What would you do if?

Moderator: Moderators

Dionysus
Banned
Banned

Columbine

Post #1

Post by Dionysus »

Murder sells, grief sells but boy does Jesus Christ sell. "Well, she died for God. Because if she had denied her faith she would have lived!"

SURE.

So if this school-shooting victim had said, "No spare me, I hate God", the deranged killer would have followed his own "Christian values" and turned the other pimply cheek. Right, maybe on the WB NETWORK made-for-TV version we can expect any day now. Sadly and simply that poor girl and her classmates didn't die for Christ or anyone else. She died because her head was where Dylan Klebold had his rifle aimed. We can all agree these deaths were unnecessary. So was my grandfather's and your brother or dad or JFK or Christ himself. But let's not make martyrdom a popularity contest based on cash, guilt and fear. I'm sure if they could bottle every tear we've shed in these events, they'd sell it back to us as bottled water. The crucifix is already the highest grossing mass-market piece of merchandise sold worldwide in the history of mankind.
- Marilyn Manson, IS ADULT ENTERTAINMENT KILLING OUR CHILDREN? OR IS KILLING OUR CHILDREN ENTERTAINING ADULTS?

My question is twofold:

1. Do you believe that Cassie Bernall would have been spared had she denied her religion? (Provided that this story is true; as it turns out, it is not.)

2. Would you have denied yours? Honestly.