The Atonement

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

The Atonement

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

To all true Christians there is nothing more important to our salvation than "The Atonement of Jesus Christ".

Having said that, is it not therefore extremely important to every individual to understand fully what and how the atonement works for our benefit?

What does the atonement do or does not do?

What is required on our part to receive the full benefits of the atonement?

What and when and by whom did the atonement begin?

Can anyone clearly show all scriptures pertaining to the atonement?

I look forward to hearing your "take" on this most important topic.

Kind regards,
RW

Brightfame52
Sage

Re: The Atonement

Post #481

Post by Brightfame52 »

Redeemed from the curse of the Law !

All for whom Christ died, whether they know of it or not, by His Death alone, they've been delivered from the curse of the Law, for He was made a curse for them Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

" redeemed from" the curse of the Law. The word from ek and means:

out of, from, by, away from

There is no way anyone for whom Christ died can be cursed by the Law, which gives strength to sin, no sin can be charged against them.

Now if Christ's Death alone hath done this, then how can any sin condemn anyone Christ died for. 1 Cor 15:56

The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Sin can only bring condemnation through or by means of God's violated Law Rom 4:15

15Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

So there cannot be any Law to violate, to cause trespass or transgression to bring about God's Wrath, to those Christ, by His Death hath redeemed from the curse of the Law, in which the law worketh wrath; but there is no broken and violated Law to cause God's wrath to those Christ died for.

So those experiencing God's Wrath in Jn 3:36 and Rom 1:18, most certainly cannot be anyone Christ died for, because by His Death alone, He redeemed them from the curse of the Law, a man's believing does not accomplish that, if it did, then it does something that Christ death did not do, which is Blasphemy !

This being redeemed from the curse of the law, is a once and for all completed act by Christ's Blood, and is not contingent upon any other future conditions ! 7

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #482

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:27 pm There is no way anyone for whom Christ died can be cursed by the Law, which gives strength to sin, no sin can be charged against them.
For example, if Christian priests and pastors abuse children, then no sin can be charged against them?

The scriptures claim that God is "just and true":
Revelation 15:3 wrote:. . . God Almighty; just and true are thy ways
Please explain how it is just and true for sins committed by those "for whom Christ died" to not be charged against them?

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #483

Post by Brightfame52 »

I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do!

Jn 17:4

4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

What was the Work ? it was Twofold, to seek and to save that which was Lost Lk 19:10

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Both to seek and to save are infinitive verbs, actions Christ must do, works He must do !

Folks it is a Lie to teach that Christ came to make saving possible or to make seeking possible. For if He did not seek that which was Lost, He failed His work and it was incomplete, and if He did not save that which was Lost, He failed His Work and it was not finished but incomplete !

The Father sent Him for that specific purpose Jn 10:36

36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

1 Tim 1:15

15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

This is the same aorist infinitive to save as in Lk 19:10

The question you and I must answer honestly today is if Christ really finished the work the Father gave Him to do , that is, did He seek and save all of the Lost that the Father desired to be sought and to be saved 1 Tim 2:4; Jn 6:37-40. Was Jesus Christ 100 % successful in seeking and in saving, all for whom the Father had a pleasure to be sought and to be saved ?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #484

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:55 pm I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do!

Jn 17:4

4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

What was the Work ?
<============ Here is the biblical explanation again, again: ==============>

Christians will be saved because Jesus gives them everlasting life!

The everlasting life He gives us is the one He qualified for by living a sinless life under the Old Testament Covenant between God and man. He was the only man to ever qualify for everlasting life under that covenant.

This feat allowed a New Testament Covenant to be written whereby everlasting spiritual bodied life for humans becomes a gift of God through Jesus Christ.

We are saved because Jesus gives His inheritance of everlasting life under the original covenant to us! That saves us from any second death because we are immortal and can no longer die.

Atonement of sin is no longer a requirement of gaining everlasting life. That was the requirement under the Old Testament Covenant!

All of us still sin. The wages of sin is still death, but death no longer applies to those who accept the gift of everlasting life -- as they can no longer die!

Jesus had to be born as a human, subject to the Old Testament Covenant between God and the nation of Israel, live a sinless life, and die.

That human work by Jesus would allow the fault in the original testament between God and mankind to be fixed. Perhaps it could be said that the Word (who created everything) "atoned" for the "fault" in the original testament. It was His design.

<=====================================>
Brightfame52 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:55 pmThe question you and I must answer honestly today is if Christ really finished the work the Father gave Him to do , that is, did He seek and save all of the Lost that the Father desired to be sought and to be saved 1 Tim 2:4; Jn 6:37-40. Was Jesus Christ 100 % successful in seeking and in saving, all for whom the Father had a pleasure to be sought and to be saved ?
Yes, He finished His earthly work! "It is finished."

His work allowed for the creation of the New Testament mechanism whereby believers in Christ may gain everlasting life.

And God chooses to grant everlasting life to those who believe in Christ.

That's it!

Notice that God does not decide which humans will believe in Jesus.

That is, each individual human will make their own personal and well-informed choice concerning whether to believe in Jesus as their Savior or reject Jesus as their Savior.

It's codified in the covenant, and God must abide by His covenants! :D

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #485

Post by Brightfame52 »

I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do! cont

Was Jesus 100 % successful in seeking and saving all for whom the Father had a Pleasure to be saved. Folks, if Christ did not seek and save all that the Father wanted to be sought and to be saved, then Christ failed and He lied when He said " I have finished the WORK which thou gavest me to do" There is no other way to put it. The Antichrist followers tell us that Christ only made salvation Possible or Available, but if that was true, then Lk 19:10 would be false !

10For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #486

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #484]

according to post 483 His work was twofold what is it please ?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #487

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:19 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #484]

Post 483 contains several errors. For example:
Brightfame52 wrote:Folks it is a Lie to teach that Christ came to make saving possible or to make seeking possible.
The purpose or work of Jesus was to fix the fault in the Old Testament and create a pathway by which man can be saved from the wages of their sins:
Hebrews 8:6-7 wrote:But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Brightfame52 wrote:For if He did not seek that which was Lost, He failed His work and it was incomplete, and if He did not save that which was Lost, He failed His Work and it was not finished but incomplete !
The expectation is not that all will be saved. There will be humans who do not desire to live forever, and God will not force everlasting life upon them!

The number expected to be saved is the "few". If all but a few is lost, that does not mean that Jesus failed in His work.

He provided the path to everlasting life, and it is up to us to choose that path if that is what we desire.

If not, we opt out by dying the second death.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #488

Post by Brightfame52 »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:21 am
Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:19 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #484]

Post 483 contains several errors. For example:
Brightfame52 wrote:Folks it is a Lie to teach that Christ came to make saving possible or to make seeking possible.
The purpose or work of Jesus was to fix the fault in the Old Testament and create a pathway by which man can be saved from the wages of their sins:
Hebrews 8:6-7 wrote:But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Brightfame52 wrote:For if He did not seek that which was Lost, He failed His work and it was incomplete, and if He did not save that which was Lost, He failed His Work and it was not finished but incomplete !
The expectation is not that all will be saved. There will be humans who do not desire to live forever, and God will not force everlasting life upon them!

The number expected to be saved is the "few". If all but a few is lost, that does not mean that Jesus failed in His work.

He provided the path to everlasting life, and it is up to us to choose that path if that is what we desire.

If not, we opt out by dying the second death.
You avoided answering a simple question.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #489

Post by myth-one.com »

Brightfame52 wrote:You avoided answering a simple question.
Good point!

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #490

Post by Brightfame52 »

About Christ's Suretyship !

Heb 7:22

By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

Gen 44:32

For thy servant became surety for the lad unto my father, saying, If I bring him not unto thee, then I shall bear the blame to my father for ever.

Those who are born into this world as sinners by nature, whom Christ was made a Surety for, they have no indebtedness to God's Law, they are born as sinners, as enemies by nature and children of wrath, with all their sins forgiven because they had been charged to Christ !7