Be a Vampire?

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

Squall
Student

Be a Vampire?

Post #1

Post by Squall »

So one night your walking down the street and a Vampie swoops down picks you up and flys you to a roof top. He/She what ever you prefer says Im gonna kill myself but before I do that I want to make you a vampire. As a vampire you will stay young forever, you will only get stronger and more powerfull with age. Fire, having your head choped off and sunlight are the only things that can kill you. But you must feed on the blood of the living and watch those you love grow old and die, you could also never eat food or have sex ever again. You could of course make all your loved ones vampires but thats a little impractical. If you refuse I will leave you alone and never return. IF you accept I will let you be alive one more day and make you a vampire the next nigt.

would you take this vampire up on his offer or pass it up?

Arya
Student

I realize that this post is late...

Post #21

Post by Arya »

I realize that this is probably a dead (pardon the pun!) thread considering the time since the last post. But this topic came up very recently between my boyfriend and I and I would like to share my thoughts as well.

We discussed a similar scene as described in the original post. He feels that the power gained by becoming immortal, coupled with the fact that he would become immortal, was enough of a temptation to "turn". He would definitely accept the vampires' invitation.

Myself, I would not. The temptations of being able to fly, combined with the other powers that would be gained would pale in comparison to watching my loved ones die, and after a period of time, I would eventually end up alone. Yes, I could have the company of other vampires, or the company of those I "turn". But I feel that would not be the same.

I would lose the ties to humanity, and my place here on Earth, when all of my relatives die. There would be their descendents, of course, but my connection with them would probably be very weak considering the differences in lifestyles, and I would imagine that over time, I would probably lose touch with them altogether.

I learned of this through my grandmother, who at 101 was my longest living relative. She grew and watched all her closest loved ones, friends, and neighbors, from her generation grow old and die. Although she had us, there was a widening gap between the generations, and towards her final years she felt very isolated and lonely. I just wouldn't want to exist through all eternity like that... :|

Bugmaster
Site Supporter

Re: Be a Vampire?

Post #22

Post by Bugmaster »

It depends on whether I would have to kill in order to survive. If my bloodsucking didn't have to be fatal (you know, just suck out 3 blood points per person, heh heh), then by all means, Embrace me. There's no limit to what I could learn or experience during an infinite lifetime (assuming that the Garou don't finish me off with that pesky agged damage).

questioner4
Student

Post #23

Post by questioner4 »

I suppose I would accept. As for the blood drinking, I would probably limit my diet to animals and blood banks. Also, I might find myself a third-shift job, and pay people to let me sip on a pint or two of their blood.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #24

Post by Cathar1950 »

ST88 wrote:
Essentially, you are asking me if I would like to become a sociopath in exchange for being such for all eternity. If true, in the exchange I believe I would lose the ability to appreciate my eternal life for what it was. I don't think I would care that much about the sweep of history if I were given this new set of morals.
I would say your right it would be a sociopath. There have been people who have killed in the name of God for Less if you include some bible stories even more.
I would say no.
My reasons being I don't like blood. I hate seeing people get cut and bleed I get sympathy pains. Some one would come along and run a stake thru me and it would probably be an accident. I would for get to get home before dark because I was taking a nap or talking to some one or playing a game and it wouldn't be long before I didn't make it home before dawn.
I have enough trouble with this life I don't need more rules.
I would probably be allergic to blood. I am to dogs, cats, dust, trees, grass, feathers and mold, You know blood would be on the list I just know it.

palmera
Scholar

Post #25

Post by palmera »

Having read most of Rice's Vampire Chronicles and being completely taken in by her romanticized view of the vampire life, I would absolutely accept.

The "life" she describes is not one of a sociopath (hence the romantic quality :D ) but rather of possibility to continuously "become" for all time, to learn to explore, and most importantly to love.

Upon first encountering Rice I was turned off by the notion of vampires, but she describes them in such a way so as to, well, make them human (again?).

Besides, the mutual sharing of blood, Rice argues, is better than sex... hmmm.
Men at ease have contempt for misfortune
as the fate of those whose feet are slipping.

topaz
Apprentice

Post #26

Post by topaz »

Hello people.

Do you know that every word you say may be used against you for the benefit of satan. This guy is inviting your responses on drinking ….. blood. He’s trapping innocent souls for the evil one.

Why live eternally as a vampire when you can do this in Christ and be joyful forever. No drinking of blood … yikes.

methylatedghosts
Sage

Post #27

Post by methylatedghosts »

If this happened to me, I probably forgot to take my meds :p

I was thinking, that if you didn't want to kill people to drink their blood, maybe you would find a person who didn't care you were a vampire, but were willing to donate blood to you. Once a week donation can't damage a person too much, they'd just have to eat alot of iron-rich foods. Then once that person dies, you go find a new one.

Also, I'd go for it. Why not? could be fun.
Ye are Gods

methylatedghosts
Sage

Post #28

Post by methylatedghosts »

If you want to become a "vampire" :D also there a guilds you can join - others ask you to join their guilds. Can be fun if you're very bored.
Ye are Gods

Confused
Site Supporter

Post #29

Post by Confused »

Squall wrote:So one night your walking down the street and a Vampie swoops down picks you up and flys you to a roof top. He/She what ever you prefer says Im gonna kill myself but before I do that I want to make you a vampire. As a vampire you will stay young forever, you will only get stronger and more powerfull with age. Fire, having your head choped off and sunlight are the only things that can kill you. But you must feed on the blood of the living and watch those you love grow old and die, you could also never eat food or have sex ever again. You could of course make all your loved ones vampires but thats a little impractical. If you refuse I will leave you alone and never return. IF you accept I will let you be alive one more day and make you a vampire the next nigt.

would you take this vampire up on his offer or pass it up?
While I would love to live forever, if I couldn't have sex, then I would have to remain a mere mortal. Sex is more important to me than anything in this world except my children.
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein

Galphanore
Site Supporter

Post #30

Post by Galphanore »

Bugmaster wrote:It depends on whether I would have to kill in order to survive. If my bloodsucking didn't have to be fatal (you know, just suck out 3 blood points per person, heh heh), then by all means, Embrace me. There's no limit to what I could learn or experience during an infinite lifetime (assuming that the Garou don't finish me off with that pesky agged damage).
I'm inclined to agree with Bugmaster here. Essentially it depends upon which type of vampire you're talking about. The White Wolf vampires? Sure. Ann Rice? Probibly. Bram Stoker? Probibly not.
  • You are free to do what you want, but you are not free to want what you want.