Just Accept?

To solve world problems

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Beyonder
Student
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:13 am
Location: Beyond Realm
Contact:

Just Accept?

Post #1

Post by Beyonder »

How about we just accept each other without backlash of race,gender,sexual orientation, and or religion? We are keeping the negative/hate/evil alive when we bash one person specially for no reason.

User avatar
Miles
Prodigy
Posts: 3376
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:19 pm
Has thanked: 263 times
Been thanked: 935 times

Re: Just Accept?

Post #11

Post by Miles »

Beyonder wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:29 pm How about we just accept each other without backlash of race,gender,sexual orientation, and or religion? We are keeping the negative/hate/evil alive when we bash one person specially for no reason.
Wouldn't that be nice, but according to the Bible it's not what god wants. In that he creates evil* he obviously wants people to preform evil deeds, and one of those evil deeds could well be refusing to accept each other without backlash of race,gender,sexual orientation, and or religion. So I wouldn't be looking for any kind of quick fix or even a a long term solution

*Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.


.

User avatar
JehovahsWitness
Savant
Posts: 18097
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Has thanked: 434 times
Been thanked: 661 times
Contact:

Re: Just Accept?

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

nobspeople wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:31 pm

The few JWs I know are only tolerant of their own kind...
I doubt if that's the case at all. How many Jehovahs Witnesses do you know that have attempted to kill or otherwise eliminate non-Witneses ? Could you be confusing tolerance with approval?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681


"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 818 times

Re: Just Accept?

Post #13

Post by nobspeople »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:44 pm
nobspeople wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:31 pm

The few JWs I know are only tolerant of their own kind...
I doubt if that's the case at all. How many Jehovahs Witnesses do you know that have attempted to kill or otherwise eliminate non-Witneses ? Could you be confusing tolerance with approval?
I never mentioned kill or eliminate - why do you go to the extremes all the time?!? It's disturbing :shock:

Doubt all you want but that doesn't change the facts that a handful of JWs I knew went to extremes to make the lives of people they don't agree with as difficult as possible. Your belief in that is immaterial.
Did they try to kill or eliminate not witnesses?
No
Do they speak for the whole group of witnesses?
Doubt it
Does that make it better?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

User avatar
JehovahsWitness
Savant
Posts: 18097
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Has thanked: 434 times
Been thanked: 661 times
Contact:

Re: Just Accept?

Post #14

Post by JehovahsWitness »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:19 am ... a handful of JWs I knew went to extremes to make the lives of people they don't agree with as difficult as possible.
And how do you claim they did that? Stalking? Threatening letters? Did they scheme to get them fired from their jobs? Did they run over their neighbour's pets? .... What stories are you now going to type on the internet to attempted to make your claim believable.


JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681


"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 818 times

Re: Just Accept?

Post #15

Post by nobspeople »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:40 pm
nobspeople wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:19 am ... a handful of JWs I knew went to extremes to make the lives of people they don't agree with as difficult as possible.
And how do you claim they did that? Stalking? Threatening letters? Did they scheme to get them fired from their jobs? Did they run over their neighbour's pets? .... What stories are you now going to type on the internet to attempted to make your claim believable.


JW
Incest/rape, stealing per a female's girlfriend's command, marrying and trying to kill their elderly, sick, rich husband, corporate lying to get certain people fired...that's a few, but it's not at all relevant. Fact is people do bad things no matter if they're part of a cult (a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object) or not.
If you don't like my experiences with your JW brothers and sisters, that's not my issue nor does it negate my experience nor prove it false.
Life isn't all butterflies and happiness even within the JW ranks.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Overcomer
Guru
Posts: 1320
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:44 am
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: Just Accept?

Post #16

Post by Overcomer »

Miles wrote:
Wouldn't that be nice, but according to the Bible it's not what god wants. In that he creates evil* he obviously wants people to preform evil deeds, and one of those evil deeds could well be refusing to accept each other without backlash of race,gender,sexual orientation, and or religion. So I wouldn't be looking for any kind of quick fix or even a a long term solution

*Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
You are quoting the King James Bible, renowned for its beautiful language, but not necessarily the best version to use in study. Since it was translated in 1611, scholars have discovered many more manuscripts from which to work which means that modern translations are better and more accurate. The Hebrew word is better translated as "affliction, calamity, or disaster" and refers specifically to physical woes such as earthquakes, for example. That's why you will find the word translated using those words in various versions of the Bible including these:

Isaiah 45:7: I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things. (English Standard Version)

Isaiah 45:7: The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these. (New American Standard)

Isaiah 45:7: I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things. (New International Version)

See here for more:

https://www.gotquestions.org/Isaiah-45-7.html

It's also imperative to look at verses in context. When you read the entire passage, you can see that it is talking about God bringing woe to Israel because of their disobedience. God was planning to implement his plan of salvation through the nation of Israel. If he lost it, he would lose his plan of salvation. Therefore, he had to deal harshly with them when they strayed in order to keep them and his plan on track.

It's also important to note that God does things differently once Christ arrived and implemented that plan with his death and resurrection. Therefore, when you read lists of civil and ceremonial laws such as those in Leviticus, for example, they are meant for the nation of Israel ONLY at that time and in that place. They are not applicable to anyone once Christ came and implemented a new covenant with us. This is why we cannot blame God for sending earthquakes today -- because he doesn't! They occur because we live in a fallen world where sin exists, but he doesn't use them for disciplinary reasons as in the Old Testament.

God did NOT create evil. In fact, if you read the first chapters of Genesis, you can see that everything he created was good. It's also imperative to recognize that evil is NOT a created entity like a tree or a rock or a human being. It entered creation when Adam and Eve disobeyed God. Look at it as being like rust on metal or a blight on a plant or a wound in your arm.

God HATES evil and would never want us to perform evil deeds. Scripture tells us this: Psalm 5:4: For you are not a God who delights in wickedness; evil may not dwell with you.

In fact, God offers the one antidote to evil in the person of Jesus Christ. Here is an article on what Jesus said about evil:

https://www.str.org/w/jesus-on-the-problem-of-evil

God does not promote racism nor sexism. In fact, those things are sinful, and Jesus makes it clear that everyone is equal in his eyes (Gal. 3:23-29; Eph. 4:1-6). He came to save the world, not just a chosen few based on their sex or ethnicity or position in life (John 3:16). However, he DOES point out sexual sin because, while the civil and ceremonial laws of the Old Testament have passed away, God's idea of morality remains the same.

God hates evil because it harms us. In fact, he never wanted us to know evil. That's why he told Adam and Eve NOT to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. However, they had free will and chose to disobey him and brought evil into the world through their actions -- but that's their fault, not God's.

User avatar
JehovahsWitness
Savant
Posts: 18097
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Has thanked: 434 times
Been thanked: 661 times
Contact:

Re: Just Accept?

Post #17

Post by JehovahsWitness »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:19 am ... a handful of JWs I knew went to extremes to make the lives of people they don't agree with as difficult as possible.
nobspeople wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:43 amIncest/rape, stealing per a female's girlfriend's command, marrying and trying to kill their elderly, sick, rich husband, corporate lying to get certain people fired...that's a few,
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:31 pm

Are you suggesting that such behavious are typical, usual or even common of the Jehovahs Witneses you know?
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681


"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 818 times

Re: Just Accept?

Post #18

Post by nobspeople »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:31 pm
nobspeople wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:43 am
nobspeople wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:19 am ... a handful of JWs I knew went to extremes to make the lives of people they don't agree with as difficult as possible.

Incest/rape, stealing per a female's girlfriend's command, marrying and trying to kill their elderly, sick, rich husband, corporate lying to get certain people fired...that's a few, but it's not at all relevant.
Are you suggesting that such behavious are typical, usual or even common of the Jehovahs Witneses you know?
I'm stating those actions were taken by JWs I know.
The details aren't relevant to thread's discussion, but provided for your (apparent) incessant need for entertainment(?)
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

User avatar
JehovahsWitness
Savant
Posts: 18097
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:03 am
Has thanked: 434 times
Been thanked: 661 times
Contact:

Re: Just Accept?

Post #19

Post by JehovahsWitness »

nobspeople wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:40 pm I'm stating those actions were taken by JWs I know.
Are you seriouly telling me you are personally acquainted with one or more individuals who claims to be one of Jehovah's Witneses that have .... commited incest and rape, stolen a girlfriend, married and subsequently tried to kill their elderly, sick, rich husband, and lied in business to get certain people fired.






JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681


"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 818 times

Re: Just Accept?

Post #20

Post by nobspeople »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:43 pm
nobspeople wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:40 pm I'm stating those actions were taken by JWs I know.
Are you seriouly telling me you are personally acquainted with one or more individuals who claims to be one of Jehovah's Witneses that have .... commited incest and rape, stolen a girlfriend, married and subsequently tried to kill their elderly, sick, rich husband, and lied in business to get certain people fired.

How many exactly? Too many to count or can you put a figure to it? Where did you meet them? With such a string of convictions, including attempted murder they no doubt ended up in the local or national news, can you name them?
I personally know JWs that did the things mentioned (or tried to in one particular case). I'm sure I know or have known other JWs through out my life.
Names aren't necessary as they mean nothing to you. Even if I named them, you wouldn't believe me so there's no point.
Can you elaborate on how this pertains to the thread?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Post Reply