Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

The Tanager
Savant

Re: In The Beginning...

Post #91

Post by The Tanager »

[Replying to William in post #90]

I thought you meant if I didn't know the story, in which I think the one with the person would convey the idea that there was a voice/communication of some kind going on, where the one without the person doesn't. But, yes, if one knows the story, then I would agree with what you said.

William
Savant

Post #92

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:12 am [Replying to William in post #90]

I thought you meant if I didn't know the story, in which I think the one with the person would convey the idea that there was a voice/communication of some kind going on, where the one without the person doesn't. But, yes, if one knows the story, then I would agree with what you said.
So yes. about those stories...

I observe the explanation for any of them, can be told as 'we exist within a simulation' - created for a purpose which we should be able to intelligently work out.

In the telling of it, the instruction for humans is to go forth and to multiply and to subdue the planet.

The one speaking the instruction, is represented in many forms throughout the Bible, but considered to being the same VOICE behind those forms - be the form a burning bush, or even the atmospheric form of a disembodied external VOICE, such as when in the garden...YVHV uses what YVHV will to get the message across...

The Tanager
Savant

Post #93

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:46 pmSo yes. about those stories...

I observe the explanation for any of them, can be told as 'we exist within a simulation' - created for a purpose which we should be able to intelligently work out.

I agree. It can also be told via other kinds of creation views.
William wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:46 pmIn the telling of it, the instruction for humans is to go forth and to multiply and to subdue the planet.

For the burning bush story?
William wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:46 pmThe one speaking the instruction, is represented in many forms throughout the Bible, but considered to being the same VOICE behind those forms - be the form a burning bush, or even the atmospheric form of a disembodied external VOICE, such as when in the garden...YVHV uses what YVHV will to get the message across...

Yes, I agree.

William
Savant

Post #94

Post by William »

[Replying to The Tanager in post #93]
So yes. about those stories...

I agree. It can also be told via other kinds of creation views.
You would have to show me that is the case before I could agree with that, if indeed it were even important/relevant.
In the telling of it, the instruction for humans is to go forth and to multiply and to subdue the planet.
For the burning bush story?
No.
If, during the discussion we might continue to have, you feel that I am confused about which story of the Bibles many stories being referred to, please let me know.
Whatever I mention of whatever bible story, am I able to presume that you know the Bible stories well enough not to have to ask, or should I be more specific in the furture?
The one speaking the instruction, is represented in many forms throughout the Bible, but considered to being the same VOICE behind those forms - be the form a burning bush, or even the atmospheric form of a disembodied external VOICE, such as when in the garden...YVHV uses what YVHV will to get the message across...
Yes, I agree.
Okay.

We have both agreed that:
1: We exist within a creation.
2: Simulation Theory is a valid way to interpret the Biblical stories.

If there is any pattern in the overall stories which can give us a definitive answer;

Q: Why did YVHV create this universe and specifically place human beings within it for the purpose of us exploring, breeding and subduing it?

Note: I understand that there are most likely many conflicting answers, depending upon an individual's beliefs and interpretations of the bible stories and I am not interested in arguing about beliefs and interpretations.
I simply want one's impression or understanding of why one thinks that given the evidence humans have so far uncovered, YVHV does this to Humans.

For example, I have the impression you think that you never existed before you were born and although we have different opinions on that point, I seem to recall you argued that the personality/character you are, never existed prior to this experience you are currently having.

If I understand you correctly here, then we can agree that one of the main purposes for this universe and humans being within it, has to do with the formation of personalities/characters...and in relation to YHVH - these are for the purpose of then having the potential - to interact with YVHV.

What do you say to the above. - Agree? Disagree? Important things to iron out first?

The Tanager
Savant

Post #95

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:07 pmYou would have to show me that is the case before I could agree with that, if indeed it were even important/relevant.

It’s relevant only in the sense of the type of claim you are making about a simulation explanation.
William wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:07 pmWhatever I mention of whatever bible story, am I able to presume that you know the Bible stories well enough not to have to ask, or should I be more specific in the furture?

While I may know what story you are referring to, since our interpretations often differ greatly, it would probably be helpful to be more specific in the future.
William wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:07 pmFor example, I have the impression you think that you never existed before you were born and although we have different opinions on that point, I seem to recall you argued that the personality/character you are, never existed prior to this experience you are currently having.

If I understand you correctly here, then we can agree that one of the main purposes for this universe and humans being within it, has to do with the formation of personalities/characters...and in relation to YHVH - these are for the purpose of then having the potential - to interact with YVHV.

What do you say to the above. - Agree? Disagree? Important things to iron out first?

I agree.

William
Savant

Post #96

Post by William »

[Replying to The Tanager in post #95]

3: YVHV placed humans into this universe to grow personalities.

Do we agree? Disagree? Important things to iron out first?

The Tanager
Savant

Post #97

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:38 pmWe have both agreed that:

Do we agree?
I'm a little wary of "grow personalities" as it's an odd sounding phrase from my background and could have ideas attached to the concept that I don't hold. I would say something more like "YHVH created humans in a physical universe to be personalities." Does 3 include that sort of idea?

William
Savant

Post #98

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:48 pm
William wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:38 pmWe have both agreed that:

Do we agree?
I'm a little wary of "grow personalities" as it's an odd sounding phrase from my background and could have ideas attached to the concept that I don't hold. I would say something more like "YHVH created humans in a physical universe to be personalities." Does 3 include that sort of idea?
Re
Personalities
I am using the word "grow" in relation to both "Go forth and multiply" and "these [personalities] are for the purpose of then having the potential - to interact with YVHV." and growth being that which nature does - it is the nature of things to grow...

In this sense, YVVH is like unto a gardener...and that which is grown can talk and can commune with YVHV...

Re Biblical Stories:
This is also related to the burning talking bush whereby YVHV is a voice for nature and also analogies Jesus used [Matthew Chapter 13] re planting seeds for specific purposes to do with the individual personality and YVHV, which I am in no doubt you are aware of.

Agree?

The Tanager
Savant

Post #99

Post by The Tanager »

William
Savant

Post #100

Post by William »

[Replying to The Tanager in post #99]
I agree.
Q: Why did YVHV create this universe and specifically place human beings within it for the purpose of us exploring, breeding and subduing the planet?

A: To grow Human Personalities.

Q: To what advantage to the individual, is the above knowledge in relation to exploring, breeding and subduing the planet?