Love and other crazy things

To solve world problems

Moderator: Moderators

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Love and other crazy things

Post #1

Post by Peds nurse »

I am very passionate about my belief in God (Biblical). Although I am not the best debater, I enjoy this forum, and have had the great opportunity to meet some pretty amazing people. I can say, that often times I feel my beliefs are the minority, but I feel most who debate are pretty respectful (thanks to great moderators).

We must remember that when we let our desire to win a debate, trump our respect and love for people, it falls on to deaf ears, and our overall message is lost in translation. Whether you are Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Jew, or otherwise, love is the universal language that binds us all, and respect paves the way for effective communication.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Love and other crazy things

Post #2

Post by ttruscott »

Peds nurse wrote: ...

I can say, that often times I feel my beliefs are the minority,

Really? I thought they were pretty basically orthodox Christianity. Did I miss something?

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Peds nurse
Site Supporter

Re: Love and other crazy things

Post #3

Post by Peds nurse »

[Replying to post 2 by ttruscott]

Are they not the minority on this site?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #4

Post by Divine Insight »

Hi Peds Nurse.

The purpose of this site is to debate these religions. It's difficult to appear to be nice to specific religions when the purpose (at least for those who oppose them) is to point out their flaws and fallacies.

However, although I'm a big "meany" on this site, I don't behave this way on other venues. For example, I'm on a songwriter's forum as "Mystic Dreamer". In fact, I just finished writing music and singing a song for a fellow who had some lyrics that were definitely "Believer Oriented". The song mentions specifically angels, and implies that after a person dies they go off to sing in choirs. ;)

So I'm not a total monster with respect to religions views.

You can hear the song here: I posted it on this website in the Music forum just for you. ;)

I Can't Guess
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From the OP:

With respect to the "overall message", and it's a good'n, but...
We must remember that when we let our desire to win a debate, trump our respect and love for people, it falls on to deaf ears, and our overall message is lost in translation. Whether you are Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Jew, or otherwise, love is the universal language that binds us all, and respect paves the way for effective communication.
Now if only we could get so many religious folks to remove the libelous, slanderous claims their holy texts present. I find it the height of hypocrisy to try to assert one's being "loving" by promoting such texts as somehow virtuous.

"You started it, and continue to assert it" (if only by way of promoting / worshiping the book / god in question) is my guiding principle here.

I should be ashamed of myself if I ever offer respect, mutual or otherwise, to anyone, god or human, that declares I'm a "fool" and "incapable of doing good" just 'cause I reject the claims of the religious.

Remove the plank of slander from your holy texts, and I'll be glad to remove the splinter of my response to it.
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin