Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Rose2020
Scholar

Near Death Experiences

Post #1

Post by Rose2020 »

I recommend :
'Real Near Death Experience Stories' by Randy Kay and Shaun Tabbatt. At present only 79p on offer in Kindle.

I especially advise atheists to give this book a go. Whatever you believe, eternity is a long time and we can choose how it will be for us. Please don't dismiss things because they seem improbable or illogical. I believe these stories, especially the first one. I think they are genuine and a great warning of what life after death could be without God's protection.

I would like to welcome discussion and any experience people themselves may have had.

Difflugia
Prodigy

Re: Near Death Experiences

Post #11

Post by Difflugia »

Rose2020 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:19 pmWell, alien abduction, even if it were true, leads nowhere. What future could it spell for the human soul?

Whereas meeting Jesus, seeing heaven and hell, is very different.
Now you're just claiming that your favorite fantasy is more meaningful than someone else's.

You were (apparently) claiming that the transformed lives were themselves evidence that the stories were true. If you can dismiss exactly the same kind of evidence for a different fantasy with nothing more than excuses, how much power do you think your initial argument really has?
Rose2020 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:19 pmI believe many accounts are true and it takes great courage to speak and write about them. For me they ring true in many cases. I really do not believe a dying or clinically dead person is dreaming or hallucinating.
Then why would you believe someone having an abduction experience is dreaming or hallucinating? If the details of the stories were really as compelling as you're presenting them, why are nearly identical details so easily dismissed in a slightly different case? I suggest that your own response is evidence that you're not finding the stories or their details to be be important. Instead, the most important and compelling factor is the commitment to Christianity that you already had.
My pronouns are he, him, and his.