Dissapearance

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

Niclol2011

Dissapearance

Post #1

Post by Niclol2011 »

What I wonder is how people in this forum would react if religion was banned? How would it be if your faith was to be vanished?

I wonder because religion has some much influence on so many people so I wonder how people with faith would feel without their belief.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Dissapearance

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

I wonder about the passive voice in the OP. In my understanding, religion and religions do not just get banned. Someone, some authority has to do the banning.

So, I would ask, "How would you react if a government authority tried to prohibit your religion? "

History seems to show that official persecution of religious beliefs does not generally result in the faith vanishing.

Personally, I would think that if their religious practices were prohibited, they would cling even more to the beliefs, perhaps not questioning or criticizing them as they might under normal circumstances. Some religions seem to need persecution .
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

sarabellum

Hi...

Post #3

Post by sarabellum »

I think I would be disappointed...

I have known many people...
Loved some....

Faith was not the criteria that determined my love...

Maybe we all have faith to some extent..

PERSONALLY...
I'd hate to see a christians belief system collapse or be infringed on...

Thats something they should do (or cause to happen) on there own...
Not by force...

Atheist deserve freedoms...
As do christians...

Banning "thought" is impossible....

Sorta like chocolate and vanilla...
We don't make people choose...
They choose by themselves....

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #4

Post by Adstar »

Niclol2011 wrote:What I wonder is how people in this forum would react if religion was banned? How would it be if your faith was to be vanished?

I wonder because religion has some much influence on so many people so I wonder how people with faith would feel without their belief.
The only way to effectively ban faith, is to kill everyone of faith and to destroy all traces of the teachings of faiths.

While i expect great persecution to happen soon upon people of faith, i believe it will be done by people who will believe they are doing Gods Work. So i believe faith will never cease to exist. It is just way to powerful to remove.

So while some may attempt to remove faith, I believe they will never and can never succeed.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Niclol2011

Post #5

Post by Niclol2011 »

Adstar wrote:

The only way to effectively ban faith, is to kill everyone of faith and to destroy all traces of the teachings of faiths.

While i expect great persecution to happen soon upon people of faith, i believe it will be done by people who will believe they are doing Gods Work. So i believe faith will never cease to exist. It is just way to powerful to remove.

So while some may attempt to remove faith, I believe they will never and can never succeed.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Well yeah, that is obvious that is the most "effective" is to kill everyone. But with the government these days you could never know what they would ban or not.

I do not believe that religion will cease to exit either, too many people pertains religious groups. It would be impossible to eliminate religion.
And you are right again, people will never succeed removing faith. However, I believe that some peoples faith can change or just "go away", but I don't think that they had such a strong belief in their religion then.

stlekee
Student

Post #6

Post by stlekee »

My belief and faith are not determined by any religion. Religions are man made systems that try to put God in a little box that we can carry around in our back pocket. My God doesn't fit, he's bigger than the universe.

My faith is not effected by outlawing religion in the same way my thinking can't be controlled by any out outside force.

nygreenguy
Guru

Post #7

Post by nygreenguy »

Im no fan of religion and I do wish it would fade away.

However, I think banning it would be a horrible, horrible thing to do. I think any government which would ban religion would be far worse than any religion. Its not the type of society I would ever want to live in.