Be a Vampire?

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

Squall
Student

Be a Vampire?

Post #1

Post by Squall »

So one night your walking down the street and a Vampie swoops down picks you up and flys you to a roof top. He/She what ever you prefer says Im gonna kill myself but before I do that I want to make you a vampire. As a vampire you will stay young forever, you will only get stronger and more powerfull with age. Fire, having your head choped off and sunlight are the only things that can kill you. But you must feed on the blood of the living and watch those you love grow old and die, you could also never eat food or have sex ever again. You could of course make all your loved ones vampires but thats a little impractical. If you refuse I will leave you alone and never return. IF you accept I will let you be alive one more day and make you a vampire the next nigt.

would you take this vampire up on his offer or pass it up?

Antagonist
Student

Post #41

Post by Antagonist »

I don't know... 'Eternal youth' surely seems good, but I think it's also reassuring that at some point I will die. well maybe if you stay young forever life will be worth living even more.

saitohaj
Student

Post #42

Post by saitohaj »

I would want to be educated on what it take to be a vampire. Also would I enjoy the same pleasures I do as a human. That would be my biggest concern.

Evales
Scholar

Post #43

Post by Evales »

If I was allowed to eat and have sex I very well might! Like a few have mentioned before I would like to see how the world grows and ages. And if and when I want to die I need only step into the light :D

But to be sure I would ask and recruit a few of my very close friends so that I'm not lonely. And if sunlight kills you who says you can't dress up and go clubbing at night?!

About the drinking peoples blood thing. I remember a movie, can't remember what where the vampire family drinks cow blood instead because they don't want to hurt people. If this is not an option you could always become a angel of death. Quick and painless death in their sleep for those who are suffering. ;)

ChaosBorders
Site Supporter

Re: Be a Vampire?

Post #44

Post by ChaosBorders »

Squall wrote:So one night your walking down the street and a Vampie swoops down picks you up and flys you to a roof top. He/She what ever you prefer says Im gonna kill myself but before I do that I want to make you a vampire. As a vampire you will stay young forever, you will only get stronger and more powerfull with age. Fire, having your head choped off and sunlight are the only things that can kill you. But you must feed on the blood of the living and watch those you love grow old and die, you could also never eat food or have sex ever again. You could of course make all your loved ones vampires but thats a little impractical. If you refuse I will leave you alone and never return. IF you accept I will let you be alive one more day and make you a vampire the next nigt.

No sex? That would be a no then. I don't really see a point in immortality if I couldn't find someone to marry and spend it with them. Given sex is a very important part of marriage, just doesn't seem like a very fun kind of immortality.

Food I could give up though. If animal blood was an option, then having to drink blood wouldn't be a problem either. If it wasn't, I could probably still get some surplus from blood banks or something. Or people already right about to die in hospitals or what not. If I absolutely had to kill someone for blood there's plenty of criminals to choose from. Who knows, maybe could even become a vampire hero of sorts. Go hunt down would be rapists and muggers before they hurt someone.

Sun I could give up easily. And probably could make UV proof suit of some sort so that I wouldn't have to give it up completely.

So if the sex thing just meant 'sex with humans' and there was still the possibility of getting hitched with a nice vampire girl someday, then I would totally accept the offer.
Unless indicated otherwise what I say is opinion. (Kudos to Zzyzx for this signature).

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.� -Albert Einstein

The most dangerous ideas in a society are not the ones being argued, but the ones that are assumed.
- C.S. Lewis

Slopeshoulder
Banned
Banned

Post #45

Post by Slopeshoulder »

I would not elect to prey on others in order to live.
Not in life, not in half-life. Period.

Filthy Tugboat
Guru

Post #46

Post by Filthy Tugboat »

Squall wrote:So one night your walking down the street and a Vampie swoops down picks you up and flys you to a roof top. He/She what ever you prefer says Im gonna kill myself but before I do that I want to make you a vampire. As a vampire you will stay young forever, you will only get stronger and more powerfull with age. Fire, having your head choped off and sunlight are the only things that can kill you. But you must feed on the blood of the living and watch those you love grow old and die, you could also never eat food or have sex ever again. You could of course make all your loved ones vampires but thats a little impractical. If you refuse I will leave you alone and never return. IF you accept I will let you be alive one more day and make you a vampire the next nigt.

Change the rules a bit and hell yeh. Following the theme of most responses, sex is a must. You didn't actually give any reason as to why sex is no longer possible? I can understand procreation being impossible but i would still have the mechanics required for sex.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #47

Post by Cathar1950 »

Antagonist wrote:I don't know... 'Eternal youth' surely seems good, but I think it's also reassuring that at some point I will die. well maybe if you stay young forever life will be worth living even more.
What if you are already old?
How about the raw deal the one girl vampire on True Blood where she became a vampire as a virgin and now every time she has sex it is the same old first time and bothersome.

Filthy Tugboat
Guru

Post #48

Post by Filthy Tugboat »

Cathar1950 wrote:
Antagonist wrote:I don't know... 'Eternal youth' surely seems good, but I think it's also reassuring that at some point I will die. well maybe if you stay young forever life will be worth living even more.
How about the raw deal the one girl vampire on True Blood where she became a vampire as a virgin and now every time she has sex it is the same old first time and bothersome.
They did say you have a day to get everything in order before you're turned.

Regarding who you quoted, Being a vampire still permits you to die, just not of old ae or disease. BONUS!

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #49

Post by Cathar1950 »

Filthy Tugboat wrote:
Cathar1950 wrote:
They did say you have a day to get everything in order before you're turned.

Regarding who you quoted, Being a vampire still permits you to die, just not of old ae or disease. BONUS!
It is a little late to entice me so I figure I will just go the way of all flesh and see what happens. Who knows?
It seems once you buy into the goodness of God and the possibility of some aspect of existence being remembered then you pretty much end up leaving it up to God anyway. I tend to see the good in sympathy, mercy and hope here and I figure maybe it will be good in the next life. But given what we can really count on knowing it will be a surprize to everyone especially those that think they know when in fact we can't until it happens, or not, which really wouldn't matter to us.

Maybe someone will figure out time travel and go back and get everyone at the end of their life when their in their prime.
It reminds me of an outer limits where they traveled to other stars and they sent the information and recreated them at the destination and then killed the original.
You still die.
And even if God brings you back you would still have died and it wold be a copy.
I digress, it is to late to be tempting. Besides I would have to turn everyone I loved as the worse thing in the world is to outlive your kids.

Serpent Oracle
Scholar

Post #50

Post by Serpent Oracle »

Squall wrote:So one night your walking down the street and a Vampie swoops down picks you up and flys you to a roof top............IF you accept I will let you be alive one more day and make you a vampire the next nigt.

Big time pass.

No thanks...being a Vampire would literally be a living death.
If the Sun hates you so much that you crumble to dust in his gaze then you have in all likelihood made a great karmic error. 8-)