Was Satan in the Garden of Eden?

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleClover

Was Satan in the Garden of Eden?

Post #1

Post by PurpleClover »

Hi all! I'm exploring Christianity and am hoping to post a number of questions that have been raised in my mind since I started researching.

It seems the questions I have aren't answered anywhere and so I figured it was time for me to engage more meaningfully with Christian people to try and fill the gaps in my understanding.

First question for discussion.

Was Satan in the Garden of Eden? As the serpent, correct?

And the Bible says God created everything in 6 days - so Eden and Adam and Eve were all the first things to exist in the first 6 days of Creation.

Logic would then suggest the story of the angel getting booted from Heaven and becoming Satan occurs after this time.

So who was the serpent in the Garden? Satan didn't exist yet.

Follow up question (just came to me) - how did Satan not exist yet when the Bible says God created *everything* in 6 days?

PurpleClover

Re: Was Satan in the Garden of Eden?

Post #21

Post by PurpleClover »

[Replying to Tcg in post #20]

Yea strange policy that. General discussions on this topic will almost inherently lead to debate. To separate the two is an action that suggests to me this site doesn't want to explore the truth of Christianity....just continue the dogma.

Tcg
Savant

Re: Was Satan in the Garden of Eden?

Post #22

Post by Tcg »

PurpleClover wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:39 pm [Replying to Tcg in post #20]

Yea strange policy that.
Strange or not, that is the policy.
General discussions on this topic will almost inherently lead to debate.
If this is true, then it is more of a reason to shift your questions to one of our debate subforums.

To separate the two is an action that suggests to me this site doesn't want to explore the truth of Christianity....just continue the dogma.
There is no hidden agenda. The reason is to provide a section for general discussion and another for debate. Rule 6 explains that clearly:

6. Do not debate in the discussion subforums. They are only for general discussion to get to know one other better.

viewtopic.php?p=7#p7

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom