Post by otseng »

Results of the 2008 voting:

2008 Best Debater: Zzyzx - 500 tokens awarded
2008 Most Civil Debater: Jester - 500 tokens awarded
2008 Rookie of the Year: cnorman18 - 500 tokens awarded
2008 Most Improved: joeyknuccione - 500 tokens awarded
2008 Who most like to meet in real life: Confused
2008 Best Avatar: joeyknuccione and Fallibleone
2008 Best Debate Topic: Is belief in God Logical?
2008 Most Thought Provoking Post: Burden of Proof

Congratulations to all our winners!
Last edited by otseng on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Congratulations Award Winners!

Congrats Zzyzx, you do debate proud!

Congrats Jester, your example should be one we all aspire to!

Congrats cnorman18, you came in and taught us all a thing or two!

Congrats joeyknuccione, from hillbilly to high falutin'!

Congrats Miss Confused, it would be an honor to meet you!

Congrats Miss Fallibleone, your avatar is a great symbol for these forums!

Congrats McCulloch, your topic inspired much thought, and many, many replies!

Congrats cnorman18, your post shows well relgious belief is a not illogical, not irrational position!

Hat's off to all of y'all!

Now I ain't much for putting on airs, and I'll always be good ol' joey, but I've gotta say this for those who may be embarrassed or put off by having to bring it up:

In winning, along with the dear Miss Fallibleone, the award for best avatar, I think all would feel more comfortable if all would address us as His (or Her) Majesty, Avatar Of The Year. Please note here, all starting letters are to be capitalized, and the proper His or Her must also be in place. I'm sure by doing so, we will not upset others who may become enraged by the lack of respect shown by not addressing us as His Majesty, Avatar Of The Year, or Miss Fallibleone, Her Majesty, Avatar Of The Year. Please remember, I don't order this for my humble self, and Miss Fallibleone has not asked me to speak on her behalf. I order this so those who I share reign over as Me, His Majesty, Avatar Of The Year, would not riot in the streets if proper respect were not shown.

Y'all be good and have a great new year!
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

msmcneal
Scholar

Post #3

Post by msmcneal »

Congratulations to all the award winners! And Happy New year to all the members of DC&R.
Al-Baqarah 256 (Yusuf Ali translation) "Truth stands out clear from error"

Confused
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Confused »

joeyknuccione wrote:
In winning, along with the dear Miss Fallibleone, the award for best avatar, I think all would feel more comfortable if all would address us as His (or Her) Majesty, Avatar Of The Year. Please note here, all starting letters are to be capitalized, and the proper His or Her must also be in place. I'm sure by doing so, we will not upset others who may become enraged by the lack of respect shown by not addressing us as His Majesty, Avatar Of The Year, or Miss Fallibleone, Her Majesty, Avatar Of The Year. Please remember, I don't order this for my humble self, and Miss Fallibleone has not asked me to speak on her behalf. I order this so those who I share reign over as Me, His Majesty, Avatar Of The Year, would not riot in the streets if proper respect were not shown.

I needed a good laugh His Majesty, Assatar of the Year!!!! Oops #-o , I meant Avatar of the year.

Congratulations to all nominees and all winners. And thank you all for another year of intense, informative, challenging, honorable, frustrating, and sometimes down right stupid debates. May this year be the same.

(I had to go back to edit this in joeyknuccione, I hope you know me well enough by now to know I am only playing in regards to the alteration of your requested title. I mean no disrespect. Only humor from one person currently restricted by health [It is a conspiracy by our doctors man, we ought to find some way to get even with them] to another).
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein

cnorman18

Re: 2008 Award Winners

Post #5

Post by cnorman18 »

In contrast to Joey - er, His Majesty - I do not require an elaborate title of address.

I will follow the example of Henry Kissinger upon being named Secretary of State. When he was asked if he wished to be addressed as. Mr. Secretary or Dr. Kissinger, he replied, "'Excellency' will be fine."

(He was kidding, too.)

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by JoeyKnothead »

Confused wrote:
joeyknuccione wrote:

I needed a good laugh His Majesty, Assatar of the Year!!!! Oops #-o , I meant Avatar of the year.

Congratulations to all nominees and all winners. And thank you all for another year of intense, informative, challenging, honorable, frustrating, and sometimes down right stupid debates. May this year be the same.

(I had to go back to edit this in joeyknuccione, I hope you know me well enough by now to know I am only playing in regards to the alteration of your requested title. I mean no disrespect. Only humor from one person currently restricted by health [It is a conspiracy by our doctors man, we ought to find some way to get even with them] to another).
It's too late to apologize!

As you got the capitalization correct, I see you were making your best effort. I will assume you were typing on a hobby horse, and will forgive the spelling errors :)
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin