Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

SanMan
Student

Does God have a favorit race of people?

Post #1

Post by SanMan »

Hello Everybody,
I'm new to this forum and I’ve been doing some thinking. And I want your thoughts on this too. This is for all you people who believe in God. If you don’t really believe in God you might not want to waste your time on this stuff. You might wanna pursue something else that’s worthwhile to you. Does God favor one race over another? Hmm? That’s a good question to ask yourself. Isn’t it?
I pose this question because it’s pretty evident that there are differences in the races. This spectrum of the races ranges all the way from the Whites to the blacks. It varies greatly. Oh yes, God is a god of variety. Variety is the spice of life. Right? I think God may have done it this way not only to make life interesting but also to show his great range. Wouldn’t you say? I’m a black guy and am 48 now. This reminds me of something some white guy was telling me 15 or 20 years ago. He was telling me that all the different races had their own vibrations frequency. And that the higher the frequency the more intelligent and good looking and classier and whatever else they are. In short the better you are. Then he said that White people had the highest vibration frequency and that blacks had the lowest frequency. Now at the time I wasn’t trying to hear none of that. That was a bunch of stupidness I thought. And who the heck does he think he is. The arrogant S.O.B. Thinking he’s better than me.
Now years later after some not so great experiences and having a little time to digest things and reflect I guess I sort of agree with him a little bit. I don’t know about the vibrations bit but there is a natural difference emanating from the genes of the races I think. Like I was telling this White pastor friend of mine when I was living in Spokane, WA. If you really look all throughout history, what race of people would you say was the most blessed race of all the races? The White race. Right? They had (and still do mind you) the best of everything. And in great abundance too. They were the pioneers in everything. They also dominated the other races. Whether it be enslaving them or taking their land or what have you. So I submit to you that God does bless or favor one race of people more so than any other. And there’s also a hierarchy of the races involved too. Whites at the top. Blacks at the bottom. Now don’t get me wrong guys after looking at the big picture I think it’s a perfectly designed scenario. Now I might not be the most ecstatic person in the world about it because the role I play in this movie is not the lead role. I’m actually more akin to one of the dare I say it …ahem… bad guys. Now whenever I suggest to a black person that Whites are …and I hate to use this term… “better� than blacks and that that’s the way God designed it. They get like I was 15 or 20 years ago and just ain’t goin for it. No way. No how. I never did ask a White person that though. But I suspect I know how they’ll respond based on what I’ve seen on film interviews and also what I’ve read. But that’s just a suspicion. I really would like to get your opinions on this question though. Regardless of what race you are. So please tell everybody what you think about this and your age and what race you are. Ok?

Remember now:

1) Do you think that God has blessed or favored one race of people more than the others?
2) If so which race has he blessed more so than any other?
3) How old are you?
4) What race do you belong to?

Thanks.

Shermana
Prodigy

Post #101

Post by Shermana »

Calling my interpretation false and near sighted and making an ad homine in no way whatsoever counts as a substitute for actually debunking what I said and giving your exegesis on the text, neither does telling me that you think it appears that I haven't read the Bible.

What it appears is that you can't actually answer for those quotes and you resort to attacks and changing the subject. That is most clear.

Feel free to ignore me and my reply just like you ignored the actual verse itself.

I don't see what's ridiculous or fallacious about anything I said, but I see plenty of ridiculousness and fallaciousness in your reply.

Jesus basically called the Canaanite woman a dog, accept it and move on.

Sum1sGruj
Banned
Banned

Post #102

Post by Sum1sGruj »

Shermana wrote:Calling my interpretation false and near sighted and making an ad homine in no way whatsoever counts as a substitute for actually debunking what I said and giving your exegesis on the text, neither does telling me that you think it appears that I haven't read the Bible.

What it appears is that you can't actually answer for those quotes and you resort to attacks and changing the subject. That is most clear.

Feel free to ignore me and my reply just like you ignored the actual verse itself.

I don't see what's ridiculous or fallacious about anything I said, but I see plenty of ridiculousness and fallaciousness in your reply.

Jesus basically called the Canaanite woman a dog, accept it and move on.
You debunk yourself. Jesus is everyone's Savior and it's plain as day in Scripture.
Why do you think there are over 2 billion Christians in the world? Why do you think there are so many brilliant people, non-Jewish, who have carried on the Bible for over 1600 years?

