Opening people's eyes

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

Mojo321
Student

Opening people's eyes

Post #1

Post by Mojo321 »

Recently it has come to my attention that printed items that are mass produced all have the same hidden word, sometimes repeated many times. The word is SEX.

Now I am a sane person, a catholic, well educated. At first, I had to prove to myself that I wasn't delusional. After I was conclusive, I decided to show a few people. The level of this SEX graffiti on virtually every printed media is astounding. And what I've found is, it is quite disturbing to people that I show it to.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that this sort of imagery actually DOES anything to a persons subconscious . All I am saying is that it is there, it is provable, and so now what?

Is ignorance bliss?
Is SEX one of the "marks" of the beast ?
If it does nothing, then why fight it?
Why traumatize your friends And family over something that is so deeply ingrained in our production that it will be nearly impossible to defeat? And all for something that doesn't even do anything? (so why are they doing it?)

At first I was amused. Then, as I found more examples I became angry. It appeared as though advertisers were using SEX to sell everything from cereal to Prilosec OTC.

But then came the biggest shocker of all. It isn't only on Labels and advertising. It is in the wood grain pattern of my Formica countertops. In the swirled tile pattern in my bathroom. Now, I know you are starting to call me crazy. But like I said, I can prove it using the camera on my cell phone. I've shown my proof to a few people and now we are starting to go insane !

So the purpose of this post is to ask the question, is it better to be oblivious to this, or better to be outraged and start noticing it everywhere you go?

In terms of the movie The Matrix, do people want the blue pill or the red pill? This is real, folks.

Autodidact
Prodigy

Post #31

Post by Autodidact »

mojo: I am not saying this to insult you, but to help you. Really. I suggest that you have your mental health evaluated. I believe what is happening to you may be a symptom.

otseng
Savant

Post #32

Post by otseng »

Autodidact wrote:mojo: I am not saying this to insult you, but to help you. Really. I suggest that you have your mental health evaluated. I believe what is happening to you may be a symptom.
Moderator Comment

Umm, your intentions might be noble, but this would be considered a personal attack. Please avoid making comments that someone else needs to have their mental health evaluated.

Mojo321, as TheBlackPhilosophy mentioned, you need to present evidence to back up claims that you make. And I would add that subjective interpretations of pictures is not really evidence.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster.

Mojo321
Student

Post #33

Post by Mojo321 »

Yes of course. Please remember that my first post was not really intended to go down this road of proving it. I really am stuck in an ethical delimma. You see, I know for a fact that it is there, and it isn't a matter of my mental health. So the comment doesn't bother me so much, because I know it is coming from someone that refuses to "look for the dinosaurs", so to speak. However, Baz confirmed my first example. And although it shows only one occurance within the grain pattern on my desk, there are at least 5 unique designs of SEX on that one surface.

I will provide more evidence. But in the meantime, if anyone has the pottery barn kids catalog, with the big white polar bear and little girl on the cover, please take the time to stare at the kids heads within the catalog. Just relax your eyes. Look for rigid shadow lines that don't belong. You'll see. I'll. E back with more proof.

Also, please don't forget the purpose of my OP. do people want to know? I can tell you, this really is more of a curse, to be able to spot it. I want them to stop. Where is the public outrage? Why do we tolerate it? Am I really the first person to notice this?

TheBlackPhilosophy
Apprentice

Post #34

Post by TheBlackPhilosophy »

Mojo321 wrote:Yes of course. Please remember that my first post was not really intended to go down this road of proving it. I really am stuck in an ethical delimma. You see, I know for a fact that it is there, and it isn't a matter of my mental health. So the comment doesn't bother me so much, because I know it is coming from someone that refuses to "look for the dinosaurs", so to speak. However, Baz confirmed my first example. And although it shows only one occurance within the grain pattern on my desk, there are at least 5 unique designs of SEX on that one surface.

I will provide more evidence. But in the meantime, if anyone has the pottery barn kids catalog, with the big white polar bear and little girl on the cover, please take the time to stare at the kids heads within the catalog. Just relax your eyes. Look for rigid shadow lines that don't belong. You'll see. I'll. E back with more proof.

Also, please don't forget the purpose of my OP. do people want to know? I can tell you, this really is more of a curse, to be able to spot it. I want them to stop. Where is the public outrage? Why do we tolerate it? Am I really the first person to notice this?
Please stop insisting on a conspiracy that lacks both logic and evidence.

