Opening people's eyes

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

Mojo321
Student
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:35 am

Opening people's eyes

Post #1

Post by Mojo321 »

Recently it has come to my attention that printed items that are mass produced all have the same hidden word, sometimes repeated many times. The word is SEX.

Now I am a sane person, a catholic, well educated. At first, I had to prove to myself that I wasn't delusional. After I was conclusive, I decided to show a few people. The level of this SEX graffiti on virtually every printed media is astounding. And what I've found is, it is quite disturbing to people that I show it to.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that this sort of imagery actually DOES anything to a persons subconscious . All I am saying is that it is there, it is provable, and so now what?

Is ignorance bliss?
Is SEX one of the "marks" of the beast ?
If it does nothing, then why fight it?
Why traumatize your friends And family over something that is so deeply ingrained in our production that it will be nearly impossible to defeat? And all for something that doesn't even do anything? (so why are they doing it?)

At first I was amused. Then, as I found more examples I became angry. It appeared as though advertisers were using SEX to sell everything from cereal to Prilosec OTC.

But then came the biggest shocker of all. It isn't only on Labels and advertising. It is in the wood grain pattern of my Formica countertops. In the swirled tile pattern in my bathroom. Now, I know you are starting to call me crazy. But like I said, I can prove it using the camera on my cell phone. I've shown my proof to a few people and now we are starting to go insane !

So the purpose of this post is to ask the question, is it better to be oblivious to this, or better to be outraged and start noticing it everywhere you go?

In terms of the movie The Matrix, do people want the blue pill or the red pill? This is real, folks.

Mojo321
Student
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:35 am

Post #11

Post by Mojo321 »

Here is my first try with photobucket. This is a Formica man made wood grain pattern. This image is not edited with any contrast effects or anything. I want to see if anyone can see it before I upload one that I adjusted the contrast. If you want to make it pop, put it on your phone and use the two finger pinch move to zoom in and out. Something about the resampling in real time helps it filter the noise out for your eyes to see th SEX.


Image

User avatar
Autodidact
Prodigy
Posts: 3014
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Post #12

Post by Autodidact »

Don't see a thing but some wood grain.

User avatar
Goat
Site Supporter
Posts: 24863
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:09 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 127 times

Post #13

Post by Goat »

Mojo321 wrote:Here is my first try with photobucket. This is a Formica man made wood grain pattern. This image is not edited with any contrast effects or anything. I want to see if anyone can see it before I upload one that I adjusted the contrast. If you want to make it pop, put it on your phone and use the two finger pinch move to zoom in and out. Something about the resampling in real time helps it filter the noise out for your eyes to see th SEX.


Image

I see a cartoon style boys face. I don't see 'SEX' at all. If I am in a slightly different mind set, I can make out the word "PEZ"
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Mojo321
Student
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:35 am

Post #14

Post by Mojo321 »

i just loaded this up on my PC and I have to admit it is very difficult to see. But on my iphone it pops so easily, especially using the zoom in and out trick I mentioned in past post.

This is basically a binary color scheme, black and white.

You do have to keep in mind that it will never be perfect, because the subliminal must be deniable, in case it is ever discovered. But the trick in this example was to use white for the S and E and then switch to white negative space to outline a black X. Although the bottom left stick of the X switches back to white. So zoom way out, so that the whole photo is only 2 to 3 inches wide on your screen, then focus on the white dot in the very center of the photo. That dot is in the upper half of the capital E. Just focus on that and let the S and negative X take shape in your eyes. There are some secondary SEX letters above the main one I am pointing out, that might throw you off. But the main one is the bottom one.

By the way, if you can see PEZ, you are almost there, Notice the top of your Z has an upside down triangle pushing that flat top down into the top form of the X

User avatar
TheBlackPhilosophy
Apprentice
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:20 am

Post #15

Post by TheBlackPhilosophy »

Mojo321 wrote:i just loaded this up on my PC and I have to admit it is very difficult to see. But on my iphone it pops so easily, especially using the zoom in and out trick I mentioned in past post.

This is basically a binary color scheme, black and white.

You do have to keep in mind that it will never be perfect, because the subliminal must be deniable, in case it is ever discovered. But the trick in this example was to use white for the S and E and then switch to white negative space to outline a black X. Although the bottom left stick of the X switches back to white. So zoom way out, so that the whole photo is only 2 to 3 inches wide on your screen, then focus on the white dot in the very center of the photo. That dot is in the upper half of the capital E. Just focus on that and let the S and negative X take shape in your eyes. There are some secondary SEX letters above the main one I am pointing out, that might throw you off. But the main one is the bottom one.

