Covid spreading

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

Rose2020
Apprentice

Covid spreading

Post #1

Post by Rose2020 »

Are they happy now, all those who complained so vociferously against restrictions? They have their wish. This is what happens. Everyone I know is sick with it, along with every other virus going round. Here are the fruits of personal freedom.

Seir1997

Re: Covid spreading

Post #2

Post by Seir1997 »

1. Coronavirus (CoV)
The virus that causes Covid-19, dubbed SARS-CoV-2, belongs to the coronaviridae family. Its genome contains positive sense RNA about 30kb long and its genetic material consists of two major open reading frames (ORFs): ORF 1a/b encoding polyproteins pp1a and pp1ab, and ORF 2 encoding protein components of viral replication complexes. These viruses are enveloped, have an icosahedral capsid, and bud from the endoplasmic reticulum into the Golgi apparatus. The spike glycoprotein (S), membrane glycoproteins, and nucleocapsid protein (N) form the three-dimensional structure of the virion.
2. Transmission
Transmission occurs through close contact between infected people and animals, mainly via respiratory droplets produced when an infectious person coughs or sneezes. Airborne transmission can occur if the right conditions exist; however, this has not been proven at this time. Infections may be asymptomatic and spread unknowingly, but they usually produce mild symptoms like fever, coughing, and shortness of breath. Symptoms generally appear from two days to 14 days after exposure, and include flu-like symptoms including dry cough, headache, muscle aches, and malaise. In some cases, severe complications occur causing pneumonia, organ failure, sepsis, acute respiratory distress syndrome, and even death.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: Covid spreading

Post #3

Post by nobspeople »

Rose2020 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:05 am Are they happy now, all those who complained so vociferously against restrictions? They have their wish. This is what happens. Everyone I know is sick with it, along with every other virus going round. Here are the fruits of personal freedom.
I'd estimate most are still very happy. I know people who got it and still denied it was real and or as contagious as they were told. For some of those people, only death will eliminate their 'happiness'.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!