Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SanMan
Student

Does God have a favorit race of people?

Post #1

Post by SanMan »

Hello Everybody,
I'm new to this forum and I’ve been doing some thinking. And I want your thoughts on this too. This is for all you people who believe in God. If you don’t really believe in God you might not want to waste your time on this stuff. You might wanna pursue something else that’s worthwhile to you. Does God favor one race over another? Hmm? That’s a good question to ask yourself. Isn’t it?
I pose this question because it’s pretty evident that there are differences in the races. This spectrum of the races ranges all the way from the Whites to the blacks. It varies greatly. Oh yes, God is a god of variety. Variety is the spice of life. Right? I think God may have done it this way not only to make life interesting but also to show his great range. Wouldn’t you say? I’m a black guy and am 48 now. This reminds me of something some white guy was telling me 15 or 20 years ago. He was telling me that all the different races had their own vibrations frequency. And that the higher the frequency the more intelligent and good looking and classier and whatever else they are. In short the better you are. Then he said that White people had the highest vibration frequency and that blacks had the lowest frequency. Now at the time I wasn’t trying to hear none of that. That was a bunch of stupidness I thought. And who the heck does he think he is. The arrogant S.O.B. Thinking he’s better than me.
Now years later after some not so great experiences and having a little time to digest things and reflect I guess I sort of agree with him a little bit. I don’t know about the vibrations bit but there is a natural difference emanating from the genes of the races I think. Like I was telling this White pastor friend of mine when I was living in Spokane, WA. If you really look all throughout history, what race of people would you say was the most blessed race of all the races? The White race. Right? They had (and still do mind you) the best of everything. And in great abundance too. They were the pioneers in everything. They also dominated the other races. Whether it be enslaving them or taking their land or what have you. So I submit to you that God does bless or favor one race of people more so than any other. And there’s also a hierarchy of the races involved too. Whites at the top. Blacks at the bottom. Now don’t get me wrong guys after looking at the big picture I think it’s a perfectly designed scenario. Now I might not be the most ecstatic person in the world about it because the role I play in this movie is not the lead role. I’m actually more akin to one of the dare I say it …ahem… bad guys. Now whenever I suggest to a black person that Whites are …and I hate to use this term… “better� than blacks and that that’s the way God designed it. They get like I was 15 or 20 years ago and just ain’t goin for it. No way. No how. I never did ask a White person that though. But I suspect I know how they’ll respond based on what I’ve seen on film interviews and also what I’ve read. But that’s just a suspicion. I really would like to get your opinions on this question though. Regardless of what race you are. So please tell everybody what you think about this and your age and what race you are. Ok?

Remember now:

1) Do you think that God has blessed or favored one race of people more than the others?
2) If so which race has he blessed more so than any other?
3) How old are you?
4) What race do you belong to?

Thanks.

SanMan
Student

Does God have a favorite race?

Post #2

Post by SanMan »

Hello Everybody,
I'm new to this forum and I’ve been doing some thinking. And I want your thoughts on this too. This is for all you people who believe in God. If you don’t really believe in God you might not want to waste your time on this stuff. You might wanna pursue something else that’s worthwhile to you. Does God favor one race over another? Hmm? That’s a good question to ask yourself. Isn’t it?
I pose this question because it’s pretty evident that there are differences in the races. This spectrum of the races ranges all the way from the Whites to the blacks. It varies greatly. Oh yes, God is a god of great variety. Variety is the spice of life. Right? I think God may have done it this way not only to only to make life more interesting but also to show his great range. Wouldn’t you say? I’m a black man and am 48 now. This reminds me of something some white guy was telling me 15 or 20 years ago. He was telling me that all the different races had their own vibration's frequency. And that the higher the frequency the more intelligent and good looking and classier and whatever else they were. In short the higher the vibration frequency the better they are. Then he said that White people had the highest vibration frequency and that blacks had the lowest frequency. Now at the time I wasn’t trying to hear none of that. That was a bunch of stupidness I thought. And who the heck does he think he is. The arrogant S.O.B. Thinking he’s better than me.
Now years later after some not so great experiences and having a little time to digest things and reflect I guess I sort of agree with him a little bit. I don’t know about the vibrations bit but there is a natural difference emanating from the genes of the races I think. Like I was telling this White pastor friend of mine when I was living in Spokane, WA. If you really look all throughout history, what race of people would you say was the most blessed race of all the races? The White peoples of the world. Right? They had the best of everything (still do mind you). And in great abundance too. They were the pioneers in everything. They also dominated the other races. Whether it be enslaving them or taking their land or ruling their land (Remember India?). So I submit to you that God does bless or favor one race of people more so than any other. And there’s also a hierarchy of the races involved too. Whites at the top. Blacks at the bottom. Now don’t get me wrong guys after looking at the big picture I think it’s a perfectly designed scenario. Now I might not be the most ecstatic person in the world about it because the role I play in this movie is not the lead role. I’m actually more akin to one of the dare I say it …ahem… bad guys. Now whenever I suggest to a black person that Whites are …and I hate to use this term… “better� than blacks and that that’s the way God designed it. They get like I was 15 or 20 years ago and just ain’t goin for it. No way. No how. I never did ask a White person that though. But I suspect I know how they’ll respond based on what I’ve seen on film interviews and what I’ve read. But that’s just a suspicion. I really would like to get your opinions on this question. Regardless of what race you are. So please tell everybody what you think about this and your age and what race you are. Ok?

And remember:
1) Do you think that God has blessed or favored one race of people more than the others?
3) How old are you?
Thanks.

Wyvern
Under Probation

Post #3

Post by Wyvern »

Just to quickly answer your questions I'm a 44 year old white male and no I do not think god(if it even exists) favors one race over another.

A while back a man named Jared Diamond wrote a book called, "Germs, guns and steel", it turns this idea you put forward on its head. Instead of claiming that any particular race is intrinsically superior to another he looked at the geographic locations of where the various races started out in relation to where civilization started in the fertile crescent along with availability of important resources. He noted how europe is not all that far from mesopotamia and that the climate in southern europe at least is not that different either which greatly facilitated the transfer and proliferation of domesticated animals and plants. Africa on the other hand except for the northern part was essentially cut off from any benefits that could have sprang from the early developements of mesopotamia. This left Africa with few domesticated animals or plants of note in addition once europeans began trying to colonize the interior it became obvious that neither the people nor animals were well suited to the environment in large part due to native diseases which they had no immunity to much like how the native populations in the americas were wiped out by the diseases the europeans brought with them.

So in short no race is favored in any way other than the luck of being in the right location so they could use the developements already made by other cultures.

cnorman18

Does God have a favorite race of people?

Post #4

Post by cnorman18 »

I'm 59, white, and a former Methodist minister who converted to Judaism at the age of 50.

I think the Chinese have it all over the rest of us; they had an advanced civilization with written history, an artistic tradition, and systematic science while my own Celtic ancestors were still painting themselves blue and worshiping trees, and yours were more or less doing the same thing less the paint.

Most of the differences between the races are cultural and class-related and not genetic. Even there, they are tendencies, and not destiny. Auschwitz was produced by the most culturally, scientifically, technologically, and theologically advanced, and the whitest, nation in the world (theologians are still obliged to learn to read German).

"Blessed" means nothing. The question is, who will BE blessed by your people, or mine?

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by McCulloch »

How do you define race? The concept does not make sense to scientists.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

GentleDove
Apprentice

Re: Does God have a favorite race?

Post #6

Post by GentleDove »

SanMan wrote:Hello Everybody,
I pose this question because it’s pretty evident that there are differences in the races. This spectrum of the races ranges all the way from the Whites to the blacks. It varies greatly. Oh yes, God is a god of great variety. Variety is the spice of life. Right? I think God may have done it this way not only to only to make life more interesting but also to show his great range. Wouldn’t you say? I’m a black man and am 48 now. This reminds me of something some white guy was telling me 15 or 20 years ago. He was telling me that all the different races had their own vibration's frequency. And that the higher the frequency the more intelligent and good looking and classier and whatever else they were. In short the higher the vibration frequency the better they are. Then he said that White people had the highest vibration frequency and that blacks had the lowest frequency. Now at the time I wasn’t trying to hear none of that. That was a bunch of stupidness I thought. And who the heck does he think he is. The arrogant S.O.B. Thinking he’s better than me.
Now years later after some not so great experiences and having a little time to digest things and reflect I guess I sort of agree with him a little bit. I don’t know about the vibrations bit but there is a natural difference emanating from the genes of the races I think. Like I was telling this White pastor friend of mine when I was living in Spokane, WA. If you really look all throughout history, what race of people would you say was the most blessed race of all the races? The White peoples of the world. Right? They had the best of everything (still do mind you). And in great abundance too. They were the pioneers in everything. They also dominated the other races. Whether it be enslaving them or taking their land or ruling their land (Remember India?). So I submit to you that God does bless or favor one race of people more so than any other. And there’s also a hierarchy of the races involved too. Whites at the top. Blacks at the bottom. Now don’t get me wrong guys after looking at the big picture I think it’s a perfectly designed scenario. Now I might not be the most ecstatic person in the world about it because the role I play in this movie is not the lead role. I’m actually more akin to one of the dare I say it …ahem… bad guys. Now whenever I suggest to a black person that Whites are …and I hate to use this term… “better� than blacks and that that’s the way God designed it. They get like I was 15 or 20 years ago and just ain’t goin for it. No way. No how. I never did ask a White person that though. But I suspect I know how they’ll respond based on what I’ve seen on film interviews and what I’ve read. But that’s just a suspicion. I really would like to get your opinions on this question. Regardless of what race you are. So please tell everybody what you think about this and your age and what race you are. Ok?

And remember:
3) How old are you?
Thanks.
Hello SanMan, welcome to the board!

I'm a Christian, and you mentioned that you were interested in believers' opinions.

I want to preface my response by saying that I don't actually believe that different races of men exist. That is, there are different skin colors, tribes, tongues and nations, but we all descended from two people--Adam and Eve (who were most likely mid-brown, or maybe God made one black and one white). That is, there is only one race, the human race. Truly God has embedded a wonderful variety in the genetic code of the human race.

The idea of different races, to me, is an evolutionary idea--that races of human beings evolved separately and some are more evolved than, superior to, others. I don't believe that. I also don't believe in luck or vibration frequencies affecting the blessings or cursings one has.

1) & 2) I don't believe that God has favored people of one skin color more than others. The brief snippet of time we are more familiar with in the most recent past may have shown more abundant blessing upon white people.

However, blessing comes from knowing God and loving Him. It was the spread of the gospel throughout Europe that caused the blessing in their culture. Before the gospel, Europeans were brutal, naked, diseased, immoral, illiterate, technologically poor, lived at a subsistence level, engaged in slavery/despotism, and worshipped idols. This is how human beings are without the Light of Christ. And obviously, even at the "peak" of Western Civilization, there were parts of the Bible ignored, parts of the civilization remained in wickedness, as in chattel slavery by the kidnapping of people from Africa for forced slave labor. Now, as the gospel is fading from Western Civilization, we see a return to the immorality, the nakedness, the brutality, the poverty, the illiteracy, idol-worship, and even slavery in the form of debt, prostitution, or being a "wage slave."

Since we are all descended from the eight people on the ark, all people groups had a knowledge of the God of the Bible at one time in their past (for example, the Chinese character for "boat" consists of "vessel" + "eight" + "mouth" = eight people in a boat, or Noah's ark). There is evidence that after Noah's ark rested on the mountains of Ararat, the human race did indeed multiply and replenish the earth. The people going forth and exploring the post-flood world were pioneers of their time, and they reached North and South America, Far East Asia, and all of Africa. (I think the geographical isolation of various people groups, led to specialization in skin color, phenotype, etc.)

These early civilizations, living off the spiritual capital of the knowledge of God, became very great and mighty--the Aztecs, the Toltecs, the Egyptians, the Chinese, the Greeks, the Assyrian/Babylonians, the Ethiopians. And we are just beginning to learn about them. However, we know that they all collapsed into gross immorality and idolatry. Nothing good can be sustained without God.

I know very little about the great civilizations of sub-Sahara Africa, except perhaps the Zulus, but I have no doubt they existed. The gospel is seeing amazing progress in Africa now; in fact, African Christians are now sending missionaries to Europe and North America. :-) While Europe and North America are dying by the rejection of the gospel, the revival of the fear and knowledge of God is waking the people of Africa up, and I have no doubt that significant strides toward superiority will be made in the culture and character of black people in Africa.

I believe Christians, no matter what their surrounding culture is doing, have been and will be blessed by God and are enabled by Him to obey Him in terms of being productive, clean, clothed, creative, moral, self-disciplined with stable homes. They have Him to carry them through trials and afflictions. From my own observation, among black families in the United States, there is a sharp and dramatic difference in personal character and general blessing between the black believers and the black unbelievers.

3) I'm 36 years old.

4) I'm white.

GentleDove
Apprentice

Re: Does God have a favorit race of people?

Post #7

Post by GentleDove »

SanMan wrote:Hello Everybody,
I pose this question because it’s pretty evident that there are differences in the races. This spectrum of the races ranges all the way from the Whites to the blacks. It varies greatly. Oh yes, God is a god of variety. Variety is the spice of life. Right? I think God may have done it this way not only to make life interesting but also to show his great range. Wouldn’t you say? I’m a black guy and am 48 now. This reminds me of something some white guy was telling me 15 or 20 years ago. He was telling me that all the different races had their own vibrations frequency. And that the higher the frequency the more intelligent and good looking and classier and whatever else they are. In short the better you are. Then he said that White people had the highest vibration frequency and that blacks had the lowest frequency. Now at the time I wasn’t trying to hear none of that. That was a bunch of stupidness I thought. And who the heck does he think he is. The arrogant S.O.B. Thinking he’s better than me.
Now years later after some not so great experiences and having a little time to digest things and reflect I guess I sort of agree with him a little bit. I don’t know about the vibrations bit but there is a natural difference emanating from the genes of the races I think. Like I was telling this White pastor friend of mine when I was living in Spokane, WA. If you really look all throughout history, what race of people would you say was the most blessed race of all the races? The White race. Right? They had (and still do mind you) the best of everything. And in great abundance too. They were the pioneers in everything. They also dominated the other races. Whether it be enslaving them or taking their land or what have you. So I submit to you that God does bless or favor one race of people more so than any other. And there’s also a hierarchy of the races involved too. Whites at the top. Blacks at the bottom. Now don’t get me wrong guys after looking at the big picture I think it’s a perfectly designed scenario. Now I might not be the most ecstatic person in the world about it because the role I play in this movie is not the lead role. I’m actually more akin to one of the dare I say it …ahem… bad guys. Now whenever I suggest to a black person that Whites are …and I hate to use this term… “better� than blacks and that that’s the way God designed it. They get like I was 15 or 20 years ago and just ain’t goin for it. No way. No how. I never did ask a White person that though. But I suspect I know how they’ll respond based on what I’ve seen on film interviews and also what I’ve read. But that’s just a suspicion. I really would like to get your opinions on this question though. Regardless of what race you are. So please tell everybody what you think about this and your age and what race you are. Ok?

Remember now:

3) How old are you?

Thanks.
Oh, this is a duplicate OP; I answered here.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by McCulloch »

GentleDove wrote:
Oh, this is a duplicate OP; I answered here.

I merged the topics.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

SanMan
Student

Post #9

Post by SanMan »

Hello everybody,
Whew! It’s been a long time since I been here. Sorry. Thanks for responding all of you. Thanks for the welcome Gentle Dove. First of all guys please don’t get me wrong. I’m not here trying to create a schism in the body or a division or anything like that. So before I say anything else let me just say that if you take nothing else from this debate/discussion please know that we all have one thing in common and that is as I think Gentle Dove alluded to we are all part of one race and that’s the human race. I’m merely trying to point out an observation. It may not be pleasant but as adults I think we are mature enough to handle some unpleasant things sometimes. And because I don’t want to be guilty of what Paul the apostle talks about making a brother with a weak conscience stumble by giving strong meat to babes I would put up a little disclaimer here nor will I say that old cliché’, “If you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen�. No. Instead I’ll just say you might want to find another more entertaining topic or something to play with. That’s all.
Now that that’s said I will try to continue with my little opinion here. And remember that opinions are just like a--holes. Everybody’s got one. Ha! Ha! Well I will say this. I was a bit surprised at the responses. Based on some uninfluenced and natural video responses I’ve seen of other white people. I was expecting something else entirely. Wyvern when you said something like, “…that is if God even exist.� I knew what time it was then. I knew you would try to find holes in my argument. And you CNorman mentioned something about the Chinese having it all over the rest of us because of their great and advanced culture/history. To me CNorman that only goes to help prove my point. I know you might not have known what I was talking about but I was talking about the very recent modern history. Like the last one or two thousand years or so. Just in recent history alone the White man has eclipsed all of that. Wouldn't you say?
Another thing. It seems that unlike those uninfluenced by my presence video responses I mentioned earlier I believe that because I showed my hand letting you all know that I’m black I feel that I may be influencing your responses a little. It may be because you don’t want to hurt my feelings or it may be because you don’t want to hear this crap coming from me or whatever. So I propose that we get people of races other than our own (not white and not black) to chime in and give us their opinions. So if there’s anyone out there who is not white and not black either would you please answer a couple of little questions for us (I think I’ll rearrange the order of the questions a little bit too)?
1) What race and how old are you?
2) Do you think or suspect that God has blessed or “favored� one race of people more than any other race?
3) And finally, if so which race do you think he has blessed or “favored� most?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #10

Post by myth-one.com »

SanMan wrote:1) Do you think that God has blessed or favored one race of people more than the others?
Welcome SanMan! No, God does not play favorites. According to the Bible, God is just and true:
Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. (Revelation 15:3)
He judges all of us by our ways as opposed to appearance:
... I will judge you every one after his ways. (Ezekiel 33:20)
And He looks at character as opposed to outside appearance:
Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart. (I Samuel 16:7)
But having said that, God did select a subset of humanity to be His "chosen people." When they obeyed God they were to prosper and when they disobeyed God they were punished. This was to illustrate to mankind the pros/cons of obeying God. God promised never to abandon them totally. With that one "exception" God does not play favorites. Being God's "chosen people" can be a rough path and one that some might not consider as being a "favorite."

Anyway, mankind is the source of discrimination -- not God. Why discriminate? I believe it's because we need someone to blame for our failures; and point to Genesis for some verification. Note that neither Adam nor Eve accepted responsibility for their initial sin. Eve blamed the serpent and Adam blamed Eve and God Indirectly for giving him the woman in the first place -- "the woman whom thou gavest to be with me."
SanMan wrote:2) If so which race has he blessed more so than any other?
3) How old are you?
Not relevant!

Years ago I wrote a one page article regarding my thoughts on this topic. It's entitled: The Blame Game