Tokens

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Tokens

Post #1

Post by otseng »

I've added a feature to get tokens for posts in the debate forums. You get 5 tokens for starting a topic. You get 2 tokens if you reply to a topic. Also you get a token for each 100 characters for any post (with a max of 10 per post). (Anything you quote will not count towards the token count.)

Once you amass some tokens, here are some things you can do with them:
- Create your own usergroup
- Have your own custom title
- Give a MPG donation
- Donate tokens to another user
- Have your own email address
Last edited by otseng on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:16 am, edited 5 times in total.

otseng
Savant

Post #11

Post by otseng »

Regular_Guy wrote::confused2: Yikes I must be a moron or something :o I don't see it.
Sorry about the confusion, you can't see it in this category. Try going to a debate topic to see it.

Regular_Guy
Student

Post #12

Post by Regular_Guy »

:confused2: Bleh I didn't see it there either. Must be because im a
new-ish member or something. Thx for trying to help though. I'd give you some tokens if I could :P

otseng
Savant

Post #13

Post by otseng »

Regular_Guy wrote:I'd give you some tokens if I could :P
Not that I need the tokens, but I think it should be working. Make sure that you're logged in (otherwise you won't see donate) and then go to this post by harvey1. Under his name, you'll see something like "6268.92 tokens". Under that, you should see "Donate".

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #14

Post by chachynga »

otseng wrote:I'm open to any suggestions on items to put into the store. Of course, I have to wait for the store mod to be completed before I can install it and people can start buying stuff.
Federal Reserve Notes!

Jester
Prodigy

Post #15

Post by Jester »

otseng wrote:I'm open to any suggestions on items to put into the store. Of course, I have to wait for the store mod to be completed before I can install it and people can start buying stuff.
If and when it is possible, I'd love to be able to buy the rights to a larger avatar pic or other such nifty customization.
We must continually ask ourselves whether victory has become more central to our goals than truth.

otseng
Savant

Post #16

Post by otseng »

Jester wrote:If and when it is possible, I'd love to be able to buy the rights to a larger avatar pic or other such nifty customization.
That might be possible. How much would be reasonable to have a larger avatar? How big would your avatar be?

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #17

Post by McCulloch »

Jester wrote:If and when it is possible, I'd love to be able to buy the rights to a larger avatar pic or other such nifty customization.
otseng wrote:That might be possible. How much would be reasonable to have a larger avatar? How big would your avatar be?
Are we talking larger in terms of pixels or larger in terms of file size?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Jester
Prodigy

Post #18

Post by Jester »

otseng wrote: That might be possible. How much would be reasonable to have a larger avatar? How big would your avatar be?
In my fantasy world, it would be the background for the left panel of my posts. But 250(H) X 150(W) would be a significant change.
I don't know what the server can handle, though, or how much time you have for programming. If this is easier (though I can't imagine how it could be), I'd imagine that many people would enjoy uploading two or three avatars for various "moods" (as in live journal).
Keep in mind, however, that anything at all is fine, and I'd continue to adore DC&R if nothing changed.
We must continually ask ourselves whether victory has become more central to our goals than truth.

otseng
Savant

Post #19

Post by otseng »

Jester wrote:In my fantasy world, it would be the background for the left panel of my posts.
That ... would not be an easy change.
But 250(H) X 150(W) would be a significant change.
Yes, that would be a signficant change.
I don't know what the server can handle, though, or how much time you have for programming.
If I get paid for it, I can find the time. O:)
If this is easier (though I can't imagine how it could be), I'd imagine that many people would enjoy uploading two or three avatars for various "moods" (as in live journal).
That is a good idea. However, the code that controls the avatars is not the out of the box phpbb, but a mod that I installed. And it is probably the most complicated php code I've ever seen. (I think that's why the author of the mod has stopped supporting it)
Keep in mind, however, that anything at all is fine, and I'd continue to adore DC&R if nothing changed.
Well, in that case...

Thebombdotcom
Student

Post #20

Post by Thebombdotcom »

Now, is there any other purpose to these tokens besides donating them to someone else, which still falls under collecting them? I read the person with the most tokens each month gets an item from one of two shops, but again, you'd just be collecting them.