I have a question

Definition of terms and explanation of concepts

Moderator: Moderators

Illyricum
Apprentice

I have a question

Post #1

Post by Illyricum »

I was wondering if someone [who is an evolutionist] could [briefly but clearly as possible] explain to me the big bang theory. I mean, I know what it is and I've heard it before, but I'd appreciate if someone could explain it in detail, how the evolutions believe it came about, what exactly hit what to form what, that sort of thing. I would love to have the whole evolution theory explained to me but I don't think I have time for that right now so I'll just start with the most important part which is the how [the earth]all started.
So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

Romans 15:19

ProfMoriarty
Student

Post #11

Post by ProfMoriarty »

I was wondering if someone [who is an evolutionist] could [briefly but clearly as possible] explain to me the big bang theory
Why would you want an evolutionist to explain the big bang theory? It's nothing to do with evolutionary theory, which is entirely concerned with biological development. You need an astrophysicist or a cosmologist to explain something like that.

A couple of points though - big bang theory is a mathematical model based upon both known scientific principles and evidence obtained from such things as telescopic examination of the far reaches of the universe, x-ray and infra-red images, studies of the background radiation etc.

The point is, to actually understand this propely you would need to be able to understand the sophisticated mathematics involved. When Hawkin's or another cosmologist writes a book about it they are dumbing it down so much it is almost meaningless in terms of giving any sort of real understanding of the event. It would be like Dawkins writing a book about evolution in which referred to froggies and horsies! Fortunately for us evolution is perfectly understandable with only a minumum of maths skills so he doesn't have to go as far as Hawkins does.

I have heard a quote from a scientist involved in these esoteric areas (possibly Hawkins, can't remember, but I'm sure we can find it if anyone is bothered) - and I think referring to quantum physics, which is similarly incomprehensible - that anyone who doesn't understand the maths doesn't understand the subject, and if they say they do, they are lying.

So basically the best we can do for you - both because I doubt anyone here knows the maths, including you - is airy-fairyattempts at very basic descriptions of what it might have been like.

My understanding is no better and perhaps worse than others- but what the hell:

The universe at the big bang was a point of infinite mass in a single quantum state - i.e. it was as if it were a single particle. For some reason, this point became unstable and began to expand, borrowing energy from the gravity of the mass to convert into matter, in the form of superheated plasma. (This is not miraculous - matter and 'energy' are the same thing in different forms - the well known equation e=mc2 [squared] shows this). As space and time are a function of matter, the expansion of the universe is actually being caused by the expansion of space itself - so the universe is not expanding into space, because there is no space outside of the universe, it is creating more space within itself. The easiest way to visualise this is to imagine the universe as being the surface of a balloon. As you blow the balloon up the rubber stretches creating a bigger surface area. The increase is caused not by taking anything from outside the balloon (the air is not part of the balloon), but by stretching the material of the balloon itself. In a similar (and entirely metaphorical way) the universe stretches its own space as it expands - but the mass etc. remains constant.

That's the big bang - it lasted milliseconds - and everything after that is part of the expansion process which has resulted in the universe we see today.
Prof M

Evolution is just a theory, and proud of it. :idea:
THE BRIGHTS - http://www.the-brights.net/fourms

Kadmon
Banned
Banned

Definitions and Explanations

Post #12

Post by Kadmon »

First Make note that they , the scientific community refer to the '' The Big Bang '' as a Theory . When You LQQk Up The Word '' Theory '' The American Heritage Dictionary '' , It Is Defined As Such ;

the - o - ry , N. , pl . the - o - ries . 1 . a Systematically Organized Knowldge Applicable In A Relatively Wide Variety Of Circumstance , especially A Systems Of Assumption , Accepted Principles . And Rules Of Procedure Devised To Analyze , Predict , Or Otherwise Explain The Nature Or Behavior Of A Specified Set Of Phenomena .

The word Theory comes from the Late Latin Theoria , from Greek , from theoros , meaning '' spectator '' ; from thea , a viewing + -oros , '' seeing '' Make note that , though they call it a Theory , they say '' seeing is believing '' . When in actulity hearing and reading is believing , and seeing is knowing .

Their word Theory as the Greek say Theoris becomes Thehos for God in Greek , taken from Taweret , The Tama - Rean Goddess of women in childbirth and this birth is of the Sun ( sons ) . Taweret was hated by The Greeks because she was the center of The Iunet or Tantere , Called by The Greeks Denderah Calendar And She Represented Mitochondria DNA In The Center Of The Denderah ( Zodiac ) .

Although they call the Big Bang a Theory contact is a reality , as the sperm hiitting the ovum , Though , the human ear can't hear it , it is a Big Bang to microscopic existing entities . When positive and negative charges clash , though you don't hear it , it is a Big Bang to minute energy . So in actuality the Big Bang is a reality .

