Forum was down for past several weeks

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Forum was down for past several weeks

Post #1

Post by otseng »

The forum experienced a severe crash and burn a couple of weeks ago. And of course I'd have to be on vacation in Taiwan during that time. So, I was not really able to do anything about it at that time.

I've now been able to get the forum back up by upgrading from a vps server to a dedicated server. This is quite a step up, so there are still things that are not working for now.

Sorry that the forum was down for the extended period and I hope to get things all back to normal soon.
Last edited by otseng on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by Zzyzx »

Otseng,

Welcome back. We hope you enjoyed your vacation.

It is good to see the forum back up and in a more stable configuration.

Thank you.

Dave

QED
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by QED »

Well done otseng. I think we all needed the break :lol:

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #4

Post by OnceConvinced »

I've been in a really argumentative mood the last couple of weeks too! :lol: Glad to see it's back up and running.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

wrekk
Scholar

Post #5

Post by wrekk »

Great to see it back up and running. I sure did miss everybody. :D Hope you had a great vacation.
You never hear in the news... 200 killed today when Atheist rebels took heavy shelling from the Agnostic stronghold in the North.- Doug Stanhope

otseng
Savant

Post #6

Post by otseng »

Thanks everyone for your patience and support.

OK, I think I've got everything back to normal now. If you see anything not working correctly, please report it and I'll take a look at it.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by McCulloch »

Only one odd thing. The pages are coming up in UTF-8 character encoding when they should be ISO-8851-1.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #8

Post by OnceConvinced »

Hey, I notice I've mysteriously been added to the "Talking Meat" user group. How did that happen? I'm pretty sure I didn't add myself by mistake. I notice the numbe of people in that group has grown very fast!

I see Persnikety Platapus has also been added, but he hasn't been here since last year. :lol:

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

otseng
Savant

Post #9

Post by otseng »

McCulloch wrote:Only one odd thing. The pages are coming up in UTF-8 character encoding when they should be ISO-8851-1.
Hmm, interesting. Has this caused any problems for you?

otseng
Savant

Post #10

Post by otseng »

OnceConvinced wrote:Hey, I notice I've mysteriously been added to the "Talking Meat" user group. How did that happen? I'm pretty sure I didn't add myself by mistake. I notice the numbe of people in that group has grown very fast!

I see Persnikety Platapus has also been added, but he hasn't been here since last year. :lol:
Catholic Crusader added people to the group without their consent. I have now removed him from the head of that usergroup.