Questions about the flood

Definition of terms and explanation of concepts

Moderator: Moderators

bigmrpig
Student

Questions about the flood

Post #1

Post by bigmrpig »

I'm putting this here because I don't want to debate any of the answers; I'll start a new thread if I decide to. I just want to know some things about the flood theory.

Would the Earth not have been ultra-saturated at the end of the flood, making some forms of life very hard to sustain (such as animals like land snakes, which to me seem like they would simply drown)?

Would this immense weight upon the now less dense (due to the loss of wate) Earth to compress?

Where did all the water go at the end of the flood?

Were all land animals not on Noah's ark killed in the flood?

What happened to vegetation during the flood?

What effect did the flood have the quantities or survival of sea organisms?

Was the flood solely freshwater, solely saltwater, or was it different in different areas? Did this have any known effect on aquatic life?

What did animals eat on the ark? Was there vegetation? What about carniverous animals?
EDIT: I have discussed this in a different thread and do not need a response.

Were the landmasses (continentally speaking, not changes in appearance or mineral makeup) different pre and post-flood?

Thank you to whoever can answer any or all of these questions :)

YEC
Sage

Re: Questions about the flood

Post #2

Post by YEC »

bigmrpig" I'm putting this here because I don't want to debate any of the answers; I'll start a new thread if I decide to. I just want to know some things about the flood theory.

Would the Earth not have been ultra-saturated at the end of the flood, making some forms of life very hard to sustain (such as animals like land snakes, which to me seem like they would simply drown)?

I see no reason as to why the earth would have been ultra-saturated at the end of the flood.

Would this immense weight upon the now less dense (due to the loss of wate) Earth to compress?

I would imagine that some of the strata laid down during the flood would compress.

Where did all the water go at the end of the flood?

Into the ocean.

There is debate about the insects having to have been on board the ark.

What happened to vegetation during the flood?

It became, coal, oil, natural gas...

What effect did the flood have the quantities or survival of sea organisms?

I don't think the fish liked it to much...but thatv doesn't mean some of them made it through the flood conditions.

Was the flood solely freshwater, solely saltwater, or was it different in different areas? Did this have any known effect on aquatic life?

The flood was a mixture of salt and fresh.
The salt levels were stratisfied with different amounts in each level.

What did animals eat on the ark? Was there vegetation? What about carniverous animals?
EDIT: I have discussed this in a different thread and do not need a response.

Were the landmasses (continentally speaking, not changes in appearance or mineral makeup) different pre and post-flood?

The land masses colided after the flood creating the mountains we see today.

Thank you to whoever can answer any or all of these questions :)

bigmrpig
Student

Post #3

Post by bigmrpig »

Well, you seem to have answered all my questions so I at least know the flood point of view for all those questions, although there are a couple I would like to discuss with you elsewhere (the saturation of the Earth post-flood in particular), but one I think you misunderstood me...

There is debate about the insects having to have been on board the ark.
I mean animals like say, sheep. Where Noah took a certain number (14 I believe? Since they're clean?), but I mean what happened to the other thousands of sheep on the Earth.

Those ones all died, right?

YEC
Sage

Post #4

Post by YEC »

They died.

Salt Agent
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by Salt Agent »

Greetings,

We approach the whole issue of the Flood with our worldview as a lens by which we see, understand and interpret the issues. I don't want to get into the debate aspect either.

Within the whole issue of the Flood, there are evangelicals who say the whole flood was literal, a real flood, but it was a regional or local flood, in the Mesopotamian valley, or therabouts.

Others say the Flood was real, literal, and literally covered the entire planet, and that the Genesis account is historical, and literal, rained forty days and forty nights, seven pairs of the clean animals, and two of the clean, etc.

You will easily see a connection/correlation between a Creationist and the Global Flood, as it goes to belief that the Bible is inspired and the Word of God--Trustworthy. Most people who believe in Darwinian Macro evolution don't accept the Biblical flood as even real, but a myth to teach a point. [Acknowleding the Flood, would be a hole in the boat, so to speak.]

Obviously there are myriads of websites out there to support both sides. What you don't find often is a site that actually lists multiple links to differing views so you can compare and contrast. This is one of the best i have seen.

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung ... 20Page.htm

Other good sites for reference are:
http://www.gotquestions.org/search.php? ... uery=flood
www.answersingenesis.org
www.icr.org
click articles, topic Flood or Noah's Flood, Genesis Flood.

You should also be aware that the topic of the Flood and Creation are very closely related because they both relate/are affected not only by one's worldview, but their systematic approach to Biblical Interpretation. Both Creation and the Flood are in the first chapters of Genesis, and they set the framework for how one interprets other passages, and thus they have a direct impact on doctrine -- origin of death, effects of the fall, age of the earth, death before or after the fall, etc, etc. Think of these as a foundation upon which other issues are built and related.

Hope this helps.

Salt Agent