinion as to what the verses actually mean.

There are branches of Judaism which teach more than opinion, such as that God does not actually have a voice-box and the 'sound' God makes to create with, is not produced in that way - the sound is an internal happening, within the Mind of The Creator.

This is further evidenced by the particular meanings associated with the Hebrew Language specifically, as each letter of the Hebrew alphabet has a comprehensive meaning attached to it, which itself is not included in the common interpretations mentioned by you as Judaism and Christianity teach, as the bible first tells it.

There is complex meaning behind each of the words used in Hebrew script. Without that knowledge, one cannot read the OT in the actual way it was written to mean.

User avatar
tam
Savant
Posts: 5572
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Has thanked: 245 times
Been thanked: 207 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #15

Post by tam »

Peace to you all,
[Replying to William in post #14]

There is complex meaning behind each of the words used in Hebrew script. Without that knowledge, one cannot read the OT in the actual way it was written to mean.
I'm not sure who is teaching that, but a person does not need to have that knowledge in order to understand the OT.

The KEY to understanding the scriptures is Christ. I mean, He is the Word of [the LORD] who came to the prophets (Jeremiah 1:2, and many others), so He would know what He and His Father meant.

“These are the words I spoke to you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about Me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms.” 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.


"You diligently search the scriptures because you think that by them you have eternal life. These are the scriptures that testify to me, yet you refuse to come to ME to have life."



Peace again to you all,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 10535
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 500 times
Been thanked: 1143 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #16

Post by William »

[Replying to tam in post #15]
There is complex meaning behind each of the words used in Hebrew script. Without that knowledge, one cannot read the OT in the actual way it was written to mean.
I'm not sure who is teaching that, but a person does not need to have that knowledge in order to understand the OT.
That is not what I am saying. Sure, any person can understand the OT as they read it and interpret what they read for themselves.

I was specifically pointing out facts as they pertain to the Hebrew Language which allows those who read words in the OT in the way they were meant to be understood - in the context of their individual meanings as to which letters are used in relation to that, and the meaning of each letter and how each word corresponds with the word before and after that.

I have more detail on this subject in the thread I created;

Hebrew Mysticism - The Kabbalah

User avatar
tam
Savant
Posts: 5572
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Has thanked: 245 times
Been thanked: 207 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #17

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
William wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:49 pm [Replying to tam in post #15]
There is complex meaning behind each of the words used in Hebrew script. Without that knowledge, one cannot read the OT in the actual way it was written to mean.
I'm not sure who is teaching that, but a person does not need to have that knowledge in order to understand the OT.
That is not what I am saying. Sure, any person can understand the OT as they read it and interpret what they read for themselves.
And that is not what I am saying, lol.

I meant understand in truth. What is truly meant.


Peace again!

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 10535
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 500 times
Been thanked: 1143 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #18

Post by William »

[Replying to tam in post #17]

I was specifically pointing out facts as they pertain to the Hebrew Language which allows those who read words in the OT in the way they were meant to be understood - in the context of their individual meanings as to which letters are used in relation to that, and the meaning of each letter and how each word corresponds with the word before and after that.

I have more detail on this subject in the thread I created;

Hebrew Mysticism - The Kabbalah

User avatar
tam
Savant
Posts: 5572
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Has thanked: 245 times
Been thanked: 207 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #19

Post by tam »

[Replying to William in post #18]

I'm not interested in that link, William, thank you. Why would I turn to something or someone other than Christ to understand the scriptures, when He is the key to understanding them?


And are you sure it is a fact that what you described is the way the scriptures were meant to be read? Or is someone just stating that it is a fact?



Peace again.

User avatar
William
Savant
Posts: 10535
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Te Waipounamu
Has thanked: 500 times
Been thanked: 1143 times
Contact:

Re: The Sound Of Silence

Post #20

Post by William »

tam wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:52 pm [Replying to William in post #18]

I'm not interested in that link, William, thank you. Why would I turn to something or someone other than Christ to understand the scriptures, when He is the key to understanding them?
What makes you claim that the Hebrew Language is 'other than Christ' tam? Do you not refer to your Lord in the Hebrew?

Post Reply