Be a Vampire?

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Squall
Student
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:55 am
Location: Detoit MI

Be a Vampire?

Post #1

Post by Squall »

So one night your walking down the street and a Vampie swoops down picks you up and flys you to a roof top. He/She what ever you prefer says Im gonna kill myself but before I do that I want to make you a vampire. As a vampire you will stay young forever, you will only get stronger and more powerfull with age. Fire, having your head choped off and sunlight are the only things that can kill you. But you must feed on the blood of the living and watch those you love grow old and die, you could also never eat food or have sex ever again. You could of course make all your loved ones vampires but thats a little impractical. If you refuse I will leave you alone and never return. IF you accept I will let you be alive one more day and make you a vampire the next nigt.

would you take this vampire up on his offer or pass it up?

UBERROGO
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:10 pm

Post #31

Post by UBERROGO »

Dilettante wrote:Killing other people cannot be ethical, but the vampire does so to survive. In a sense, it would be "moral" (but probably never ethical) for the vampire to prey on others. If a vampire wanted to be ethical perhaps he or she could prey on animals. But a vampire would always be living on the margins of society. A vampire would have to learn to hide, dodge vampire hunters, avoid the society of men and women... Call me unromantic, but I wouldn't choose to be one of the "undead"... (Background music: "Bela Lugosi's Dead" by Bauhaus).
It is ethical for a vampire to kill humans because the vampire is no longer human. It's like a human eating a chicken - different species.

User avatar
Cathar1950
Site Supporter
Posts: 10501
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:12 pm
Location: Michigan(616)
Been thanked: 1 time

Post #32

Post by Cathar1950 »

UBERROGO wrote:
Dilettante wrote:Killing other people cannot be ethical, but the vampire does so to survive. In a sense, it would be "moral" (but probably never ethical) for the vampire to prey on others. If a vampire wanted to be ethical perhaps he or she could prey on animals. But a vampire would always be living on the margins of society. A vampire would have to learn to hide, dodge vampire hunters, avoid the society of men and women... Call me unromantic, but I wouldn't choose to be one of the "undead"... (Background music: "Bela Lugosi's Dead" by Bauhaus).
It is ethical for a vampire to kill humans because the vampire is no longer human. It's like a human eating a chicken - different species.
I think it would be more like the chicken eating the human.
If I remember my folklore the vampire is a demon in the guise of the previous human host. I guess it depends on which movie you watch or book you read.
But the tales go back to other things like how the body changes during decomposition and sick relatives.

UBERROGO
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:10 pm

Post #33

Post by UBERROGO »

Either way it's not cannibalism which is in essence what the person I quoted was referring to.

I wouldnt choose to be a vampire though. Once the initial joy of freaking out my friends wore off, I would probably end up eating them. Then I think I would get too lonely. The way friends of vampires are portrayed in movies >>> they behave like they are all in a bad gothic rave 24/7 <<< I dont think I would like it.

Ctrl Y
Student
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:22 pm

Re: Be a Vampire?

Post #34

Post by Ctrl Y »

Squall wrote:So one night your walking down the street and a Vampie swoops down picks you up and flys you to a roof top. He/She what ever you prefer says Im gonna kill myself but before I do that I want to make you a vampire. As a vampire you will stay young forever, you will only get stronger and more powerfull with age. Fire, having your head choped off and sunlight are the only things that can kill you. But you must feed on the blood of the living and watch those you love grow old and die, you could also never eat food or have sex ever again. You could of course make all your loved ones vampires but thats a little impractical. If you refuse I will leave you alone and never return. IF you accept I will let you be alive one more day and make you a vampire the next nigt.

would you take this vampire up on his offer or pass it up?
No. I don't have the right to sacrifice others to myself, so I would have to pass up the offer because of the necessity of draining others' blood.

Beto

Post #35

Post by Beto »

Drinking blood doesn't mean you have to kill people, and I guess I could trust medical science to eventually be able to remove the negative aspects of vampirism... so sure, bite away! I could always "off" myself if it got unbearable.

Blood On Your Hands
Student
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:01 am

Post #36

Post by Blood On Your Hands »

I would happily accept.. being a vampire would be far better than any mortal life. I think that drinking blood would be the equivilent of sex. I don't see any ethical problems from drinking humans blood... survival of the fittest

And if I were bitten by a vampire, I'd be positive that they existed. Unlike heaven, hell, or a 'god'

Beto

Post #37

Post by Beto »

Blood On Your Hands wrote:I would happily accept.. being a vampire would be far better than any mortal life. I think that drinking blood would be the equivilent of sex. I don't see any ethical problems from drinking humans blood... survival of the fittest

And if I were bitten by a vampire, I'd be positive that they existed. Unlike heaven, hell, or a 'god'
Unless they were actually afraid of crosses and holy water. :D

Blood On Your Hands
Student
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:01 am

Post #38

Post by Blood On Your Hands »

Beto wrote:
Blood On Your Hands wrote:I would happily accept.. being a vampire would be far better than any mortal life. I think that drinking blood would be the equivilent of sex. I don't see any ethical problems from drinking humans blood... survival of the fittest

And if I were bitten by a vampire, I'd be positive that they existed. Unlike heaven, hell, or a 'god'
Unless they were actually afraid of crosses and holy water. :D
Even then, i would rather be a vampire than a slave of God. be it worshiping him in heaven or being tortured in hell...

Bekki659
Student
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:25 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post #39

Post by Bekki659 »

Oh my.

Well... I would have to decline. It would be interesting to live for a long time, but quite truthfully, I would rather not.

Its actually nice to know that I'll be long dead before our world gets too much worse. I dont want to live in a world as depicted in the majority of futuristic movies.... and I dont think that they're actually that far off.

And if I am correct in my beliefs about the afterlife (phew, but who does know that?) I should be able to watch the whole thing from the clouds of heaven.

Or not. Because even if I'm wrong, Ill be dead. So I wont care!

User avatar
faith
Scholar
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:45 am
Location: United Kingdom.

Re: Be a Vampire?

Post #40

Post by faith »

Squall wrote:So one night your walking down the street and a Vampie swoops down picks you up and flys you to a roof top. He/She what ever you prefer says Im gonna kill myself but before I do that I want to make you a vampire. As a vampire you will stay young forever, you will only get stronger and more powerfull with age. Fire, having your head choped off and sunlight are the only things that can kill you. But you must feed on the blood of the living and watch those you love grow old and die, you could also never eat food or have sex ever again. You could of course make all your loved ones vampires but thats a little impractical. If you refuse I will leave you alone and never return. IF you accept I will let you be alive one more day and make you a vampire the next nigt.

would you take this vampire up on his offer or pass it up?

I am not sure why you ask such a question? The very first thing that made me afraid was a play about vampires. When a child my mother insisted we go to bed but we insisted we would not be afraid. Never even heard of vampires before.
I always remember this hissing noise before he bit his victim.
I would never want to make anyone afraid of something I had feared. I would not like to become something like that without any soul and void of love for others.
There are worse things than death to face and hurting another is something I would not like to do or see fear in their eyes because of something I did.

What can be gained from existing to drink blood and kill? That isn't living that is the worst type of living hell I could think of. I think the light, sunshine on my skin, laughing and sharing my life is a far much more rewarding way to live.
We are human beings and we need warmth and love but we need to be able to give it and share it for it to be of value...

Love Faith.xx :D

Post Reply