Purpose of this subforum

Definition of terms and explanation of concepts

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Purpose of this subforum

Post #1

Post by otseng »

This subforum, Definitions and Explanations, is for defining terms and explaining concepts used on this forum. This is not meant for debate or even much discussion. If any of threads here more into debate or discussion, it will either be deleted or the entire thread will be moved into a more appropriate category.

Susma
Under Probation

Re: Purpose of this subforum

Post #2

Post by Susma »

otseng wrote:This subforum, Definitions and Explanations, is for defining terms and explaining concepts used on this forum. This is not meant for debate or even much discussion. If any of threads here more into debate or discussion, it will either be deleted or the entire thread will be moved into a more appropriate category.

That is ultmostly most logical from the part of the no. 1 power in this forum.

Thanks.

Susma

Susma
Under Probation

Post #3

Post by Susma »

otseng wrote:This subforum, Definitions and Explanations, is for defining terms and explaining concepts used on this forum. This is not meant for debate or even much discussion. If any of threads here more into debate or discussion, it will either be deleted or the entire thread will be moved into a more appropriate category.

With all due respect, I have been wanting to inquire from you but hesitant; still being curious and not accustomed to suppress my curiosity when the satisfaction of my curiosity is just nothing that will break my nose, but only at most being banned from a forum, what exactly do you want people to write in this forum -- because I notice that you accept replies here.

You say:
  • 1.This subforum, Definitions and Explanations, is for defining terms and explaining concepts used on this forum.

2. This is not meant for debate or even much discussion.

3. If any of threads here more into debate or discussion, it will either be deleted or the entire thread will be moved into a more appropriate category.

It is a subforum in the bigger forum of General Discussion where practically anything under the sun can be covered.

And the title and subtitle of this subforum is:
  • Definitions and Explanations
    Definition of terms and explanation of concepts

May I ask: how can any explanation of concepts be done without discussion, for in your statement above no. 3 you prescribe:
  • If any of threads here mov[r]e into debate or discussion, it will either be deleted or the entire thread will be moved into a more appropriate category.

Are you of the intention that posters here will just reproduce definitions and explanations of concepts from published dictionaries?

In which case, isn't that redundant, since there is no need to reproduce definitions and explanations of concepts from published dictionaries, people can go directly to published dictionaries.

With all due respect, please explain.

And I am all really confused why you moved my thread here on "The universe as the totality of existence," which is exactly on definition and explanation of the concept of the universe.

And that into the board for Random Ramblings?

I am definitely never into random ramblings in authoring a thread: but I always introduce a thread with the utmost pure intention of getting people to exchange views with me, so that everyone will come to a better understanding of an issue, first and foremost of all by examining the crucial concepts involved in an issue.

Susma

otseng
Savant

Post #4

Post by otseng »

Susma wrote:
Are you of the intention that posters here will just reproduce definitions and explanations of concepts from published dictionaries?
Yes, this is the intention of this subforum. It's just a convenient place to put definitions for people to be able to easily access them.
And I am all really confused why you moved my thread here on "The universe as the totality of existence," which is exactly on definition and explanation of the concept of the universe.
Because you did not offer any standard definitions and only your own with the intention of discussing your definition.

Susma
Under Probation

Post #5

Post by Susma »

otseng wrote:
Susma wrote:
Yes, this is the intention of this subforum. It's just a convenient place to put definitions for people to be able to easily access them.
Because you did not offer any standard definitions and only your own with the intention of discussing your definition.

With all due respect.

You are laboring from an extreme degree of the malaise I call conceptual xenophobia.

Anyway, just put in one simple clear exact description line for your subforum:
  • This subforum is only for reproduction of definitions and their explanatins from published dictionaries.

And people authoring threads here and also people discussing definitions of words and concepts here are also suffering from an extreme degree of the malaise I call conceptual xenophobia.

I will now proceed to introduce a thread in Random Ramblings on:
  • Atheists suffer from grave conceptual xenophobia.

With all due respect.

Susma

Confused
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Confused »

Susma wrote:
otseng wrote:
Susma wrote:

With all due respect.

You are laboring from an extreme degree of the malaise I call conceptual xenophobia.

Anyway, just put in one simple clear exact description line for your subforum:
  • This subforum is only for reproduction of definitions and their explanatins from published dictionaries.

And people authoring threads here and also people discussing definitions of words and concepts here are also suffering from an extreme degree of the malaise I call conceptual xenophobia.

I will now proceed to introduce a thread in Random Ramblings on:
  • Atheists suffer from grave conceptual xenophobia.

With all due respect.

Susma
:warning: Moderator Warning

Please avoid personal attacks. Your opinion as to what you believe someone is "suffering" from is really irrelevant.
Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein