Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Jesus did not declare Paul a trust-worthy person. Did he, please?
Regards

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #41

Post by brianbbs67 »

The basic message of the whole God thing, is be good do good, receive Good. It only has worked for me 50 years.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #42

Post by Justin108 »

brianbbs67 wrote: The basic message of the whole God thing, is be good do good, receive Good. It only has worked for me 50 years.
What about the whole "don't be gay" part?

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #43

Post by brianbbs67 »

Justin108 wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: The basic message of the whole God thing, is be good do good, receive Good. It only has worked for me 50 years.
Good is defined as doing as God is or does, says or is against. Sin is breaking His law(written or natural). So that is covered. He seems to be against it strongly as it violates the purpose he designed us for. However, it is like any other sin. Some will commit it and it can be forgiven. Staying in a sinful state after repeated forgiveness is subject to harsher judgement according to the book. I don't believe anyone is born that way, though. Usually involves molestation at an early age or poor moral teaching at home.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #44

Post by Justin108 »

brianbbs67 wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Good is defined as doing as God is or does, says or is against.
So if God said "raping children is good", it would then be defined as good?
brianbbs67 wrote: I don't believe anyone is born that way, though.

Twin studies have confirmed there is in fact a genetic aspect to homosexuality.
brianbbs67 wrote: Usually involves molestation at an early age or poor moral teaching at home.
Do you have anything to back that up?

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #45

Post by brianbbs67 »

Justin108 wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote:
Justin108 wrote:
Good is defined as doing as God is or does, says or is against.
brianbbs67 wrote: I don't believe anyone is born that way, though.

Twin studies have confirmed there is in fact a genetic aspect to homosexuality.
brianbbs67 wrote: Usually involves molestation at an early age or poor moral teaching at home.
Do you have anything to back that up?
1 No, as HE is against that, vehemently.

2 Those studies are biased and even if true, that would only mean a defect one must overcome. Like genetic alcoholism.

3 Just life experience of others. Its my opinion. I am not going to research it right now, but i think its common knowledge that abused children tend to carry on the abuse.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #46

Post by Justin108 »

brianbbs67 wrote:
1 No, as HE is against that, vehemently.
Do you know what "if" means?
brianbbs67 wrote: 2 Those studies are biased
How are they biased? Do you even know how these studies were done? Or are you just assuming they're biased because you don't like the outcome?

brianbbs67 wrote:and even if true, that would only mean a defect one must overcome. Like genetic alcoholism.
It would also mean that it was God's mistake, not theirs. So a gay guy is being punished because God messed up his genes?
brianbbs67 wrote: 3 Just life experience of others. Its my opinion.
Ok so it doesn't mean much then.
brianbbs67 wrote:I am not going to research it right now, but i think its common knowledge that abused children tend to carry on the abuse.
Having consensual homosexual sex is not "abuse".

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #47

Post by brianbbs67 »

[Replying to post 46 by Justin108]

I could provide lots of scripture that shows its wrong behavoir and abomination to God. But, I don't think it would matter to you. You want to justify your choice to do such and their is none in the scripture as written. But, as I said before, it is only another sin for which we will be judged one day. I do not know for sure how that will be done. I just believe it is wrong and against nature and not genetic. If you do not, then problem solved for you.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #48

Post by Justin108 »

brianbbs67 wrote: [Replying to post 46 by Justin108]

I could provide lots of scripture that shows its wrong behavoir and abomination to God. But, I don't think it would matter to you. You want to justify your choice to do such and their is none in the scripture as written.
Justify my choice? I'm not gay.

I see you just ignored each of my questions so I'll post them again.

1. If God said "raping children is good", it would then be defined as good?

2. How are the twin studies on the genetic origin of homosexuality biased? Do you know how these studies were done?

3. If homosexuality is genetic, why does God punish people for his own mistake of making people gay?

brianbbs67
Guru

Post #49

Post by brianbbs67 »

Justin108 wrote:
brianbbs67 wrote: [Replying to post 46 by Justin108]

I could provide lots of scripture that shows its wrong behavoir and abomination to God. But, I don't think it would matter to you. You want to justify your choice to do such and their is none in the scripture as written.
Justify my choice? I'm not gay.

I see you just ignored each of my questions so I'll post them again.

2. How are the twin studies on the genetic origin of homosexuality biased? Do you know how these studies were done?

3. If homosexuality is genetic, why does God punish people for his own mistake of making people gay?
1. God would not do that to begin with, so the question is invalid.(Sodom and Gemorrah)

2. I don't know enough to render judgement. Other than Homosexuals are an aberration . Not a norm.

3. If pigs could fly...no need to deal with what ifs that aren't.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #50

Post by Justin108 »

brianbbs67 wrote:
1. God would not do that to begin with, so the question is invalid.(Sodom and Gemorrah)
Do you not understand the concept of a hypothetical situation?

IF God said "raping children is good", would it be defined as good?
brianbbs67 wrote:
2. I don't know enough to render judgement. Other than Homosexuals are an aberration . Not a norm.
Nice Red Herring. The question isn't whether it is a norm, the question was whether it is genetic.

And so what if it isn't a norm? Are all abnormal things wrong? Being left handed is abnormal. Are left handed people immoral now because they're abnormal? Having red hair and freckles is an abnormality. Is that immoral too?
brianbbs67 wrote:
3. If pigs could fly...no need to deal with what ifs that aren't.
The twin studies, the studies you choose to ignore, prove that there is a genetic component to homosexuality. This is not a "if pigs could fly" scenario. This is reality. But of course, you apparently choose to ignore reality in favor of confirmation bias.