What does Jesus calling a Canaanite woman a dog have anything to do with anything? Canaanites were wealthy, and were pagans. They would sit back and merely watch Jews get rolled over, and so Jesus criticized her.
Canaan was also under a curse from Noah, but I don't even think that needs to have anything to do with it.
Jesus was for the Jews, but never in the entire Bible has God only been only for a group of people. You are taking advantage of the fact that God tended to them and using it to twist the truth of God.
Your simply just one of those ridiculous people who have nothing else to do except., well, be ridiculous. So please do not bring that garbage to me again insulting my Christian fellowship.

Shermana
Prodigy

Post #103

Post by Shermana »

Calling me a ridiculous person is not a substitute for actually explaining why Jesus called her a dog.

Please provide proof for your claim that Canaanites were generally wealthy. If you don't think Noah's curse has anything to do with it, that does not give you a right to claim I am insulting your "Christian fellowship" and being a ridiculous person.

If you consider my reply to be an insult to your Christian fellowship, contact a mod.

It appears you are saying that Jesus criticized her for something her people did as as a collective?

I have a right to my belief that when Jesus said to the Israelites "Ye are gods" he was being literal.

And I don't see why 2 billion feuding, bickering people (few of them who go to church) claiming to be "Christian" has anything to do with anything of the tangible reality of the claims.

As for Salvation being allowed to the gentiles, that is if they become grafts to the Tree of Israel. The gentiles come to Israel, Israel does not come to the gentile. I am assuming your belief is that by merely believing that Jesus is your saviour will do it.

otseng
Savant

Post #104

Post by otseng »

Sum1sGruj wrote: Your simply just one of those ridiculous people who have nothing else to do except., well, be ridiculous.
:warning: Moderator Warning

This would be considered a personal attack and would be against the rules.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Sum1sGruj
Banned
Banned

Post #105

Post by Sum1sGruj »

So I get told that I am an unworthy Christian by a Messianic Jew because I am not Jewish and I'm the one breaking the rules for calling him ridiculous.

Right. Justice has been served.

Shermana, you have a ridiculously skewed idea of Jesus and are resorting to attacking common, uncontroverial knowledge with technical bliss. Do you not know that you can open up the NT and find out in five minutes flat that you are wrong?

Do you know how much of an insult that is to pretty much all Christians? The Jewish people misunderstood their role with God, thinking that they were to be kings among men. Jesus revealed otherwise. Get over it, please.

Shermana
Prodigy

Post #106

Post by Shermana »

Sum1sGruj wrote:So I get told that I am an unworthy Christian by a Messianic Jew because I am not Jewish and I'm the one breaking the rules for calling him ridiculous.

Right. Justice has been served.

Shermana, you have a ridiculously skewed idea of Jesus and are resorting to attacking common, uncontroverial knowledge with technical bliss. Do you not know that you can open up the NT and find out in five minutes flat that you are wrong?

Do you know how much of an insult that is to pretty much all Christians? The Jewish people misunderstood their role with God, thinking that they were to be kings among men. Jesus revealed otherwise. Get over it, please.
1. Where did I call you specifically an unworthy Christian, even if I implied it.
2. Telling me my "attack" is "common" and "Uncontroversial" is not a substitute for actually disproving my claims.
3. Telling me that I can open up the NT and find out in five minutes that I'm wrong is not actually debating or proving how my point is wrong.
4. Telling me my view is an insult to "pretty much all Christians" (self declared "Christians" that is) is quite a compliment, but adds nothing to the debate. Do you tell Muslims that their view is an insult to pretty much all Christians too?
5. Where did Jesus reveal this otherwise exactly, especially in the face of "Ye are gods"? Scripture to back your claims please.

Sum1sGruj
Banned
Banned

Post #107

Post by Sum1sGruj »

Shermana wrote: 1. Where did I call you specifically an unworthy Christian, even if I implied it.
2. Telling me my "attack" is "common" and "Uncontroversial" is not a substitute for actually disproving my claims.
3. Telling me that I can open up the NT and find out in five minutes that I'm wrong is not actually debating or proving how my point is wrong.
4. Telling me my view is an insult to "pretty much all Christians" (self declared "Christians" that is) is quite a compliment, but adds nothing to the debate. Do you tell Muslims that their view is an insult to pretty much all Christians too?
5. Where did Jesus reveal this otherwise exactly, especially in the face of "Ye are gods"? Scripture to back your claims please.
You are dead wrong in your claims, because you are speaking against what is common knowledge and which one can simply open up the Bible and see the fallacy you are presenting.
'Ye are Gods'. Who do you think He was pertaining to?
The irony of your supreme misunderstanding is in history, specifically where Jesus criticizes the pharisees.
You are a blatant insult to Christians because you are trying to put yourself above Christians. That is blasphemy.
It's a bad joke, and the meaning you think is behind the quote you have given and the scenario before is just a completely warped and false idea.
So do not tell me to 'back myself up'. Rather, read the Bible and stop meddling with things you know little about.
Psalm 82 I presume., is not about just Jews. I know MJ's who will state exactly the same.
Like I said, please do not bring that garbage to me. I'm done with this thread.
Last edited by Sum1sGruj on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shermana
Prodigy

