JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

Jesus prayed to YHWH, the Father, not to himself. (E.g., Matthew 26:39,42; John 11:41,42; John 17:1-26.) Would he have been praying to himself?

He continually referred to himself as "God's SON," not YHWH Himself. (John 5:19; John 8:28,29; John 10:36; John 17:1.) Even the Jews who hated him recognized that fact (John 19:7). Can he be his own Son?

He applied Isaiah 61:1,2 to himself, at Luke 4:17-21, showing that he was the one anointed BY YHWH, and sent BY YHWH. There are incontrovertibly two Persons mentioned in the passage, and YHWH is the One calling the shots. The anointed one does what YHWH wants. How could they be the same Person?

Psalm 110 is also applied to Jesus at Acts 2:34,35. He is the "Lord," or Messiah, that YHWH speaks to. Was YHWH talking to Himself?

I think that just these few points would show plainly that Jesus is not YHWH. Can anyone explain how THESE REFERENCES, ABOVE, can possibly agree with the premise that Jesus is YHWH? I'm not asking for other Scriptures to be brought in without commenting ON the verses I am asking about. Please give me your reasoning concerning these particular Scriptures. Thank you.

tam
Savant

Re: JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Post #601

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:01 am [Replying to tam in post #599]

You may try as you may to belittle the name "Jehovah,"

I am simply stating truthfully that it is incorrect, owh.
but many people will use it because it is the most popular pronunciation, thanks to the 1611 version of the Holy Bible and the English pronunciation shortly after that (from "Iehovah" to "Jehovah").
Does popularity make it right? True?
Someone brought out the point of....if "Yahweh" is the closest pronunciation, why not use it?

Your people brought out that point (though they said it is 'more accurate' than "Jehovah" and acknowledged that "Jehovah" is based and derived upon an error... the very error of not pronouncing the name of God to begin with!) But then your people turned around and ALSO did not use the name they acknowledged to be more accurate. Choosing instead to use what was 'familiar', 'popular', 'traditional'. As if those things are more important than TRUTH, even when it comes to the very name of the Father and to the name that HE gave to His Son.

Your people rebuked the clergy in Christendom for not using something they know to be more accurate, and then they turned around and did the very same thing.
People avoid any mention of the Father, sadly. Surely Yehoshua guides you to praise his Father, as he does himself.
Jaheshua does, yes.
Remind me please.....what do you call the Father?
His name is JAH(VEH). (Psalm 68:4; and of course I am sure you know that "hallelujah" means "Praise JAH". The "J" makes the 'y' sound instead of the hard 'j' sound. And His name is in the name of many prophets - Elijah means my God is JAH. As well as in the name of His Son, "Jah'eshua" - meaning JAH saves/savior of JAH.)

I call Him by His name (JAH, at times, or JAHVEH), and also Father.

Peace again to you, and to you all,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #602

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:15 pm Peace to you,

but many people will use it because it is the most popular pronunciation, thanks to the 1611 version of the Holy Bible and the English pronunciation shortly after that (from "Iehovah" to "Jehovah").
Someone brought out the point of....if "Yahweh" is the closest pronunciation, why not use it?

Your people brought out that point (though they said it is 'more accurate' than "Jehovah" and acknowledged that "Jehovah" is based and derived upon an error... the very error of not pronouncing the name of God to begin with!) But then your people turned around and ALSO did not use the name they acknowledged to be more accurate. Choosing instead to use what was 'familiar', 'popular', 'traditional'. As if those things are more important than TRUTH, even when it comes to the very name of the Father and to the name that HE gave to His Son.

Your people rebuked the clergy in Christendom for not using something they know to be more accurate, and then they turned around and did the very same thing.
People avoid any mention of the Father, sadly. Surely Yehoshua guides you to praise his Father, as he does himself.
Jaheshua does, yes.
His name is JAH(VEH). (Psalm 68:4; and of course I am sure you know that "hallelujah" means "Praise JAH". The "J" makes the 'y' sound instead of the hard 'j' sound. And His name is in the name of many prophets - Elijah means my God is JAH. As well as in the name of His Son, "Jah'eshua" - meaning JAH saves/savior of JAH.)

tammy
Aren't you contradicting yourself when you use the "J"? That was not part of the true pronunciation, according to your reasoning.

Whatever the case, Jehovah's name is pronounced differently in the many cultures around the world, just as all of our names are pronounced differently. "Paul" in Spanish is "Pablo," and "Peter" in French is "Pierre." Why quibble?

tam
Savant

Post #603

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:11 pm
tam wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:15 pm Peace to you,

Jaheshua does, yes.

tammy
Aren't you contradicting yourself when you use the "J"? That was not part of the true pronunciation, according to your reasoning.
I am not contradicting myself. Did you not see where I wrote that the "J" makes the "Y" sound?

Some of you keep trying to find fault with me so that you can dismiss the truth that I shared, that "Jehovah" is not the name of God, and that this name "Jehovah" was in fact derived (according to your own literature!) from the erroneous practice of inserting 'adonai' or 'elohim' in place of the name of God. But this fact does not change even if you do find fault with me.
Whatever the case, Jehovah's name is pronounced differently in the many cultures around the world, just as all of our names are pronounced differently. "Paul" in Spanish is "Pablo," and "Peter" in French is "Pierre." Why quibble?
"Jehovah" is not the name of God (the God and Father of Christ). It is not just a pronunciation error; the name itself is wrong, has always been wrong. Your own literature states that it is derived from the erroneous practice of inserting 'adonai' or 'elohim' in place of the name of God. Your own people rebuked the clergy in Christendom for not using a name they know is more accurate, and then they turn around and do the EXACT SAME thing. Your own people chose to use an incorrect name based on TRADITION, familiarity, popularity. Not based on truth. How is that okay?

As for "quibbling", I think that is a question you might want to ask yourself. All I did was state in a previous post - in an aside - that "Jehovah" was incorrect. Out of all the things that had been posted, that is the one thing you chose to hone in on. Why... if not because you recognize that this IS important? That this truth DOES matter?

Peace again to you,
tammy

onewithhim
Savant

Post #604

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to tam in post #603]

Yes, the truth does matter. I and others have brought to your attention the reasons why "Jehovah" is an acceptable pronunciation....just as acceptable as "Yahvey." You argue that we don't know the acceptable pronunciation and that JWs are wrong, yet you insist on YOUR pronunciation. You are definitely contradicting yourself.

We will have to agree to disagree. Have a nice day.

tam
Savant

Post #605

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:21 pm [Replying to tam in post #603]

Yes, the truth does matter. I and others have brought to your attention the reasons why "Jehovah" is an acceptable pronunciation....just as acceptable as "Yahvey."

"Jehovah" is not true. Even according to your own literature, your own NWT translators. But that information is there - in black and white - if anyone cares to see it for themselves. I can't make you or anyone else do that.
You argue that we don't know the acceptable pronunciation and that JWs are wrong, yet you insist on YOUR pronunciation. You are definitely contradicting yourself.
A - Your own literature argues that you do not know the pronunciation (you said that yourself actually, and just because you declare something to be acceptable does not mean that it IS acceptable - otherwise LORD in place of YHWH would be acceptable just because the rest of Christendom has declared it to be acceptable). And once again, your own literature states that "Jehovah" is based upon/derived from an error (and from the erroneous practice of NOT saying the divine name).

B - I did not insist upon anything. You ASKED, and so I bore witness to the name that I have received of the Father (as well of as His Son). What you do with that is up to you.

C - This is the second time that you have falsely stated that I am contradicting myself. You were wrong the first time you said it; and I STILL did not contradict myself.

Peace again to you.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #606

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to tam in post #605]

Whether or not you are contradicting yourself we will leave to the thoughts of the other good people here who are observing the discussion. I have said that we have to agree to disagree, and I have wished you a good day.

tam
Savant

Post #607

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:47 pm [Replying to tam in post #605]

Whether or not you are contradicting yourself we will leave to the thoughts of the other good people here who are observing the discussion.
Or you could just support what you said. Show exactly where I contradicted myself. If indeed I did.
I have said that we have to agree to disagree,

We have no choice but to disagree... though I'm not sure why you made an issue out of it to being with then? Because everything I said about the name "Jehovah" is backed up, even according to your own literature. I did not state anything false, and if truth really is what matters, then what is the issue?

And yes, you wished me a good day. You also accused me of contradicting myself - again - and I have not. Again.

But, as stated, the information (on the name) is there for anyone to read if they so choose.

Peace still to you.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #608

Post by onewithhim »

tam wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:52 pm Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:47 pm [Replying to tam in post #605]

Whether or not you are contradicting yourself we will leave to the thoughts of the other good people here who are observing the discussion.
Or you could just support what you said. Show exactly where I contradicted myself. If indeed I did.
I have said that we have to agree to disagree,

We have no choice but to disagree... though I'm not sure why you made an issue out of it to being with then? Because everything I said about the name "Jehovah" is backed up, even according to your own literature. I did not state anything false, and if truth really is what matters, then what is the issue?

And yes, you wished me a good day. You also accused me of contradicting myself - again - and I have not. Again.

But, as stated, the information (on the name) is there for anyone to read if they so choose.

Peace still to you.
Yes, hopefully people will look at both sides of the issue here, yours and mine. God's name consists of four Hebrew letters, which is known as the Tetragrammaton, "YHWH," and is translated according to the language of that particular group of people who are translating it. There are many who do not even use the "J." Just as long as people are using God's name, it is being fair to Him.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #609

Post by onewithhim »

Sorry to get off the topic. Any more comments are welcome!