Murad has replaced Confused on the moderating team

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Murad has replaced Confused on the moderating team

Post #1

Post by otseng »

I'm pleased to announce that Murad has been added to the moderating team.

cnorman18

Re: Murad has replaced Confused on the moderating team

Post #2

Post by cnorman18 »

otseng wrote:I'm pleased to announce that Murad has been added to the moderating team.
Let me be the first to say, Welcome! And to say how proud and pleased we on the team are to have Murad join us.

It will be noted, of course, that Murad is a Muslim and that the team now includes at least one member of every Abrahamic faith as well as members who are non-theists; that is a remarkable and praiseworthy thing, and ought to be noted. But I feel compelled to note, too, that adding diversity of belief to the team was less of a consideration in inviting Murad to join us than were his intelligence, his fairness, his honesty, and his unfailing civility and good will. Murad has been an excellent member, and will, no doubt, be an excellent moderator as well.

Once again, Welcome! to Murad.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Goat »

cnorman18 wrote:
otseng wrote:I'm pleased to announce that Murad has been added to the moderating team.
Let me be the first to say, Welcome! And to say how proud and pleased we on the team are to have Murad join us.

It will be noted, of course, that Murad is a Muslim and that the team now includes at least one member of every Abrahamic faith as well as members who are non-theists; that is a remarkable and praiseworthy thing, and ought to be noted. But I feel compelled to note, too, that adding diversity of belief to the team was less of a consideration in inviting Murad to join us than were his intelligence, his fairness, his honesty, and his unfailing civility and good will. Murad has been an excellent member, and will, no doubt, be an excellent moderator as well.

The diversity of this place is one of the reasons it keeps my interest. I get to see a lot of different viewpoints..
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

flitzerbiest
Sage

Post #4

Post by flitzerbiest »

Good move, Oliver. Best of luck, Murad.

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by bernee51 »

cnorman18 wrote:

Charles

I can only add my agreement with all you have noted.

I believe Murad is a great choice as a moderator. I'm sure he will do well.

I think he is also our first Aussie moderator.

cheers

B
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

Murad
Guru

Post #6

Post by Murad »

Thank you all for your kind words, civility is what we should all aim for.
'The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character.'
(Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 759)
Im glad to be the first muslim moderator here & the first Aussie. Two in one :)
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Darias
Guru

Post #7

Post by Darias »

¡Felicidades a Murad! :D

(Sorry about the Spanish; I'm taking two intermediate language courses this semester and I'm overloaded with demasiada palabras del Español.)