What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

justme2
Apprentice

Life through the eyes of another

Post #1

Post by justme2 »

Life through the eyes of another
I read comics when I was a boy and TV show’s and moves ever since. I have found myself playing the part of one of the characters and looking at life through their eyes. These experiences have helped me understand life from points of view I had never considered before. Since my memory at my old age is so poor I can watch these shows again and experience the life of another character as if I was that person too.

Have you ever watched an episode of fiction and played the part of one of these characters too or the experience changed you in some way or another?

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: Life through the eyes of another

Post #11

Post by JoeyKnothead »

I'm just saddened to know I'll never experience that first time meeting me in all my awesomenicity and brilliance, like so many on this site have been able to do. I just feel me terrible about it.

But I find immeasurable joy in watching youngns learn about and explore all the joys and happiness that this world can provide.

I recently found out my youngest grandgirl is a big animal lover. So I offered her up a digital copy of all my animal (amateur) studies. I coulda died when she told me she already had the full (digical) set of Grzimek's, and many other books in my collection - again, I'm an amateur, I ain't fancy nor nothing. I reckon I understand me every two hunderd and fifty third word or so.

But what really clumped me my heart up in my throat, she started picking on me cause her list of critters she's seen in the wild is longer'n mine. She's ten and a half. And a half Papa Joe! The oldest grandgirl there, I can't tell if she'd be happier to see me dead, or to have done it. I kid, she's a teenager, they all want us old folks dead.

Then there's that time I had me that one old lady there, and she had her a boy of the kid genre. Well it happened, she'd never showed him Smokey & The Bandit (I gave me her a good stern talking to bout that, but that's another story). I'm here to tell it, I watched him watch that movie, and liked to have busted him out his sides doing it. It'd be fifteen minutes later, and he'd quote him a quote, and he'd just bust him out laughing all over again.

He started calling me a 'moose tw!t' from then on, and it never upset me the first bit.

She ended up running up my card for the cocaine, but not sharing me none of it with her. Had to see her to the font road, but I tell it true, I miss me that kid.

Youngest grandgirls there, they're me my most favorite humans, along with their dad, a Model American.

I remember the boy there, before he had the grandgirls, I was up in Ohio, and he called me asking how to tape over an already did cassette tape. I got him through it, and I think he started him a church in my name right thereafter. Went to school with his newfound magic, and they set them up a church in his name.

Then he called me out in Arkansas, awondering if it was possible to tape over a VCR tape. Folks, I'm here to tell it, he can't speak him of Jesus' miracles, without he has to mention him me my own.

Kids. I love to see the excitement on their faces when they experience em a new good something to experience.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: Life through the eyes of another

Post #12

Post by Purple Knight »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:34 pm I'm just saddened to know I'll never experience that first time meeting me in all my awesomenicity and brilliance, like so many on this site have been able to do.
You can if you get Alzheimer's and/or dementia.