Sell your soul?

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

RobertUrbanek
Apprentice

Sell your soul?

Post #1

Post by RobertUrbanek »

Would you sell your soul if someone offered to buy it? If so, what would be your minimum asking price?

Presumably, the transaction would require some kind of documentation, perhaps a notarized transfer of title. A few years ago, a young woman offered to sell her soul on eBay but I don’t recall if there were any takers.

RobertUrbanek
Apprentice

Post #11

Post by RobertUrbanek »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sell my soul?

For a night with Roberta Murgo, I'd sell your soul!
If we're choosing among Brazilians, I'd prefer Morena Baccarin.
Untroubled, scornful, outrageous — That is how wisdom wants us to be. She is a woman and never loves anyone but a warrior — Friedrich Nietzsche

playhavock
Guru

Re: Sell your soul?

Post #12

Post by playhavock »

RobertUrbanek wrote: Would you sell your soul if someone offered to buy it? If so, what would be your minimum asking price?

Presumably, the transaction would require some kind of documentation, perhaps a notarized transfer of title. A few years ago, a young woman offered to sell her soul on eBay but I don’t recall if there were any takers.
Yes, there were but if I recall correctly they pulled it off and it has since been illegal to sell things that are of... how shall we say - questionable existance? I could be totaly wrong. I'd look it up, but lazyness prevals right now. Meh.

Well, how high they willing to pay? Just money? Can I get it tax free? What about land, hygrogen fuled car, payed for house - can I ask for intangables - like - peace on earth, healthy food and water for all humans - a "on/off" swtich for the repoductuctive system and a "how to" for balancing population grouth / vs room. How about knowalge of the whole universe -where are the life-faring planets located- worm hole techlology so we can go there instatnly - life on other planets if intelgent to know there languge. I meen if I'm selling something like this, then I better expect that whoever is buying it has magics to do all this!

RobertUrbanek
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by RobertUrbanek »

playhavock wrote:
RobertUrbanek wrote: Would you sell your soul if someone offered to buy it? If so, what would be your minimum asking price?

Yes, there were but if I recall correctly they pulled it off and it has since been illegal to sell things that are of... how shall we say - questionable existance? I could be totaly wrong. I'd look it up, but lazyness prevals right now. Meh.

Well, how high they willing to pay? Just money? Can I get it tax free? What about land, hygrogen fuled car, payed for house - can I ask for intangables - like - peace on earth, healthy food and water for all humans - a "on/off" swtich for the repoductuctive system and a "how to" for balancing population grouth / vs room. How about knowalge of the whole universe -where are the life-faring planets located- worm hole techlology so we can go there instatnly - life on other planets if intelgent to know there languge. I meen if I'm selling something like this, then I better expect that whoever is buying it has magics to do all this!
Yes, eBay bans the sale of intangible items, though you could probably offer to sell your soul (or buy others) on your own website. One might offer to buy souls as an investment. Say you paid $2,000 for the soul of a struggling agnostic college student. Years later. if he has a successful career, that person may attribute a certain "empty feeling" to the loss of his soul. He wants to buy it back, but now you offer to sell it for $20,000.
Untroubled, scornful, outrageous — That is how wisdom wants us to be. She is a woman and never loves anyone but a warrior — Friedrich Nietzsche

playhavock
Guru

Post #14

Post by playhavock »

Well, seems a risky investment to make buying souls in hopes the person will want them back, but it could work! How can we team up to make this compiny happen?! :D

RobertUrbanek
Apprentice

Post #15

Post by RobertUrbanek »

playhavock wrote: Well, seems a risky investment to make buying souls in hopes the person will want them back, but it could work! How can we team up to make this compiny happen?! :D
I may have to pass. I can forsee some problems. Would the transaction be subject to a sales tax? I could also see where a "soul exchange" might be a front to launder money.

mavis

Post #16

Post by mavis »

I'm not really religious, I identify with spiritual agnosticism but I would not ever sell my soul. I don't know for sure whether or not a soul exists but it makes no sense to sell it when it could be very important. if someone offered me a billion dollars to sign my sould away in a contract signed in blood, hell no I would not because what if I burn in hell forever? then that money was not worth it. I saw a friend of mine sell his soul to this guy a few months ago for a hundred dollars. I begged him not to but he wouldnt listen. for his sake I hope souls don't exist or at least that you can't sell them.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #17

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From the OP:
Would you sell your soul if someone offered to buy it?
I'd sell my soul for a dance with a monkey.
If so, what would be your minimum asking price?
Monkey dancing.
Presumably, the transaction would require some kind of documentation, perhaps a notarized transfer of title.
Has the monkey gotta sign it too?
A few years ago, a young woman offered to sell her soul on eBay but I don’t recall if there were any takers.
If by "soul" you mean "virginity".

The concept of the soul is, best I've seen it, a record of one's sense of self-worth and personal moral values applied to their understanding they exist. I have not observed it to be the entity such theists propose.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Kathie Bondar
Apprentice

Post #18

Post by Kathie Bondar »

Define what the soul is and I will tell you if I have it, and if so, what is it worth to me.

RobertUrbanek
Apprentice

Post #19

Post by RobertUrbanek »

Kathie Bondar wrote:

Define what the soul is and I will tell you if I have it, and if so, what is it worth to me.
Think of your body as a computer and your brain as the hard drive. Your soul is your personal website on the Internet (the spiritual realm). If your computer (body) dies or is destroyed, you don’t necessarily lose your soul (website); it still exists on the spiritual “internet.�

Selling your soul, then, would be like selling your website and domain name.

Mask of the Devil
Student

Post #20

Post by Mask of the Devil »

I don't believe in a "soul", at least not a separate being from the soma / body.