Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Money is Satan

Post #1

Post by Veridican »

Posting this got me banned from the last Christian group I was in (Christian Chat). I always get banned. I always have. This group of holy Christians called it heresy.
-----
MY POST: Money is Satan

You see it, you know it like no other thing. Money, in all its forms, is Satan. Economics, all of it, is the religion of Satan; it is the theology of Satan.

Money must be brought down. Money must be defeated. The book of Revelation, at its core, is about the fight of Christ against the forces of money.

If you don't believe me, let your mind wander. Go all the way back into the far reaches of human history and consider how much misery money has brought the human race.

I don't know what to do about it. I have no solution to offer you. All I can do is type the final lines of Revelation:

20. He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

21. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

(Rev. 22:20-21 KJV)
All for Christ and only for Christ! :wave:

bjs1
Sage

Re: Money is Satan

Post #2

Post by bjs1 »

[Replying to Veridican in post #1]

Jesus used money, and he instructed his followers to use money (Mark 12:14-17). His disciples used money (John 6:7). Saying that “money is Satan” means that our Lord participated in the religion of Satan, which is certainly false.

Money is the root of all kinds of evil (1 Timothy 6:10), so we must guard our hearts against it. But it is not Satan.

Satan twists good things into evil ones, so that love becomes lust, service becomes greed, and achievement become arrogance. The original good thing is still good, but we must be on guard against the corrupting work of the enemy.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
-Charles Darwin

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Veridican »

[Replying to bjs1 in post #2]

I think that's a very good reply, bjs. Thank you.

Savant

Post #4

Post by 1213 »

bjs1 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:28 am ...
Money is the root of all kinds of evil (1 Timothy 6:10), so we must guard our hearts against it. But it is not Satan.
I think that is a good scripture. It says:

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some have been led astray from the faith in their greed, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
1 Timothy 6:10

It is not money itself, but the love of money. Greed is what leads people to many problems, and many evil things. Money itself is only a means to trade stuff. And that is not a problem, becoming greedy is.

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

Moderator Action

Moved to Random Ramblings. Please review the Rules and Tips on starting a debate topic.

Diagoras
Guru

Post #6

Post by Diagoras »

Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:27 amGo all the way back into the far reaches of human history and consider how much misery money has brought the human race.
Lack of money, more likely.

You can easily prove this by sending me whatever's in your bank account, and comparing our relative misery before and after. Ideally, of course, I'd need plenty of people to send me various amounts of money, in order to get a statistically significant sample size.

Now, you may say I'm being facetious, but it's certainly curious that so many self-professed religious leaders have employed essentially that same pitch in the past, and continue to do so today.

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Veridican »

Diagoras wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:07 pm
Veridican wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:27 amGo all the way back into the far reaches of human history and consider how much misery money has brought the human race.
Lack of money, more likely.

You can easily prove this by sending me whatever's in your bank account, and comparing our relative misery before and after. Ideally, of course, I'd need plenty of people to send me various amounts of money, in order to get a statistically significant sample size.

Now, you may say I'm being facetious, but it's certainly curious that so many self-professed religious leaders have employed essentially that same pitch in the past, and continue to do so today.
No, it's not like that. I have no choice but to deal with money. I live in the physical world. But money and capitalism are satanic, and there's nothing to do about it. Satan is the owner of this world--for now.

I checked out that article about the prosperity preachers. You know, they are the end of Laodicean Church era. They are part of the seven churches in the book of Revelation. The classic Christian Church is dead now. It's lost all meaning and relevance. Believe it or not, and I just discovered this myself, but Veridicanism is predicted in Revelation as well, not as a Church, even though I have started a church, but the doctrine itself. I'm writing a formal paper on it now and will publish it on my website when I'm done. Perhaps I will publish the abstract here. The fact is the tribulation is about to start.

Diagoras
Guru

Post #8

Post by Diagoras »

Veridican wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:57 pmSatan is the owner of this world--for now.
Seems at odds with the whole 'universe as part of God' idea, though...

The classic Christian Church is dead now. It's lost all meaning and relevance.
A bit harsh! Still, not going to argue. I'll accept that claim on the evidence we have.

Believe it or not, and I just discovered this myself, but Veridicanism is predicted in Revelation as well, not as a Church, even though I have started a church, but the doctrine itself. I'm writing a formal paper on it now and will publish it on my website when I'm done. Perhaps I will publish the abstract here.
With a view to invite critique? Hoping there'll be something to debate.

The fact is the tribulation is about to start.
You're a bit late to the party for predicting 'a cause of great trouble or suffering', methinks! ;)

Athetotheist
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by Athetotheist »

I wouldn't say that money is "Satan", but I do believe that capitalism qualifies as a religion.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #10

Post by Purple Knight »

Money is definitely an ill because it sets everyone in direct competition with one another.

Ironically the libertarian argument that a transaction can make all parties better off is true... only as long as there is not money.

Feel free to trade a thousand pieces of corn for one chicken if there is not money and you gain some use out of the chicken and you don't starve because you lost all that corn. Plus the guy with the chickens isn't going to be trying to take more corn than he needs or can trade anyway.

If there is money only one party comes out ahead (the one that made the most money) and everyone else loses, because they now have less money.

And the metagame is, everyone is now trying to bilk you because even if they don't gain something they want, they still win as long as you lose. If you now have less money, they have more by default. Their money is worth more the less of it others have.