Just Accept?

To solve world problems

Moderator: Moderators

Beyonder
Student

Just Accept?

Post #1

Post by Beyonder »

How about we just accept each other without backlash of race,gender,sexual orientation, and or religion? We are keeping the negative/hate/evil alive when we bash one person specially for no reason.

Wootah
Savant

Re: Just Accept?

Post #2

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 1 by Beyonder]

In theory good, in practise not so good. Why do you think this is so?

Does God accept us as we are?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Zzyzx »

Wootah wrote: In theory good, in practise not so good. Why do you think this is so?
Human nature.
Wootah wrote: Does God accept us as we are?
Evidently not. According to those who claim to know about such things, one must "believe", follow rules, ask forgiveness, repent, and/or be baptized in an approved church (or whatever is popular in various sects).
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Hamsaka
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Hamsaka »

Beyonder wrote: How about we just accept each other without backlash of race,gender,sexual orientation, and or religion?
The purported only true source of human morality is a carefully preserved history of backlash against race, gender, sexual orientation and religion. It's really no wonder.
We are keeping the negative/hate/evil alive when we bash one person specially for no reason.
But these are the reasons we MUST bash one another over the head!

Raimer
Student

Post #5

Post by Raimer »

Earth and humanity is destined to get destroyed. The day of reckoning.

No matter what humanity does it can not escape its destiny.

It is better to just accept reality and not make up children stories to feel better emotionally. Why be weak?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #6

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by Beyonder]

I'm all for that. Tolerance is the key. That doesn't mean to believe everything is right but accept people's right to self determination.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Monta
Guru

Post #7

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 3 by Zzyzx]

"Wootah wrote:
Does God accept us as we are?"

"Evidently not. According to those who claim to know about such things, one must "believe", follow rules, ask forgiveness, repent, and/or be baptized in an approved church (or whatever is popular in various sects)."

Also according to those who claim to know such things God is love and He loves everybody. As with earthly parents there are rules. Some call it tough love.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by nobspeople »

Beyonder wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:29 pm How about we just accept each other without backlash of race,gender,sexual orientation, and or religion? We are keeping the negative/hate/evil alive when we bash one person specially for no reason.
There is a reason though: because some people relish in it.
I'm not one of them, but I see it all too often - people being hateful just 'cause, or that the actually enjoy it.
Also, I see people being honest and or making a simple statement and others getting upset with them for no reason other than they think everyone must think like them.
Overall I agree, but to do this, it takes grassroots changes at home when people are babies and kids - teach them people are different and that's OK. That, IMO, is where it needs to start.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by Purple Knight »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:15 pm [Replying to post 1 by Beyonder]

I'm all for that. Tolerance is the key. That doesn't mean to believe everything is right but accept people's right to self determination.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
How far should we extend this? We don't generally tolerate the behaviour of murdering ourselves and our loved ones, but should we?

I can understand how this might sound like a sarcastic question but it's not. I personally struggle with the idea of self-defence because it is, after all, still violence, and if violence is wrong then self-defence is wrong. And there's always the possibility, however slim, of thinking you were self-defending when you were actually initiating violence.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #10

Post by nobspeople »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:15 pm [Replying to post 1 by Beyonder]

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
The few JWs I know are only tolerant of their own kind, so seeing another JW make this statement causes a raised eyebrow.

I see a lot of people (but, specifically for the sake of this forum, believers) not accepting others' rights of self in today's world.
Seems too often we see people (believers or no) make such grand statements which, in reality, they don't support.
Like they say, actions speak louder than words!
Have a great, potentially godless, day!