Fitting Bible literalism into history

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Fitting Bible literalism into history

Post #1

Post by Athetotheist »

2348 BCE (Ussher calculation)---A global flood wipes out every human being on earth except Noah and his closest relatives.

2345 BCE (three years after the flood)---Teti becomes pharoah of Egypt, beginning that country's sixth dynasty.

2334 BCE (fourteen years after the flood)---Sargon I conquers southern Mesopotamia and founds the Akkadian Empire.

At this point I think the problem is clear.

Tcg
Savant

Re: Fitting Bible literalism into history

Post #2

Post by Tcg »

Athetotheist wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:42 pm 2348 BCE (Ussher calculation)---A global flood wipes out every human being on earth except Noah and his closest relatives.

2345 BCE (three years after the flood)---Teti becomes pharoah of Egypt, beginning that country's sixth dynasty.

2334 BCE (fourteen years after the flood)---Sargon I conquers southern Mesopotamia and founds the Akkadian Empire.

At this point I think the problem is clear.
This presents a very real problem for Bible literalism. If you were to craft a question for debate related to these dates you could create a similar thread in one of the debate forums, perhaps Christianity and Apologetics, and perhaps find a broader audience for an interesting debate.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom