Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Jehovah's Witnesses: False Prophecies

Post #1

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

First off, let me preface this by saying the following..

1. As mentioned on another thread, I have many years invested in dealing with Jehovah's Witnesses (JW's), from family, to friends, to strangers. I am very familiar with them and their theology.

2. I am beginning a series of threads attacking their "Christian" theology and doctrine. This one, as titled, deals with Jehovah's Witnesses and their false prophecies.

3. I have beef with, not only JW's, but ANYONE of whom I believe to be spreading false Christian doctrine. This includes, but not limited to...

A.) Mormons
B.) Catholics
C.) World Mission Society Church of God
D.) Hebrew Israelites

Jehovah's Witnesses are just one of many false Christian denominations. But, we are talking about Jehovah's Witnesses for now.

So, the question is ultimately; Why do I feel as if Jehovah's Witnesses are false teachers? There are many reasons, and one of those reasons is their many failed attempts at predicting prophecy.

Before I continue on post #2, keep in mind that future threads in this series will go straight to the gusto, with no preface.

Just FYI.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: False Prophecies

Post #151

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:25 pm
Yes well usually people raise a point, support it and we debate it. I appreciate it may take time to go and cut and paste from an anti-witness websites
About as much time as it may take you to copy and paste from jw.org.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #152

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Maybe it would be best for your credibility to refrain from statements and claims until you are ready to present proof to support them.
I await your scriptures.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

tam
Savant

Post #153

Post by tam »

Peace to you!

Since you (jws in general) are aware that the WTS/writers/elders/GB/etc... are not infallible, that they give their opinions and beliefs, that they do make mistakes, including being mistaken in their predictions, as well as in their interpretation and understanding of scripture...

WHY in the world would you listen to them and their interpretations of scripture over and above Christ Himself?

By this point, I am sure you know what I am referring to:

1 - that Christ said to eat His flesh and drink His blood (currently via the bread and wine that mean His body and blood), and to keep doing that (eating and drinking) in remembrance of Him until He returns. That He said anyone may do this, and that He told the apostles to teach the new disciples to obey everything He had commanded them (the apostles). He even said that unless one eats His flesh and drinks His blood that one has no life in them. He also said that anyone may eat His flesh and drink His blood.

But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. John 6:50

Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” John 6:53-58

If anyone is telling you something else, there is something wrong, because they are contradicting Christ. Christ did not teach that only some may eat and some may not. On the contrary, Christ told the apostles to teach the disciples to obey everything He had commanded them.

If there was another denomination in Christendom, teaching her people to do something that is the opposite of what Christ said to do (regardless of how elaborate their explanation or interpretation might be), you guys would be all over that (and rightly so). But here the JW leadership is teaching the opposite of what Christ taught, and many are listening to their commands instead of to Christ's.

(side point: Using Daniel 4 to support the end of 'the times of the gentiles' is also a big mishmash of interpretation, of taking some scriptures and applying them here or there, saying this number means this or that (pretty much the same thing that other 'predictors' have done and yet their predictions have also proven to be false). The only reason 'the times of the gentiles ending' has not been PROVEN false - empirically - is because the meaning is being interpreted in various ways that cannot be shown. Whereas the prediction that the end of this system of things happening in 1914 can be proven false because it never happened. Christ also did not return in 1914. Every eye did not see Him. No one was resurrected and taken up at that time (which happens all at once - those in Christ who are alive on the earth being taken up and to meet Christ and those who had died in Him, coming with Him).

Regardless, men who tell people to do the opposite of what Christ taught (and what He told the apostles to teach the disciples)... shouldn't that be a big red flag? That doesn't mean other denominations are correct of course. None of them are true. It is not to religion that we should go. It is not a religion that God told us to listen to.

There is only the One who is the Truth: Christ Jaheshua.

"Lord to WHOM shall we go. YOU have the words of eternal life." John 6:68 (and note that this comes on the heels of the very issue we are discussing, about eating and drinking the flesh and the blood of Christ)

Not the WTS. Not the RCC. Not the LDS. Not Calvin. Not Baptists.

Christ is the one who has the words of eternal life, the one to whom we should come.

May anyone wishing and anyone thirsting, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of Life!"

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #154

tam wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:50 pm Peace to you!

Since you (jws in general) are aware that the WTS/writers/elders/GB/etc... are not infallible, that they give their opinions and beliefs, that they do make mistakes, including being mistaken in their predictions, as well as in their interpretation and understanding of scripture...

WHY in the world would you listen to them and their interpretations of scripture ....?

Because scripture tells us to.
HEBREWS 13:17 - Literal Standard Version

Be obedient to those leading you, and be subject, for these watch for your souls ...

tam wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:50 pm
.... over and above Christ Himself?

FALSE DICHOTOMY : Christ himself doesn't speak directly to God's people today. He guides them by means of his "faithful,and discreet (wise /sensible) slave".
MATTHEW 24:45 - New Living Translation

“A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them.

JW

RELATED POSTS

Is infallibility a condition of "being lead by God's spirit"?
viewtopic.php?p=1045270#p1045270

Why do Jehovahs Witnesses listen to their governing body ? [this post]
viewtopic.php?p=1045333#p1045333

What do Jehovahs Witnesses mean when they speak of "the truth"?
viewtopic.php?p=998018#p998018

Can Gods servants share their personal OPINIONS ?
viewtopic.php?p=1045224#p1045224

Is there any evidence Jehovahs Witnesses are being guided by God's spirit ?
viewtopic.php?p=1045275#p1045275

What is the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 41#p898341
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

ORGANISATION, ORGANISATIONAL INFALLIBILITY and ...RELIGIOUS TRUTH

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

tam
Savant

Post #155

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:51 pm
tam wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:50 pm Peace to you!

WHY in the world would you listen to them and their interpretations of scripture ....?

Because scripture tells us to.
HEBREWS 13:17 - Literal Standard Version

Be obedient to those leading you, and be subject, for these watch for your souls ...

tam wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:50 pm
.... over and above Christ Himself?

FALSE DICHOTOMY : Christ himself doesn't speak directly to God's people today. He guides them by means of his "faithful,and discreet (wise /sensible) slave".
MATTHEW 24:45 - New Living Translation

“A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them.

JW

If "the faithful and discreet slave" taught people to do the opposite of what Christ commanded and taught, could it truly be the "faithful and discreet slave"?

Peace again to you.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #156

tam wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:35 pm

If "the faithful and discreet slave" taught people to do the opposite of what Christ commanded and taught, could it truly be the "faithful and discreet slave"?
No. Are you suggesting that is the case with Jehovahs Witnesses? If so I hope you have your references and bible at the ready.

Over to you.

JW

tam
Savant

Post #157

Post by tam »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:38 pm

No.

JW

Then I refer you back to post #153

viewtopic.php?p=1045332#p1045332

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #158

tam wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:44 pm

No.

JW

Read it. There is nothing in that post that demonstrates the Jehovahs Witnesses oppose the teachings of Christ.

Why do most Jehovah's Witnesses not eat the bread or drink the wine at their memorial commemoration?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 20#p961920

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

HEAVEN , THE 144, 000 and ... THE MILLENIUM

tam
Savant

Post #159

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:46 pm
tam wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:44 pm

No.

JW

Read it. There is nothing in that post that demonstrates the Jehovahs Witnesses oppose the teachings of Christ.
It is there.

Christ said to eat His flesh and drink His blood. Christ said that anyone may eat. Christ said that unless one eats His flesh and drinks His blood, one has no life in them.

Is that what the JW religion teaches? OR... is this command and teaching buried under the 'interpretation' of men?
Why do most Jehovah's Witnesses not eat the bread or drink the wine at their memorial commemoration?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 20#p961920

Yet the above reasoning is the interpretation of men who admittedly interpret according to their own beliefs and opinions (as you have said), and who admittedly can and DO make mistakes in their predictions and their interpretations, right?

Peace again to you.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #160

tam wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:34 pm

Yet the above reasoning is the interpretation of men who admittedly interpret according to their own beliefs and opinions (as you have said)?

No, they interpret according to scripture. They are of the opinon/they believe that is what Gods word says. I agree because scripure is clear enough in this case.

JW