Post #108

Post by Shermana »

Sum1sGruj wrote:
Shermana wrote: 1. Where did I call you specifically an unworthy Christian, even if I implied it.
You are dead wrong in your claims, because you are speaking against what is common knowledge and which one can simply open up the Bible and see the fallacy you are presenting.
'Ye are Gods'. Who do you think He was pertaining to?
The irony of your supreme misunderstanding is in history, specifically where Jesus criticizes the pharisees.
You are a blatant insult to Christians because you are trying to put yourself above Christians. That is blasphemy.
It's a bad joke, and the meaning you think is behind the quote you have given and the scenario before is just a completely warped and false idea.
So do not tell me to 'back myself up'. Rather, read the Bible and stop meddling with things you know little about.
Psalm 82 I presume., is not about you. I know Messianic Jews who will state exactly the same.
Like I said, please do not bring that garbage to me. I'm done with this thread.
Telling me that I am a blatant insult to Christians, that I've blasphemed, that my interpretation is a bad joke, telling me I am "meddling" in things I know little about, and that my view is garbage is not exactly a substitute for debating the points. Also, I recommend learning the difference between "Common knowledge" and "traditional mainstream".

I have a right to believe that "Ye are gods" is in fact referencing the House of Israel. You have yet to actually explain what you think that verse means. Along with whether you think Jesus was criticizing the Canaanite woman for something her people did collectively or her personally. I have a right to believe that his use of the word "Dog" indicated a racial hierarchy he acknowledged. Telling me that you know Messianic Jews who will say the same does little to bolster your argument.

I also don't think you understand why Jesus criticized the Pharisees from your response.

PS You must back up your claims when you are asked, that is how the forum works, if you have questions, email a mod. You are not immune from source checking your doctrines.
Last edited by Shermana on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sum1sGruj
Banned
Banned

Post #109

Post by Sum1sGruj »

Shermana wrote: Telling me that I am a blatant insult to Christians, that I've blasphemed, that my interpretation is a bad joke, telling me I am "meddling" in things I know little about, and that my view is garbage is not exactly a substitute for debating the points. Also, I recommend learning the difference between "Common knowledge" and "traditional mainstream".

PS You must back up your claims when you are asked, that is how the forum works, if you have questions, email a mod. You are not immune from source checking your doctrines.
I am immune to whatever I want to be immune to. Do you think I really care if someone who goes around insulting Christians, trying to make himself of more importance because he's Jewish decides to jump up and down screaming 'prove it'?

I know exactly how forums work. I likely have more experience then half the people on this site, actually. I know the difference between debaters and internet warriors.
Last edited by Sum1sGruj on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shermana
Prodigy

Post #110

Post by Shermana »

Sum1sGruj wrote:
Shermana wrote: Telling me that I am a blatant insult to Christians, that I've blasphemed, that my interpretation is a bad joke, telling me I am "meddling" in things I know little about, and that my view is garbage is not exactly a substitute for debating the points. Also, I recommend learning the difference between "Common knowledge" and "traditional mainstream".

I am immune to whatever I want to be immune to. Do you think I really care if someone who goes around insulting Christians, trying to make himself of more importance because he's Jewish decides to jump up and down screaming 'prove it'?

I know exactly how forums work. I likely have more experience then half the people on this site, actually. I know the difference between debaters and internet warriors.
Apparently you don't know how they work, because according to the rules, you are NOT immune to requests for evidence for your claims, and you are not immune from using ad hominem arguments, if you can't actually disprove my points, simply honorably concede. You must retract all claims you cannot support.

I am also assuming you meant to insult me by calling me an "internet warrior" as if that somehow renders me not a debater and my points invalid.

And yes, I DO Think you care since you ask. A lot apparently.