By the way, if you can see PEZ, you are almost there, Notice the top of your Z has an upside down triangle pushing that flat top down into the top form of the X
Subliminal messages DO NOT WORK!!! There have been studies showing that subliminal messages are utterly useless to cause any affect on groups of people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subliminal_stimuli

I think you might be seeing only what you wish to see...
Image

Mojo321
Student
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:35 am

Post #16

Post by Mojo321 »

I would totally agree that they don't work. But that isn't really the point. The question is, IF I could prove that certain patterns were purposeful and specific, not just random projections of my own mind, would you want to know?

See, to me, it doesn't matter at all if they are effective. What matters is if it is real or just a figment of my imagination. And my question is, what amOunt of evidence would you need, and how mad would you be at the messenger if your eyes were opened to a virtual FLOOD of this epidemic? Humor me, and just imagine that I have the evidence. Do you really want to see it?

User avatar
Baz
Site Supporter
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:01 pm
Location: Bristol UK

Post #17

Post by Baz »

Mojo321 wrote:i just loaded this up on my PC and I have to admit it is very difficult to see. But on my iphone it pops so easily, especially using the zoom in and out trick I mentioned in past post.

This is basically a binary color scheme, black and white.

You do have to keep in mind that it will never be perfect, because the subliminal must be deniable, in case it is ever discovered. But the trick in this example was to use white for the S and E and then switch to white negative space to outline a black X. Although the bottom left stick of the X switches back to white. So zoom way out, so that the whole photo is only 2 to 3 inches wide on your screen, then focus on the white dot in the very center of the photo. That dot is in the upper half of the capital E. Just focus on that and let the S and negative X take shape in your eyes. There are some secondary SEX letters above the main one I am pointing out, that might throw you off. But the main one is the bottom one.

By the way, if you can see PEZ, you are almost there, Notice the top of your Z has an upside down triangle pushing that flat top down into the top form of the X
Ok .....
I managed to see the word SEX following your very good explanation.
But at this point I still have to say so what!
I was also able to see a big frog face and a very small man with a lot less trouble.
You can regularly see animals and people in clouds and trees its part of human nature.
The Virgin Mary in toast, nudes in rocks and all that sort of stuff is normal to see for many people but I don’t think it’s at all normal to attach any meaning to them.
I would suppose most people would be able to find stuff like this in all sorts of things, but why would you look?
:-k
\"Give me a good question over a good answer anyday.\"

Mojo321
Student
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:35 am

Post #18

Post by Mojo321 »

Ok, great. Now that you can see it, I will work towards answering your question of 'Why look for it?'.

But first, I want to tell a story. Two people walk into the mall in 1989 and see a vendor set up selling strange computer generated pictures. They look like squiggles. People are gathered around them, trying to see the 3d dinosaurs. "I see them!" says one person. "I don't see anything. It must be tricking your brain into seeing what you want to see.".

"no, really", says the first person,"it is real, and I can see it!"

"well I don't see anything. It is all in your head."

Now, the moral of my story is, can an intelligent person tell the difference between "shapes that sort of look like dinosaurs, but really could just as easily be a teddy bear, or Santa Claus" OR "no, seriously, it is a dinosaur. You just aren't looking at it right."

So, my question now that you've seen it, is, was it placed purposely, or just a coincidence of the grain pattern? My contention is that it is just too perfect, especially once you learn hOw to "see" it.

And finally, to answer your question, the "why would I look for it"? Well I guess that all depends on weather it was purposefully drawn or not.

User avatar
TheBlackPhilosophy
Apprentice
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:20 am

Post #19

Post by TheBlackPhilosophy »

Mojo321 wrote:You do have to keep in mind that it will never be perfect, because the subliminal must be deniable, in case it is ever discovered.
Mojo321 wrote:So, my question now that you've seen it, is, was it placed purposely, or just a coincidence of the grain pattern? My contention is that it is just too perfect, especially once you learn hOw to "see" it.
Really, because I see a bigger problem in your argument than you see, or maybe it's just my subjective sight? :confused2:
Image

Mojo321
Student
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:35 am

Post #20

Post by Mojo321 »

Thats a good point. I'll clarify what I said, because I know I contradicted myself. The capital S has a small break on it from the top half to the bottom half, and the X switches colors on part of it. So it isn't perfect. But the shape of the letters is actually quite perfect. Its not like "see how that kind of looks like an S". No, it's an S alright. That's how the whole word is in my eyes. Like I asked in my last post, do you think it is only subjective? Or do you see it, and are convinced it is a real implant?

It sounds like your vote is "subjective". Which is fine. I'm hoping to get a number of serious people here to look as I have explained and then chimenon their vote.

Post Reply