Sad Friday

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Sad Friday

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

Jesus' crucifixion was a plus and a minus. For those of us fearful of an eternity suffering in fire, his crucifixion is a very big plus because by it, we have recourse to a God-given safety net.

Isa 53:5 . . But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6 . . All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and The Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

John 1:29 . . Behold the lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1John 2:1-2 . . If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: and he is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The minus side to this was his mother's grief.

Luke 2:33-35 . . The child's father and mother marveled at what was said about him. Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother; "This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.

Jesus' mom attended his crucifixion. (John 19:25) She saw the crown of thorns on his head; she watched as Roman soldiers drove nails into his hands and feet; and she watched as they cast lots for his garment.

As brutal as all that they had done to her boy, the worst was what God did to Jesus before he passed away.

Isa 52:14 . . Many were shocked when they saw him-- beaten and bloodied; so disfigured one would scarcely know he was a man.

I'm guessing that the bruising, the stripes, and the wounding spoken of by Isa 53:5, that disfigured Jesus beyond recognition per Isa 52:14, was done in private during the three hours of darkness that concealed the cross.

However, though Jesus' mom couldn't see in the dark, she could hear.

Ps 22:1 . . My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? (cf. Matt 27:46)

The Hebrew word for "roaring" is sheagah (sheh-aw-gaw') which means: a rumbling or moan.

In other words: people standing around the cross that day during those three hours of darkness couldn't see anything, but they could sure hear; and what they heard were the dreadful sounds of a man in extreme discomfort as God laid into him for the sins of the whole world.

It's okay to feel pity for Jesus' mom, but let's not make the mistake of feeling sorry for Jesus as if he were the victim of some awful misfortune. It was God's will to crush him; and for a very good purpose. Relative to that purpose I can honestly say: better Jesus on that cross than me in the lake of brimstone depicted at Rev 20:11-15 where folk will have to undergo death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle of molten iron.
_