But is it '' The Big Bang , or '' A '' nother Big Bang .
Just another '' Big Bang , as an incident that occurs and re-occurs .

So There Is More Than one Big Bang ?
Yes , As things come into Existence , or where things become somethings , the Sum Of A Thing, A Thing Would Need Another Thing To Bang Into To Have A Big Bang . Their problem is , comprehending matter and anti - matter as the things that Clash to bring about , alternate things .

So What They Call It , Is True ?
It is untrue by their title . There was no single one '' Big Bang '' as the statement would imply that something just went '' Bang '' without a reason or Cause or under control , direction or command .

So Then , The Original Black Dot Was Not Alone ?
No , for it existed in a states of existence .

Which '' Big Bang '' Is The Most Important ?
It depends on the beings that is affected by it .

BirdofPrey
Student

Post #13

Post by BirdofPrey »

The Big Bang THEORY is what it is... there was something or nothing, and than it exploaded. Comm'on ! And then they go ahead and take the laws of expansion and gravity and such for granted. Where did all this come from...

It's like, hey, the stork brought you - and you don't ask: where from ?

BirdofPrey
Student

Post #14

Post by BirdofPrey »

The Big Bang THEORY is what it is..: a theory saying that there was something and than it exploded. Or perhaps, nothing exploded. I'm not sure which, but either way.. Come'on ! And then they go ahead and take the laws of expansion and gravity and such for granted. Where did all this come from... What exploded ? It's like saying there are chickens because there are eggs. Seriously... so where did those eggs come from ? - and this is where this parallel touches on the subject that the universe will collapse to form another Big Bang... but this circular reasoning and the question where did all this come from still remains... It's like, hey, the stork brought you - and you don't ask: where from ?

Alright, but where did God come from... well, I rather go with this, even if I don't know - at least the fact that He needed no cause since He's supernatural, makes more sense than the big bang blubber...

On top of all, evolutionism isn't science. There are lias in it's pillars still upholded as truth. Evolution fails to be valid the moment you look into it... dinosaurs are just one of the species that man made extinct.

And to those who'd like to reconcile the Bible with evolution, there are several serious incompatibilities, to name one, evolution is based on the survival of the fittest... and natural selection, which means death of certain species. Problem is, there was no death, and animals were eating grass and not each other, before death entered the world because of sin.

wiploc
Guru

Re: I have a question

Post #15

Post by wiploc »

Illyricum wrote: explain to me the big bang theory.
Outside of our local galactic cluster, everything is going away from us. (We know this from the red shift.) And, get this, the farther away from us something is, the faster it is going away from us. It's as if other galaxies know where we are, and don't like us.

Or it's as if we are the center of a great explosion, so everything else is flying away.

And, hey, if there was an explosion, that explains why speed is linked to distance: The fact that galaxy X is going three times as as fast as galaxy Y is why galaxy X is three times as far away as galaxy Y.

So, it's looking as if there was an explosion, a long time ago, back when all the matter of the universe was in one place.

-

And we were in the center of that explosion, because everything is going away from us?

No, that turns out to be sort of an illusion. If we were in galaxy X or Y, we would take that for the center too. Because, from their point of view, everything is going away from them.

You can do a thought experiment. Imagine five cars at a starting line, aiming north. The race starts. Car A doesn't move. Car B runs at ten miles an hour. Car C runs twenty miles and hour, etc. Oh, yes, I should mention that this race is run at night on a giant pane of glass. The drivers can't see anything but the five cars.

Driver A sees everybody going away from him to the north. The car going fastest to the north is the one farthest away.

Driver B sees everybody going away from him. Car A is going away to the south at ten miles an hour. Car C is going away at ten miles an hour to the north.

Driver C sees everybody going away from him. Car A is going away south at twice the speed of Car B, and is going twice as fast as Car B.

Etcera.

So it looks like there was an explosion, but there's no reason to believe we were at the center.

I mean, I know what it is and I've heard it before, but I'd appreciate if someone could explain it in detail, how the evolutions believe it came about,
Evolution has nothing to do with the big bang.

what exactly hit what to form what, that sort of thing.
Nobody knows what happened before the big bang, if anything. Maybe the big bang was "time zero," the origin, the first moment. Maybe not.

I would love to have the whole evolution theory explained to me but I don't think I have time for that right now so I'll just start with the most important part which is the how [the earth]all started.
The big bang is not part of evolutionary theory.

The earth didn't start until long after the big bang.

spitndirt

Re: I have a question

Post #16

Post by spitndirt »

[Replying to post 1 by Illyricum]

It's what happened on day four of creation. :D