Cease mandating the moderators in post reports

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Cease mandating the moderators in post reports

Post #1

Post by otseng »

Please avoid making comments to the moderators when you report a post violation on how and when moderators are to act.

Do not say anything similar to:

"When are you guys going to respond to this?"
"I've already reported him 30 minutes ago!"
"Do you guys ever read these reports?"
"This guy should be banned."

We as the moderating team all have lives of our own. We are not on the forum 24/7. And some posts require a discussion among the moderators which require some time. But rest assured that the post reports are not automatically filed into the memory hole.

If there is a serious infraction and you do not see a response in a couple of days, feel free to PM me. If it is not a serious infraction and there is no response in a couple of days, then it's probably regarded by all of us that it doesn't require any moderator intervention.

Thank you ahead of time for your cooperation in this matter.

cnorman18

Re: Cease mandating the moderators in post reports

Post #2

Post by cnorman18 »

otseng wrote: Please avoid making comments to the moderators when you report a post violation on how and when moderators are to act.

Do not say anything similar to:

"When are you guys going to respond to this?"
"I've already reported him 30 minutes ago!"
"Do you guys ever read these reports?"
"This guy should be banned."

We as the moderating team all have lives of our own. We are not on the forum 24/7. And some posts require a discussion among the moderators which require some time. But rest assured that the post reports are not automatically filed into the memory hole.

If there is a serious infraction and you do not see a response in a couple of days, feel free to PM me. If it is not a serious infraction and there is no response in a couple of days, then it's probably regarded by all of us that it doesn't require any moderator intervention.

Thank you ahead of time for your cooperation in this matter.
I just now saw this. My apologies for multiple violations....!