Why Was Satan . . .

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Why Was Satan . . .

Post #1

Post by Miles »

. . . given power to tempt man, thus leading man into sin and eventually causing him to go to hell?

............................. Image

Couldn't god have done it without Satan's help?

myth-one.com
Savant

Re: Why Was Satan . . .

Post #71

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:13 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:14 am
Who says that Adam and Eve will be resurrected?

It is stated in the scriptures that every human will be resurrected:

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (I Corinthians 15:22)

And God inspired the scriptures:

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Since the scriptures state that all will be resurrected, and all includes Adam and Eve, and the scriptures are inspired by God, the answer to your question is that God says that Adam and Eve will be resurrected.
You don't know that.

I believe it because God inspired it to be written, and God cannot lie:

Titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

I'm not going to argue with or dispute God.
"All" will be resurrected?
Yes, all will be resurrected -- every deceased believer and nonbeliever. Believers will be resurrected to everlasting spiritual bodied life at the Second Coming, and nonbelievers will be resurrected as humans a thousand years later.

It's really clear in the scriptures that all deceased mankind will be resurrected.
onewithhim wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 pm How about "all that obeyed Jehovah and Jesus, or the ones with a heart inclined toward obedience which God will know.
Yes, those will be included.
onewithhim wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 pm There will be those at Armageddon annihilated and not resurrected, as Jesus will separate the "sheep" from the "goats." (Matthew 25:31-33 and 41)
Where does the Bible say that those at Armageddon who die will not be resurrected?

Why would they not be resurrected?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #72

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:22 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:13 pm
Who says that Adam and Eve will be resurrected?

It is stated in the scriptures that every human will be resurrected:

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. (I Corinthians 15:22)

And God inspired the scriptures:

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Since the scriptures state that all will be resurrected, and all includes Adam and Eve, and the scriptures are inspired by God, the answer to your question is that God says that Adam and Eve will be resurrected.
You don't know that.

I believe it because God inspired it to be written, and God cannot lie:

Titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

I'm not going to argue with or dispute God.
"All" will be resurrected?
Yes, all will be resurrected -- every deceased believer and nonbeliever. Believers will be resurrected to everlasting spiritual bodied life at the Second Coming, and nonbelievers will be resurrected as humans a thousand years later.

It's really clear in the scriptures that all deceased mankind will be resurrected.
onewithhim wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 pm How about "all that obeyed Jehovah and Jesus, or the ones with a heart inclined toward obedience which God will know.
Yes, those will be included.
onewithhim wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 pm There will be those at Armageddon annihilated and not resurrected, as Jesus will separate the "sheep" from the "goats." (Matthew 25:31-33 and 41)
Where does the Bible say that those at Armageddon who die will not be resurrected?

Why would they not be resurrected?
Because they would be evil. "Goats" if you will. Jehovah will see those people and give them their just reward at Armageddon the same as He will, at the end of the Thousand Year Reign, eradicate those who choose to follow Satan.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #73

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:22 pm Why would they not be resurrected?
onewithhim wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 pm Because they would be evil. "Goats" if you will.

The sheep and the evil "goats" will be resurrected according to the scriptures as inspired by God:

All = Every one.

I'll side with God's claim on this issue.

Not only do the scriptures confirm that all will be resurrected, they also state the order in which all will be resurrected.

Jesus was first, then deceased believers will be resurrected at the Second Coming, then deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected a thousand years after the Second Coming!

Jesus, plus deceased believers, plus deceased nonbelievers, equals all of mankind who died will be resurrected!

onewithhim
Savant

Post #74

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:59 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:22 pm Why would they not be resurrected?
onewithhim wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 pm Because they would be evil. "Goats" if you will.

The sheep and the evil "goats" will be resurrected according to the scriptures as inspired by God:

All = Every one.

Not only do the scriptures confirm that all will be resurrected, they also state the order in which all will be resurrected.

Jesus was first, then deceased believers will be resurrected at the Second Coming, then deceased nonbelievers will be resurrected a thousand years after the Second Coming!

Jesus, plus deceased believers, plus deceased nonbelievers, equals all of mankind who died will be resurrected!
Not every one. The verse says " in Christ all will be made alive." There is a conditional aspect of raising the dead. They either are followers of Jesus, or meek and teachable non-believers, or, children who cannot know what is required of them, or mentally challenged, and if none of those they are evil and will not be resurrected.

"Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb....For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be; yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be." (Psalm 37: 1,2,9,10, King James Version)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #75

Post by myth-one.com »

myth-one.com wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:59 pm The sheep and the evil "goats" will be resurrected according to the scriptures as inspired by God:

All = Every one.

Not every one. The verse says " in Christ all will be made alive." There is a conditional aspect of raising the dead.

The only conditional aspect is that one must be dead to be resurrected.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22-23)

All, every human who ever died, will be resurrected or made alive again. Jesus Christ was the first to be resurrected or made alive. The group that will be resurrected next are all dead Christians, "they that are Christ's", which will be resurrected at the Second Coming, or at His coming.

Dead nonbelievers will be resurrected after the 1,000 year Millennium:

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. . . . (Revelation 20:5)

Capbook
Apprentice

Post #76

Post by Capbook »

Miles wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:29 pm .

. . . given power to tempt man, thus leading man into sin and eventually causing him to go to hell?

............................. Image

Couldn't god have done it without Satan's help?

I believe God desires all men to be saved. Satan was given power to temp men for a time, and God has given us the power to chose (freewill). God doesn't want our allegiance to Him by force, but by love. 1John4:19.

1 Timothy 2:3-4
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.(NKJV)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #77

Post by onewithhim »

myth-one.com wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:23 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:59 pm The sheep and the evil "goats" will be resurrected according to the scriptures as inspired by God:

All = Every one.

Not every one. The verse says " in Christ all will be made alive." There is a conditional aspect of raising the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (I Corinthians 15:22-23)

All, every human who ever died, will be resurrected or made alive again. Jesus Christ was the first to be resurrected or made alive. The group that will be resurrected next are all dead Christians, "they that are Christ's", which will be resurrected at the Second Coming, or at His coming.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. . . . (Revelation 20:5)
That means that all the rest of the dead will be in line for everlasting life after the thousand years. Not that they will be resurrected then.

Capbook
Apprentice

Post #78

Post by Capbook »

onewithhim wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:52 pm

All = Every one.

That means that all the rest of the dead will be in line for everlasting life after the thousand years. Not that they will be resurrected then.
You say, "Not that they will be resurrected then".
May I know who you refer that word they?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #79

Post by onewithhim »

Capbook wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:10 am

All = Every one.

You say, "Not that they will be resurrected then".
May I know who you refer that word they?
The ones who take part in the second resurrection, those who will be living on the earth forever, in paradise conditions. They are ready to live forever after they pass the last test that Satan brings upon them at the end of the thousand years. That is what it means when it says they "come alive" at the end of the Millennial Reign.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #80

Post by myth-one.com »

All = Every one.

That's funny.

How can the dead stand in a line, or do anything else without first being resurrected back to life?