Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Paradise on Earth

Post #2351

Post by onewithhim »

William wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:13 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2292]
Who is suggesting God is going to "fiddle with the laws of this universe"? I presume you are referring to altering the physical laws that govern our material carbon based universe? Who said God was going to do this?
Entities of Particular Belief Systems said as much.

But if you disagree, then we agree.

I have been informed that the whole Universe has been set up the way it has and that consciousness will be involved with it throughout the process.

Maintaining paradise will be tricky and building it, tricker still.
Is it "too tricky" for our Creator? I think not.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2352

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:39 pm It has been written many times here on this thread that there are two groups of people---people with different hopes. There is the 144,000 group, people who have been chosen by Jehovah to go to heaven to rule with Christ over the earth. Then there is the "great multitude" (KJV) that will live on the earth forever as physical humans. The difference can be seen when we look at Revelation 7:4 and 9. Two distinct groups.

We on the earth will not be changed to spirits. I quoted Isaiah 11:1-9 to show that the new earth will be very physical, with animals along with humans. There are no animals in the spirit world. The 144,000 will be changed to spirits, but not those with the earthly hope.
I've never been able to get an answer on this -- but I think you are leaving some people out all together.

What about nonbelievers? Where are they, and what is their fate? They are probably the largest group of people.

William
Savant

Post #2353

Post by William »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:43 pm
William wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:13 pm [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2292]
Who is suggesting God is going to "fiddle with the laws of this universe"? I presume you are referring to altering the physical laws that govern our material carbon based universe? Who said God was going to do this?
Entities of Particular Belief Systems said as much.

But if you disagree, then we agree.

I have been informed that the whole Universe has been set up the way it has and that consciousness will be involved with it throughout the process.

Maintaining paradise will be tricky and building it, tricker still.
Is it "too tricky" for our Creator? I think not.
Of course.

I did not say it would be 'too' tricky.

William
Savant

Post #2354

Post by William »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #2352]
What about nonbelievers? Where are they, and what is their fate? They are probably the largest group of people.
YHWH has something for everyone. :)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2355

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:17 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2352]
Well, that really nailed it down.

Powerful argument.

William
Savant

Post #2356

Post by William »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:36 pm
William wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:17 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #2352]
Well, that really nailed it down.

Powerful argument.
Exactly.

What more need be added. :)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #2357

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:53 pm What more need be added. :)
Oh, oh, oh .. . I know this one!

An answer to the question.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #2358

Post by JehovahsWitness »

William wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:42 pm
He/his /him is the biblical choice of pronouns.
The choice of pronouns was the choice of those men who wrote it that way.
No, they wrote down what God inspired them to ...

2 PETER 1:20

For you know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.

So it is not the men that wrote the bible that conveyed God's chosen pronouns its YHWH God Himself. It says so right there in the bible.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #2359

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:14 pm
onewithhim wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:39 pm It has been written many times here on this thread that there are two groups of people---people with different hopes. There is the 144,000 group, people who have been chosen by Jehovah to go to heaven to rule with Christ over the earth. Then there is the "great multitude" (KJV) that will live on the earth forever as physical humans. The difference can be seen when we look at Revelation 7:4 and 9. Two distinct groups.

We on the earth will not be changed to spirits. I quoted Isaiah 11:1-9 to show that the new earth will be very physical, with animals along with humans. There are no animals in the spirit world. The 144,000 will be changed to spirits, but not those with the earthly hope.
I've never been able to get an answer on this -- but I think you are leaving some people out all together.

There will be people, due to never hearing the truth, or because of mental challenges, or other reasons that Jehovah takes into consideration, who will be given the chance to learn the truth about Jehovah during the Thousand-Year Reign of Christ. Jehovah's Witnesses are gearing up mentally to welcome these people and to teach them.

William
Savant

Post #2360

Post by William »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #2358]
So it is not the men that wrote the bible that conveyed God's chosen pronouns its YHWH God Himself. It says so right there in the bible.
As already pointed out, it says a lot in the bible and the evidence is clear that not all who claim the bible is authoritative, interpret the bible in the same way, so it can be deduced from that evidence that the bible - even if written by men claiming they were under the direct influence of YHWH that this was done using men with differing views/beliefs about things.
YHWH still has to contend with the beliefs of those being inspired.

YHWH is not bound by the Bible as far as inspiring folk to write down their relationship with YHWH.

There is nothing written in the bible that specifically prohibits YHWH from being referred to in the feminine.

"Let US create" The Father and The Mother together create the Children...that is the nature of life on this planet.
If it were not so, the YHWH would not have also created the Hermaphrodite. Since the Hermaphrodite exists, your charge of 'disrespect' is unfounded.

My interest is in the OP thread subject specific to the belief that this planet is going to be one's home forever. If you cannot discuss that with me because you are somehow 'offended' by my referring to YHWH with the terminology I am using, then that is your choice.

I have made it plain with supporting argument that there is absolutely no disrespect on my part in referring to YHWH as the Matriarch. You have not shown that there is.

Let us move on...