Are you in Christ?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

c.o.c.
Student

Are you in Christ?

Post #1

Post by c.o.c. »

Many proclaim to be a christian, and most proclaim that they got into Christ a certain way, but there are many different answers that I have heard. "Yes but what does the bible say?" How does one get into Christ, scripturally. Please no "I think or I believe" people. this deserves straight up scripture references. If you do not have direct scripture to back up how you got into Christ then please do not respond.I have only found a few verses that directly state how one gets into Christ, have you found them?

chachynga
Apprentice

Re: Are you in Christ?

Post #2

Post by chachynga »

c.o.c. wrote:Many proclaim to be a christian, and most proclaim that they got into Christ a certain way, but there are many different answers that I have heard. "Yes but what does the bible say?" How does one get into Christ, scripturally. Please no "I think or I believe" people. this deserves straight up scripture references. If you do not have direct scripture to back up how you got into Christ then please do not respond.I have only found a few verses that directly state how one gets into Christ, have you found them?

what deleting my posts I see.

what do you think the bible says

c.o.c.
Student

Post #3

Post by c.o.c. »

What? :confused2:

chachynga
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by chachynga »

c.o.c. wrote:What? :confused2:
Yea, my post vanished.

Don't worry, it's happened elsewhere (not here before).

Anyhow, there are several to cover... and I have to prepare to leave for work in a few...

How You Get Into Christ?

You have to Put Him On, his clothes, his Helmet the sword, et al, but first before the true covering, is prayer and repentance etc. then the true covering i.e. the Blood and that application is done through Baptism.

You can rinse all you want with water in a creek and can indeed appear to be clean, somewhat, but the cleansing power is in the soap, applied, and the whole stench is removed.

Hope that helps for now, I have a minute left or less.

C-Ya

jimtatertayte
Scholar

Re: Are you in Christ?

Post #5

Post by jimtatertayte »

c.o.c. wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:07 pm Many proclaim to be a christian, and most proclaim that they got into Christ a certain way, but there are many different answers that I have heard. "Yes but what does the bible say?" How does one get into Christ, scripturally. Please no "I think or I believe" people. this deserves straight up scripture references. If you do not have direct scripture to back up how you got into Christ then please do not respond.I have only found a few verses that directly state how one gets into Christ, have you found them?
2 John 1:9
Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ,
hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.