If you can at least provide a reason for why the word "SEX" is in these pictures, I would be willing to debate such a reason. If you continue to insist that your evidence is valid, I will ignore you completely. I do not wish to do this, as this is a debate forum, and I am willing to debate to the ends of the earth. But without any reliable/objective/testable evidence (or a logical reason for such a word being ingrained in such images), I have no reason to debate your claims any further.

It's not a matter of me wanting to know, I am open to all ideas, I am by nature a philosopher/sage. I am simply asking that you follow the proper methods of philosophy (logic/reason) and science (empirical evidence).

Thank you...

Mojo321
Student

Post #35

Post by Mojo321 »

Believe me, I would LOVE to start discussing the Why. But it is painfully obvious to me that it would be pointless without first convincing you that it is real. But while I work on my pictorials to submit, I will say that I believe the advertisers have all fallen into line with this idea that subliminal SEX could possibly sway a buyer to the product. They aren't trying to sexualize the product. They are trying to spark that dopamine pump in your brain and then you associate it with the product. But the truth is it doesn't work. But that doesn't stop them from writing SEX on everything...you know, just in case it does work. But another problem is, if EVERY product has it, then none of the products are "special" so what is the point?

Which brings me to my conclusion, which I will explain AFTER I provide you the proof that it is real. I'm working on a compilation for you to review.

Mojo321
Student

Post #36

Post by Mojo321 »

Here is a picture of a catalog followed by a closeup of one example. No editing has been done on this. It is straight from my camera. Again, this unedited version is to give you an opportunity to see the paintshop variation that is used, so you can do your own investigation and come to your own conclusions. More to come...

I don't consider this proof, but I really want someone to start looking for themselves. It appears as though the editor used paintshop to "pick" a color from the skim tone for a good match. (the tool is called Color Picker).

They then use that color to write the S.
Then they repeat the whole procedure for the E and then for the X. Many times, in my experience, the X is a different color, like they will use the lighter skin tones for the SE and then in the shadow area, they will use the darker shadow color for the X. This example has SEX written multiple times. But the key to proving that this is real is to use certain rules. The letter must be the same handwritten font style. They must be equidistant , meaning it would be a stretch to get an S from one area and an X from some unrelated area. Your eyes will say "no, it isn't there", because of color variation from letter to letter. But if you can find an S, followed by an E (regardless of color change), followed by an equidistant, same font X, well then, you've got SEX. It isn't random blobs.

Mojo321
Student

Post #37

Post by Mojo321 »

I'm now figuring out that it isn't the color picker tool. That would be too obvious. It is the transparency tool. They set it to something like 94% transparent, and write the words on a new layer. That is why it blends so well with the picture! The grains within the letters are preserved that way! Diabolical!

Mojo321
Student

Post #38

Post by Mojo321 »

Silence. Well, like I said, my delimma is to post a big old' exposé' or not. Is there some responsibility that I must take for opening people's eyes to it?

From Men In Black "man, we don't have time for this secretive bullsh@#, theyre going to blow up the earth"....."Yes, but the only way these people can go on with Thier happy little lives is, they DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT."

I feel like God has revealed this to me. Is it wrong of me to try and reveal it to others?

There is still a chance for this to die a slow death in this corner of an obscure Internet forum. I think I will not post anymore pictures while I pray for some guidance.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #39

Post by Goat »

Mojo321 wrote:Silence. Well, like I said, my delimma is to post a big old' exposé' or not. Is there some responsibility that I must take for opening people's eyes to it?

From Men In Black "man, we don't have time for this secretive bullsh@#, theyre going to blow up the earth"....."Yes, but the only way these people can go on with Thier happy little lives is, they DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT."

I feel like God has revealed this to me. Is it wrong of me to try and reveal it to others?

There is still a chance for this to die a slow death in this corner of an obscure Internet forum. I think I will not post anymore pictures while I pray for some guidance.

I looked, and after due consideration, I don't see it, I don't see it at all.

And, honestly, things like SEX jump out at me.. when it's there.

I
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Mojo321
Student

Post #40

Post by Mojo321 »

Ok. Fair enough . Anyone else? Try loading this page up on your cell phone. The micro pixels do an excellent job of revealing it when you pinch zoom and pan around.
You really can't miss em. There are at least 8 occurances. Some are small, some overlap others. There are some dark ones in the hair area.
Last edited by Mojo321 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.