Would you kill to gain entery to heaven?

What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

crystalmage
Student

Would you kill to gain entery to heaven?

Post #1

Post by crystalmage »

In the old testament god commands you to kill people such as homosexuals, you wife, you kids ... to gain entery to heaven. I believe, I can't remember the exact passages and when I asked on another forum the christians wouldn't tell me.

1 god commands you to kill people.
2 christ says only those that are free from sin may cast the first stone.
3 christ died washing all our sins away.
4 now that all our sins are gone ... If the bible is the word of god... god is pretty specific about what we must do.
McCulloch wrote: I make no claims about God.
McCulloch wrote:We claim that god does not exist

People who keep changing their story are called liars.

Jester
Prodigy

Post #21

Post by Jester »

Moderator Comment
crystalmage wrote:People who keep changing their story are called liars.
Feel free to point out what you believe to be the logical contradictions in the statements made by others.
Directly referring to someone as a liar, however, is a personal attack, and should not be made.
As always debate the topic, not the person.
We must continually ask ourselves whether victory has become more central to our goals than truth.

ChaosBorders
Site Supporter

Post #22

Post by ChaosBorders »

No, I would not.
Unless indicated otherwise what I say is opinion. (Kudos to Zzyzx for this signature).

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.� -Albert Einstein

The most dangerous ideas in a society are not the ones being argued, but the ones that are assumed.
- C.S. Lewis

TheFoolForHimAboveAll
Student

Post #23

Post by TheFoolForHimAboveAll »

It says also that "the punishment for sin is death."
1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Say to the Israelites: 'Any Israelite or any alien living in Israel who gives [a] any of his children to Molech must be put to death. The people of the community are to stone him. 3 I will set my face against that man and I will cut him off from his people; for by giving his children to Molech, he has defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name. 4 If the people of the community close their eyes when that man gives one of his children to Molech and they fail to put him to death, 5 I will set my face against that man and his family and will cut off from their people both him and all who follow him in prostituting themselves to Molech.
Do you know what Molech was? "Tophet is Moloch, which was made of brass; and they heated him from his lower parts; and his hands being stretched out, and made hot, they put the child between his hands, and it was burnt; when it vehemently cried out; but the priests beat a drum, that the father might not hear the voice of his son, and his heart might not be moved." - Rabbi commenting on Jeremiah 7:31.

This is the only part of the Old Testament I need to defend. The rest is made outdated by the crucifixion of Jesus.

God will not ask me to murder a child, however, so this is all theoretical and rather pointless.