Post count

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Post count

Post #1

Post by otseng »

Now that we have the token system, I've changed it so that any post (except to the test subforum) will increment your post count.

Here is how the post ranking is set up:
Newbie - 0 posts
Student - 10 posts
Apprentice - 100 posts
Scholar - 250 posts
Sage - 500 posts
Guru - 1000 posts
Prodigy - 2500 posts
Savant - 5000 posts
Last edited by otseng on Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RavEMasteR
Student

Post #2

Post by RavEMasteR »

Maybe you should have a "Stuff of Legends" category for those who reach 1000 posts, and also a custom title for those who reach 1500?

Just a thought.
MY SITE!
"On Judgement Day, the only thing God'll get from me as I take the express elevator to hell, is a big grin and my middle finger!" -- Myself

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

I'm open to ideas when someone reaches 1000+.

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

I've added Guru at 1000 posts.

canadianhorsefan
Student

Post #5

Post by canadianhorsefan »

Wow otseng, you're going to be a sage.

But I'll be guru first. :lol:

:confused2:

canadianhorsefan

otseng
Savant

Post #6

Post by otseng »

canadianhorsefan wrote: But I'll be guru first. :lol:
As long as you do it properly, you're welcome to try. But, anybody trying to post mindless posts or duplicate posts will be in violation of rules 7 and 8.

7. Do not post frivolous, flame bait, or inflammatory messages.
8. Spamming (duplicate posts, advertisements, etc) is not allowed.

cookiesusedunderprotest
Student

A question of netiquette

Post #7

Post by cookiesusedunderprotest »

Let's say I wanted to start a thread with a question that was prompted by posts in other threads, and I wanted to respond specifically to those posts. Weighing post organization versus post and token counts, would it be more appropriate to put the debate question and my responses to other's posts into the topic post or to put the question and each response into seperate posts, causing the first several posts in the thread to be mine?

otseng
Savant

Re: A question of netiquette

Post #8

Post by otseng »

cookiesusedunderprotest wrote:Let's say I wanted to start a thread with a question that was prompted by posts in other threads, and I wanted to respond specifically to those posts. Weighing post organization versus post and token counts, would it be more appropriate to put the debate question and my responses to other's posts into the topic post or to put the question and each response into seperate posts, causing the first several posts in the thread to be mine?

I'm not entirely clear what you're asking.

But some guidelines. Start a new topic for new debate questions. Do not ask things off-topic in a thread. You might also want to provide a link from the old thread to the new thread to let people know you've spawned a thread.

There is no problem with starting a new thread with a question, then answering your own question in separate post right after that.

Is that what you're asking for?

Quarkhead
Apprentice

Post #9

Post by Quarkhead »

Here's an example, cookie:
Let's say I wanted to start a thread with a question that was prompted by posts in other threads, and I wanted to respond specifically to those posts.
An interesting point, raised in another thread (link) by cookiesaremansbestfriend, which leads to my first, and main question for debate: What the heck is cookies talking about?
Weighing post organization versus post and token counts, would it be more appropriate to put the debate question and my responses to other's posts into the topic post or to put the question and each response into seperate posts, causing the first several posts in the thread to be mine?
And of course, this bit of sly Zoroastrian referencing by watchoutthecookiesarepoisoned leads to my next question: Does Tony Blair wear women's underwear?

- Well, that's just an example...

cookiesusedunderprotest
Student

Post #10

Post by cookiesusedunderprotest »

Hehe, I guess I'll take that as permission to post messages back-to-back in a thread as long as each post has a self-contained point and is condusive to the debate.