What if you're wrong?

To solve world problems

Moderator: Moderators

Willum
Savant

What if you're wrong?

Post #1

Post by Willum »

We all have strongly held beliefs, they can't all be right. What if you discover that whatever your particular truth is, is wrong, and that in order to solve the worlds problems, which clearly are not being completely addressed by any belief, you find that in order to make the world better, you need to adopt another approach. Or perhaps it is as simple as committing more completely to the principles of your own, ones you ignore or do not adhere to for whatever reason?

Can we even introspect enough to suspect some aspect of what we do is causing rather than solving the world's problem.

Monta
Guru

Re: How to start?

Post #21

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 20 by ttruscott]

"This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin."

I did like your above post then yu ruined by what yu wrote under it.

There's no Biblical record that anyone was created in Adam's sin!
Isn't that perversion of the Word?

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #22

Post by paarsurrey1 »

What if you're wrong?

I will accept it and correct myself, as simple as that.
Regards

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #23

Post by paarsurrey1 »

paarsurrey1 wrote: What if you're wrong?

I will accept it and correct myself, as simple as that.
Regards
I further add:
Will you accept the truth if you're wrong, please?
Right, please?
Anybody, please, with reasons and arguments, please
Regards
Last edited by paarsurrey1 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: What if you're wrong?

Post #24

Post by ttruscott »

Willum wrote: We all have strongly held beliefs, they can't all be right. What if you discover that whatever your particular truth is, is wrong, and that in order to solve the worlds problems, which clearly are not being completely addressed by any belief, you find that in order to make the world better, you need to adopt another approach.
This is exactly what happened to me. A perfect description...which resulted in my conversion to Christianity away from hedonistic secular existentialistic materialism which I decided had no power to change even one person let alone a world.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #25

Post by paarsurrey1 »

ttruscott wrote:
Willum wrote: We all have strongly held beliefs, they can't all be right. What if you discover that whatever your particular truth is, is wrong, and that in order to solve the worlds problems, which clearly are not being completely addressed by any belief, you find that in order to make the world better, you need to adopt another approach.
This is exactly what happened to me. A perfect description...which resulted in my conversion to Christianity away from hedonistic secular existentialistic materialism which I decided had no power to change even one person let alone a world.
What other changes have one observed in one's own self, please?
Regards

Menotu
Sage

Post #26

Post by Menotu »

[Replying to post 1 by Willum]

I discovered my belief (which is what I was told to believe, like any good Christian) was wrong as it's taught.
It was enlightening mostly, but also somewhat sad.
It's nice to think there's someone out there, all powerful, that's 'rooting for me' and 'has my back'.
And that may still be true, in part. But the modern teaching of Christianity is illogical and flawed. Which is one of the main reasons why my belief system changed.

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #27

Post by 2ndRateMind »

[Replying to post 1 by Willum]

My own perspective on this is that all humans are wrong, but some humans are more wrong than others. I commend this attitude to the forum; it allows for suitable humility in the face of a barely scrutable universe, and a barely scrutable God.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Non omnes qui errant pereunt
Not all who wander are lost